1,466 results
All reviewsgreat locationold townprivilege roommassena squareseparate toiletgaleries lafayetterecommend this hotelthe buscentral locationbuffet breakfastcity breakside streetreception desktea and coffee making facilitiesstandard roomflower marketsmall room
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Massena in March 2013 whilst in Nice on business.

The lobby is very stylish, clean, neat and inviting, and the staff very welcoming and keen to help. The room was nice enough - I was upgraded to a Priviledge room - and had very comfortable beds, a large nicely enough appointed bathroom and a separate WC. There was a flat panel screen on the wall. It wasn't lavish by any means but was quiet and comfortable.

The buffet breakfast, although modest compared with larger hotels, was good enough: fresh bread, fruit, cereals, croissants, cold meats and cheeses were on offer as well as yoghurt, coffee and juice. There may have been other items but at 6 in the morning I wasn't paying too much attention.

Although I've been to Nice before I asked for some recommendations for meals. I was given some good advice and a few options to suit my requirements.

The only downside was that there is no gym, but there is no mention of this on the website so I can't really complain.

I travel abroad frequently and stay in many hotels. Massena is exactly as it is presented on the website which I found refreshing.

All in all I had a good stay and would recommend it. If interested look at their website which, as I mention above, is representative of the hotel.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank StuartWagner
hotelnicemassena, Deputy General Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Massena Nice, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Sir,
I would like to thank you for selecting the Hotel Massena during your last visit in Nice and the time you took to write us the interest you attach to our property. I am very delighted to read your comment and will be happy to inform our staff about it.
I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Massena March 6-11 and really enjoyed it. The location was perfect and lots of places to eat and shop nearby. The staff was very nice and helpful. I would recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jane S

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I would like to thank you for selecting the Hotel Massena during your last visit in Nice and the time you took to write us the interest you attach to our property. I am very delighted to read your comment and I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed here for 4 days at the end of the Nice carnival. It was on a very good offer with breakfast and I didn't expect too much at half the normal price without breakfast. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. Check-in was friendly and efficient with all the staff dressed in costumes for the carnival. (We were met at the door by a monk, checked in by a princess and a pirate and met at breakfast by a squaw!) We had room 526 at the back of the hotel, so it was quiet, but no view. The bedroom was about average for a city, but the bathroom was fairly small and the separate toilet was just big enough. The room had tea/coffee making, a free safe, good TV with plenty of international channels and free wifi. The bed was 2 singles put together and was comfortable. There was sufficient space to put clothes etc in the wardrobe and drawers. We did find the room hot. It was clean and very adequate for our stay.
Breakfast was fairly standard with a choice of cereals, yoghurts, breads, eggs, cold buffet, fruit and drinks. All the staff were very friendly.
The hotel is very well situated, close to the central Place Massena. Unfortunately the weather was poor and the final carnival parades were cancelled, but we still had a good time going to Menton for the citrus festival and to Monte Carlo. The 100 bus only costs 1 euro each way and is a picturesque journey. For eating in Nice try Restaurant Acchiardo at 38 Rue Droite in the old town. Not easy to find, but well worth it for value and good food.
We would stay at the Massena again if there was a similar offer next year and hopefully with better weather.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alansue67

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you in the future and for next Carnaval 2014 !

Reviewed March 6, 2013

As far as French hotels go, this is not bad. Rooms are small, but comfortably furnished, windows are good so it keeps the noise out. Bathroom is a small, walk-in shower that stinks of drains, but as my French colleague says, "what do you expect, it's France and look how old the building is".

Staff are friendly and helpful, wifi is free but times out regularly meaning you have to input the code again, and again (ok on laptop, not on a phone).

Very well located for some of the major attractions in Nice.

Would I come back again? Yes. I've stayed in much worse hotels in Nice.

Room Tip: The 4th floor has a balcony room - great in the Summer, I hear.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
hotelnicemassena, Directeur général at Best Western Plus Hotel Massena Nice, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I would like to thank you for selecting the Hotel Massena during your last visit in Nice and the time you took to write us the interest you attach to our property. I am very delighted to read your comment.
I will just give more information, most of our rooms are renovated and fortunately are not dated from the age of the building (107 years old !). Wifi is free and for security reason is for 45 minutes non stop connection. We do have rooms with balcony on the 3rd and 5th floor and with terrace on the 6th floor.
I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you in the future.
The Management

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Staying at the Massena was a pleasant experience, it was handily placed for the Carnival and seafront enjoying spacious and well appointed rooms. Breakfast was varied and plentiful with attentive and multi-lingual staff. It is worth noting that weekends are very busy and careful thought should be given as to the time you take breakfast as it seemed coach parties took over the breakfast area at regular periods. Well worth a visit especially if it can be obtained at a decent price.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded room as these are better appointed than the older ones.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
All of us are committed to provide the highest degree of comfort and service to all our guests. Your evaluation is important, telling us what we do a good job or what we have to improve.
I will certainly share your observations with the entire hotel staff and are sorry not to have met your expectations.