Best Western Plus Hotel Massena Nice
Hotels.com
$191
$181
  • Pool
La Villa Nice Victor Hugo(Nice)(Great Value!)
$303
$145
Elvoline
  • Breakfast included
1,388 results
All reviewsgreat locationold townprivilege roommassena squareseparate toilettraditional roomgaleries lafayetterecommend this hotelnice carnivalthe buscentral locationbuffet breakfastgood sizeside streetcity breaktea and coffee making facilitiesreception desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I'm not sure why everyone seems to be glowing about Hotel Massena. It's definitely not a 4 star hotel in terms of looks, comfort or amenities.

The quality of the rooms leaves something to be desired. We were upgraded upon our arrival and I can only imagine what a regular room is like. While the room and bathroom were a generous size the decor was atrocious! Our room was an odd combination of pink, purple, red and green and the bedspreads were gross. I'm not sure why hotels these days think if they put in a flat screen that it 'makes' the room ignoring the fact that the furniture is old and banged up. The worse part is that the air conditioning even at its maximum was definitely a whisper - definitely not what one wants for August.

The location is decent, but if I had the option I would not stay on Place Massena (it wasn't my choice). It might be a quick walk to old town but its missing the charm of Nice. Boulangeries, cheese shops, boutiques - instead this area is cheap shoe stores and touristy restaurants.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Londoner_from_IS
Reviewed August 18, 2009

My friend and I stayed for one night in July. The hotel was lovely - easy to find and centrally located. Each staff member was incredibly polite and helpful - giving us advice on places to visit, printing out bus schedules for us, etc. Our room was spotless - and it had a nice balcony with a view over the street. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Nice!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2009

The Massena Hotel was an incredible place to stay. Every staff member spoke English and were all VERY helpful throughout our 10 day stay in the French Riviera. This hotel is not on the water (those that are on the water are more expensive), but it is centrally located to everything in Nice. It is a 10 minute walk to Old Town, 15 minute walk to train station, 5 minute walk to shops and restaurants.

The Massena Hotel is also VERY clean. Every morning our sheets were changed and new towels were placed in our room. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone who is interested in visiting the French Riviera. It is wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Booking the hotel started the wonderful trip. I made a mistake in the number of days I wanted to stay, but the extra 2 days were not a problem. I was offered an arranged pick up from the airport which was very helpful - I paid for it, but it was easier than finding a taxi.

The staff were courteous and friendly - in spite of my terrible French speaking and understanding! The location is superb, just off place Massena, a simple walk to Old Nice which I adore. The tram is also nice and close for more exploring.

All in all a fabulous start to my extended stay in France.

Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2009

Small but clean room, bathroom very new and fresh. Breakfast buffet absolutely not worth the 20€ price. Great location near the old town and the sea.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo