Good Location, Clean, Bad Service and Hospitality in Resto, average Breakfast
I was in West End hotel from 10 to 13 May 2011 (rooms in Level 4 and Level 5).
-The hotel is clean and my room had good View and Good Quality.
Special Thanks to Miss Olympe who Did the Check in and also Check out for me and she put a note to her Boss to Solve the Problem of My room and Mr. Jean who Changed My room from Level 4 and then finally to Level 5 room 504 which was the best possible room for me in this hotel.
-Good Location = The location of the hotel is really good and you can reach Hotel by Bus from Airport and you can go to Airport with Same bus by 5 Meter Walk.
You can reach all the public transportation beside the hotel Specially Hop on Hop off Bus. Good View to Sea– near Supermarket InterMarche – Near several Resto and …….
-free High Speed Wi-Fi in Your Room
-Clean Room – Good Housekeeping
- Good Team and good hospitality from Miss Olympe (who did the Check in and Check out and arranged the taxi to airport and she also was good help to me to find an address in NICE)
Good hospitality and respect from Mr Jean in Front Desk who Speaks French ,Italian and Good English .
Good Hospitality and assistant from Mr. Antoine (front desk) who gave me a lot of Information about Nice and Area .
Good Hospitality from Breakfast Team Specially Miss Samira (who has Smile all the time to all guests! – Mr. Charles ( who respects the Guests and check in them ) and a tall Man and a Blond Lady who I don’t know their names which also they were Respecting the guests in Breakfast area .
-Very Bad Hospitality In Restaurant – I had a lunch in the Hotel resto and the quality of the food was average compare to Price!
I had a dinner in this hotel too and I have seen very Bad Hospitality from a men in this Restaurant in the Night Time and I become really sad and sorry and I didn’t finish my Food ! .
the Man didn’t respect the 2 Old clients ( who would like to have Drink only !!!!! ) and also he was Angry to me and other clients and he was Not Speaking Respectfully to me and Others . finally me and 3 American beside me in other Tables told him that it is better that he and his team Be respectful to Guests and use Smile as in France we heard that the client is KING !!! This Bad Hospitality made a Bad night for me in this hotel. so forget about Resto and choose other resto out of the hotel which you can enjoy your stay in Nice in a calm and lovely mood .not in this Restaurant that that the team are angry with you and they don’t have SMILE !
This was really a Bad memory of this hotel for me and I never forget that Night!
- Price of room was expensive compare to other Hotels .
- Some rooms are old and need repair specially my first room in LEVEL 4.
-The Breakfast is Average compare to Price
The most important positive is the location which is really a good value during your stay as you can reach everywhere by public transportation and even by walking to the Beach and Historic Area.
The Front Desk team are Very Good and they respect you and this was a good memory for me in this hotel .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1842, the West End Hotel, a jewel of the Belle Epoque, is ideally located on the legendary Promenade des Anglais. It is 5 minutes from the old city, 10 minutes from the airport and the Palais des Congrès congress centre.In an enchanting setting, the Hotel is a perfect combination of tradition, savoir-faire, and modernity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Fastbooking, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Nice
- West End Hotel Nice
- Nice Best Western
- Hotel West End Nice