“Clean and comfortable Stay in Nice”

Best Western Plus Hotel Massena Nice
Ranked #25 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Clean and comfortable Stay in Nice”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I normally book an apartment in Nice but these can be very expensive and quality is sometimes lacking. We noticed a special offer for the Hotel Massena and decided to give it a try. It could not have been more convenient, situated close to the main retail area of the Place Massena. For a small fee the hotel was offering an upgrade to a larger executive room, which we took advantage of. The room was spotlessly clean with all the necessary facilties. Whilst the hotel did not have a dining room for evening meals it did nevertheless provide meals deliverd to your room. Again this was excellent and far better and cheaper than eating in many of the surrounding restaurants. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful, particularly at reception.
No hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Would recommend an executive room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hywel b
hotelnicemassena, Deputy General Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Massena Nice, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I would like to thank you for selecting the Hotel Massena during your last visit in Nice and the time you took to write us the interest you attach to our property. I am very delighted to read your comment and will be happy to inform our staff about it.
I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you in the future.
Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cheshire
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel.is in an ideal location for both the old & New towns.we stayed here in January for our 25th anniversary the hotel upgraded our room FOC the staff were always helpful, breakfast was very good by continental standards .I would recommend the Massena to anyone staying in.Nice. Take the coach to Monte Carlo only costs €1 & is a very scenic route along the coastline takes about 40 minutes but the views are spectacular

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank wildcrewe
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I would like to thank you for selecting the Hotel Massena during your last visit in Nice and the time you took to write us the interest you attach to our property. I am very delighted to read your comment. We are pleased to hear that your visit in Nice for your 25th anniversary was a succesfull and we are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you in the future.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The location of the hotel is great. It is a very short walk to cafe's, shops, the beach and clubs. The whole time in Nice we didn't need to find any other method of transport. In fact we walked straight from the train station to the hotel (took around 15minutes), although we did have rucksack's rather than suitcases.

The hotel itself is really nice. The rooms are of a comfortable size, very clean and have a classic french feel about them. The hotel staff are really nice and helpful. As soon as we arrived the receptionist was quick to give us a map of the city and pointed out areas of potential interest. The rooms have wifi and it works well compared to other hotels we had stayed in france.

If I return to Nice I would certainly stay here again without question.

(Stayed here with a 4 friends July 2011)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TheoSkrem
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I would like to thank you for selecting the Hotel Massena during your last visit in Nice and the time you took to write us the interest you attach to our property. I am very delighted to read your comment and I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you in the future.
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Massena for 5 nights in early Jan.

Room was nice and neat, serviced regularly.

Only major problems were that the room should be better sound proofed - street noises were highly audible - and also very fickle heater - even when it was turned off, it was still a sauna.

Also our room was directly opposite the lift, so that was quite noisy .

Overall, nice and neat, but too noisy and hot.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank JZWA
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you for your comment about the Hotel Massena. We will not fail to share it with all our teams and take note.
We are sincerely sorry to hear that noise has been a source of embarrassment for you. Know that our historic Hotel-Nice-benefits of continuous improvement and isolation rooms are part of. We are sorry for the noise in the street but it's true that it is very difficult to control the sounds of our environment in Nice.
All of us are committed to provide the highest degree of comfort and service to all our guests. Your evaluation is important, telling us what we do a good job or what we have to improve.
We look forward to welcoming you in the Hotel Massena on your next stay in Nice.
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here with my partner just before Christmas - The hotel is situated in the most perfect place for everything in the city.....transport (the airport bus drops you off 5 mins away)...... food (too many restaurants to try)......beach (you can hear the waves).
The hotel itself was lovely. The staff couldn't of been more friendly. There was even a drunk French man there every night that would offer assistance lol.
The room was not the most modern, but neither was the city of Nice so it matched perfect. We could even see snow topped mountains from our balcony.
They had several English channels on the TV which was handy. Couldn't comment on breakfast as we didn't have any.

We would recommend and will definitely be staying again (-:

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul S
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed for seven nights with friends in the Hotel Massena including Christmas Day. The hotel is well situated in the town centre, the room was very comfortable and cleaned daily, and the breakfast was superb with most European tastes catered for. There is no restaurant but there are many within a short walk. There is also room service but we did not use it. I had single use of a double room and although the room was plenty big enough and the bed large and comfortable, the wardrobe was rather small for two people. The room had a mini-bar and small safe. I have seen a review which criticised the small separate toilet. I did not find it especially small (how big does it need to be?) and it would have the advantage that you could use it while your partner was in the bathroom. I have also read a review complaining that the room was cramped but I think it must depend on the reservation you make as I certainly did not find it so. Apart from the small wardrobe, the two things I noticed which did not impress me were the lack of handrails in the bath which made me feel a little vulnerable climbing in and out of it when showering though I managed not to slip over, and the unfeasibly slow wifi speed which was mostly under one Mbp and often so slow that it did not work at all (especially in the evening when you would be most likely to use it). My room was quiet and I suffered from no external disturbance at all although there is of course the inevitable corridor noise you will get in any hotel. There is a private secure car park directly opposite. If you use it, be aware that it is not cheap and that the hotel staff park the car and fetch it again when you want it, keeping the key at reception. However, this is so convenient that I would recommend using this service if you have a car. In conclusion, I would not hesitate to stay at the Massena again, notwithstanding the few criticisms I have made. I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: If you need quiet, ask for a room which does not look out on the street.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mark C
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I will certainly share your observations with the entire hotel staff and are sorry not to have met your expectations.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Recently spent 3 nights here. Good location, easy walking distance to Old Town and the beachfront, bus stop, city center, great restaurants, etc. Our room was very poor though. Bed was terribly hard and uncomfortable. The room was ridiculously small and absolutely no storage space. There was no space to even store our 2 suitcases. Also one of the noisiest places we've ever stayed. Bathroom had no space for toiletries and not even a hook to hang my toiletry bag. Shower was tiny too. As was the elevator. I know things are smaller in Europe but this place was the worst I've seen. It may appear as though the buffet breakfast is included but it depends on how you booked the room. Be careful - it's very expensive! Very poor value hotel. Keep looking.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here! Book elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank iloveny46
hotelnicemassena, Directeur général at Best Western Plus Hotel Massena Nice, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
For information, our bedding was recently changed to meet our commitment to quality with respect to our customers.Also we are proud to have our rooms constantly upgrades.
Nevertheless, we would be pleased to help you during your stay if you met some trouble with your room. You just have to mentionned it at the front desk and we would have done our utmost to satisfy you.
The management