“Great Location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great Location”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed here for the weekend. Beautiful location and lovely view. Lots of eating place and coffee shops and chocolate shops within the walking distance.
Location is very safe to walk even after dark.
The Restaurant manager was an Indian and he organized some real good Vegetarian meals for us and also suggested some good wines. He shared with us the places which we must visit during our stay.
The Breakfast was real good.
Most memorable weekend in Nice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel was very nice, the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful and the roof-top restaurant well worth a visit. Our room at the front gave us an excellent view over the Med and there was no problem with noise from the road in front. Very convenient to the airport and an enjoyable walk into Nice, although the hotel bus is also there to take you into the city.

Our room was very pleasant, not the largest, but provided for all out needs. The buffet breakfast was good and the food at the roof-top restaurant was delicious.

Nice is a lovely city with many interesting places to visit.

A very enjoyable trip and we'd certainly use the hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a great view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

I've been here a lot of times for business. It's a nice hotel. Very well situated with a pool, bar an restaurant on the roof. But I'm always amazed when I see the prices they ask for a drink or a light meal. It's expensive...
The front rooms are very nice with a fantastic sea view. However, during the day and the evening it's very, very noisy thanks to the thousands of cars, busses and motorbikes which are passing just in front of the hotel. Luckily there is a double glass door to the terras, so you don't hear much of it when it's closed. The rooms on the back side of the hotel are a little quiter.
The last time I was in this hotel, I got a room on the back side. Unfortunately there was a lot of water damage on the wall. A big mistake of the hotel. Don't give such a room to a client!! We pay a lot for a room and this should not happen. The waiting time for another room was almost 2 hours so I accepted this one. But this ruined my stay!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Carl V
Plano, Texas
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I wish I was there for my vacation, but I was not. I got stuck in the hotel for meetings after meetings and did not have lot of time on the beach - right out side the hotel. Well, three rainy days over my five day-stay period. I guess I won't enjoy as much even when I am on vacation. No, I am not complaining. Mediterranean Sea looks interesting even it was pouring and with lightening. When it is clear, the different degrees of blue is really beautiful.

The hotel is right in front of the beach, separated by a four lane major road. There was part of the beach served by the hotel offering food, drinks and beach chairs and umbrellas. You don't have to be a hotel guest to enter. Even if you don't plan to dip into the water, it is really relaxing just having drinks or some food and blending your self into the Mediterranean Blue.

The room is spacious with all the amenities closed to the five-star hotels. We had a discounted meeting rate so it is not unreasonable; the normal rate is on the high-end, which is not much different than the other beach front hotels in Nice. The room is quiet and clean. If you pay 30 Euros more per night, you can have an Ocean view room.

Breakfast is included in our rate. It is buffet style; however, I have noticed that, while the selections may be not much different than the breakfast buffet offered by other four-star/five-star hotels in Europe, the quality is actually much better. Hot stuff as well as cold-cuts are all great. Best of all, the bread selection. In my trip to Nice, I had meals in various places. One thing in common is that the breads were all good. There are an array of breads for you to choose. I guess the French do know how to make bread.

There is a bar/restaurant on the roof/pool area. You can get up there and enjoy the panorama view of the bay. You can see the Nice airport from there as well. Although the hotel may look like located in the middle of no where, there are many sandwich shop, small eateries a couple of blocks on the street behind the hotel. You can find pizza, salad, Mediterranean food, Chinese, and Sushi, depending on how far you want to walk. A couple of grocery stores behind the hotel offering drinks, fruit and food at a fair price. The food in the hotel is also good but just a bit pricy. Well, the price of the pizza in the hotel is about 15 Euros, which is about 4~5 Euros higher than the pizza shot outside. To be fair, I had a lamb shank at the hotel restaurant by the beach for lunch, although it cost me more than 20 Euros for the dish, the quality was great and it was not more expensive than the similar food I got when I went to Old Town.

You must visit Old Town when you are in Nice. The hotel offers free shuttle services to and from the Old Town. The shuttle leaves for Old Town on every hour from 10am to 11pm, and returns from Old Town at every 30 minutes of the hour (10:30am through 11:30pm). It is a good size bus, which can take more than 30 people, and it is on first come first served basis. The passengers are not allowed to stand while the bus is moving. So, you need to be there early during rush-hours. There are buses to Old Town (one Euro per ride, pay the driver) but you'd better check the routes. I have to say the system is kind of different as some of the buses only allow passengers to get off. There are a great selection of shops and restaurants. One thing I don't quiet get is the most popular food seems to be

Pizza (thin-crust)!

It is everywhere. Of course, Seafood are very common there as well.

Nice is between Canes and Monte Carlo. You can visit these two places by train. The round-trip train fare to Monte Carlo is 7.5Euros and and ride is about 25-30 minutes. I may put my short visit to Monte Carlo later. I did not go to Canes but I heard it is also a trip worth taking when you are in the area.

Enjoy Nice, enjoy French Riviera!

Room Tip: Higher level would be quieter from street noise (unless you want to keep the windows closed).
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here for a long weekend. The hotel is not that centrally located but the walk the Promenade des Anglais is pleasant and good exercise either before dinner to work up an appetite or after to work the meal off. One time we got the shuttle in which drops you off in central Nice. Another time we got a bus along the sea front which only costs 1 euro.

The hotel beach had nice sunbeds and attentive service.

The hotel buffet breakfast had a good range to cater to most tastes. Was busy on the days we visited but all items were well stocked.

Roof top bar and pool was an added bonus though the pool was busy when we went to visit. Cocktails seemed a little on the expensive side but were well made

The interior decor on the floors is a little dated. Bit Miami vice.

Overall would recommend the hotel but is a little bit away from the centre.

Room Tip: Sea view is best - great to wake up to Med sunrise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank swimboi
Turku, Finland
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed there for 4 nights with the family. We had two adjacent rooms on the uppermost floor with nice balconies overlooking the Mediterranian. The rooms were quiet, nice and clean. Breakast was very good and room service was good. The center of the city is not far and the stroll along the boardwalk is enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Arrived from the UK without my credit cards! Check in staff could not have been more helpful, organised everything while I had a scrumptious glass of Chablis on the outstanding roof terrace. I was then checked in to the most wonderful suite.
The staff continued to be a credit to this hotel for the duration of my stay.
I would recommend the Radisson Blu to my best friends

Room Tip: just close the curtains and sleep, any room would be great
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo