“Good value city break option for small groups”

Park Inn by Radisson Nice Airport
Ranked #123 of 203 Hotels in Nice
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights this week. 4 of us celebrating a big birthday. Deliberately stayed out of town to keep price down. We were given adjoining rooms on 5th floor so felt like we were in a suite. Swimming pool was great for relaxing which is what we wanted as aim of holiday was mainly to relax and unwind. Waiting service in the pool restaurant is very slow and staff do not speak very good English (mind you my French was shameful so guess partly my fault). The 2 lifts get very busy when the numerous cabin crews & coach parties arrive in evening. Reception staff helpful and rooms on our floor were clean spacious and good for a short stay.

Had to walk to airport (5mins) to get no 98 bus into Nice and never found the one back again so was a €25-€30 taxi ride. There is a shuttle bus to the other Radisson hotel near town at 10am and you can use their beach.

Wouldn't walk far from the hotel at night unless you're happy to walk past ladies of the night.

Having said this, we really enjoyed our stay. Good,clean, simple hotel with good service. A typical airport hotel with nice touches of outside pool. Would stay again if in small group. Not a romantic getaway though.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We had a very early flight out of Nice, and needed to get to the airport by about 5:00 a.m. and wanted to turn our car in the night before. The room was small (not unexpectedly) so I wouldn't recommend it for a 2-week stay, but it was clean and comfortable, with a surprisingly nice view to the west. It was also very quiet, which is unusual for someplace that close to the airport. The only negative was that there was only one restaurant, by the pool, open for our evening meal. That said, I'll note that the meal was quite good and not horribly expensive. Overall, it's a good choice for an overnight stay before catching a flight out of Nice, and a good value at that.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BobW39
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I slept here for my work, this hotel probably caters to people who have little choice where they sleep.
Although I didn't pay for the room myself, my room door stated minimum price as €160 per night, for which I would expect more than this.
The hallway had a strong chemical smell, which was even worse in my room. This couldn't be fixed by opening a window, since the windows can't be opened.
The room itself was OK apart from that, pretty much what you would expect from a park inn.
The swimming pool outside is rather nice (apart from being on a parking lot, there is a hedge around it), although there were quite a few loose tiles in the swimming pool.
Room service menu was decent, varied and not too pricey, untill I noticed the tray charge which seemed a bit disproportionate and removed the 'not too pricey' part.

All in all, it's not very bad, but I was disappointed at this hotel. With a little bit of effort it would be worth the money and could even be quite nice, but right now it just scores below my standards.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 19, 2012

The staff were extremely helpful. There is a free shuttle to the airport. The food was better than average for an airport hotel - I ate in the ground-for outdoor restaurant by the pool - but it is not the quality of what you find in a restaurant in the area. However, it was a quiet stay, there was free wifi (you have to ask for a passcode at reception), a good shower (no bath in y room) and a bright and cheerful decor. You get a discount at the hotel if you have a Radisson gold points card. I had to leave too early for breakfast.

Room Tip: There were at least two non-smoking floors.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed here the last night of a two-week trip because we had to be at the airport at 5 AM the next morning.

We drove our rental car into the hotel's parking garage (a harrowing experience even with our small car), planning to have to pay the 15 Euro parking fee even though we planned to (and did) drive the car to Hertz at the airport within an hour so we wouldn't have to deal with car return the next morning. The front desk clerk graciously buzzed us out of the parking garage without making us buy the 15 Euro token. After I returned to car to Hertz, I called the hotel from the airport and their shuttle picked me up within about 15 minutes. (Their shuttle runs at least twice each hour, 24/7.) The shuttle also took us to the airport the next morning. The trip is only 5 - 7 minutes, at least when traffic is normal.

The only significant complaint about the hotel is that the front desk is understaffed. The front desk clerk was incredibly efficient and helpful, but he was trying to check people in, answer phones, help people make international phones calls, etc., all at the same time and all by himself. But he did it all graciously.

Our room was pretty small for a 4-star hotel. Basically a nice room, but as others have noted there are areas of peeling paint, etc. The room was far too warm and the air conditioning would not adjust even though it was supposedly adjustable. We had absolutely no problems with aircraft noise or any other noise.

I think this hotel gets 4 stars more because it's a full-service hotel than because of quality. We paid an advance, no-refund rate that was very reasonable. I would have been very unhappy had I paid the rack rate of 140+ Euros.

I would not hesitate to stay here again - as a pre-flight, overnight hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pdxhej
Reviewed May 4, 2012

It's an airport hotel, what do you expect? But it is not charmless, and they do have the basics in quite a comfortable way for a night's sleep before facing the hell that is Nice airport's parking station car rental return. I was happy to pick them, since, corny though it might be, the colourful happy happy interior decoration was some how cheering in the blighted landscape that you find between a major highway and an airport. I can also say that although some of the staff, were to put it politely 'inexperienced', I am thinking of one waiter in the restaurant from China who was incapable of bringing me anything at all, or performing any task at all since 'I am new here', but he was affable about his incompetence, on the other hand the manager of the restaurant, Nicholas? Was truly fantastic, in his attention to detail and his flexibility with every request both for dinner and the breakfast run, which I needed extra early due to the inhuman hour of my departure. I must also say that the room, a deluxe, was very comfortable, functional, and had a view of the ocean, admittedly over and airstrip, but was totally silent, and easy to sleep in. This is not a place I would stay in for any other reason than that I had to depart on a super early flight, but in so far as this is concerned I do not think from what I saw in the other nearby alternatives you could have a more convenient and really rather comfy standby hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank olamicus
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We had booked this hotel for a 3 course lunch for our party of 14 after being on a cruise provided by MSC. Our transfer from our cruise arrived at Nice airport at 12 and our flight wasnt until 6.45pm, so we thought that this was a good way to break up the day instead of sitting in a hot airport for hours. The Hotel's shuttle bus picked us up from Nice airport T1 and when we needed to go back to the airport, they dropped us back.
Our lunch was very nice, we had already pre-booked the food we were having and all was served in large portions and was presented nicely on the plate. Our party included young children, teens and adults. The children had a seperate selection for their meals and the teens of our party wanted to eat off the childrens menu. The hotel allowed us to do so, giving them larger portions of the meal for an extra £2 ish.

The food was really good and of such a reasonable price!
After lunch we were able to sit by the pool outside in the sun with drinks which was so nice and relaxing.

Really recommend this hotel for a stop of lunch or a stay. We have already decided we will be returning to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family