Splendid Hotel & Spa
$287
Agoda.com
$276
  • Pool
Hotel La Villa Nice Promenade(Nice)(Great Value!)
$122
$116
$193
$149
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Hotel de la Fontaine(Nice)(Great Value!)
$135
$121
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Suisse(Nice)
$311
$298
  • Room Service
Hotel West End(Nice)(Great Value!)
$207
$220
$384
$287
1,075 results
All reviewsdeluxe roomrooftop poolwhirlpool bathtrain stationold towntop floorsun loungerssmall poollarge balconywalk in showerreception staffmini barfive minute walkwithin easy walking distanceair conditioningsea frontshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was running a conference at this place, and then caught a weekend there with the family. The hotel is about average, but in a good location. The staff was helpful and attentive to our needs, but meeting facilities were not at all impressive. WiFi was not working well (capacity issues with the number of delegates on the floor), but the hotel dealt with it very well, by issuing Orange vouchers to cover our needs and at no cost. The prices (rooms and meeting facilities) were quite reasonable. I would probably recommend it, but with a caution not to expect anything more than average accommodations.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
michel t, General Manager at Splendid Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

bonjour
thanks a lot for taking the time to let others and ourselves know about your stay with us; we are in the process of changing our WiFi provider to have a better bandwidth and be able to offer it complimentary to seminars, meetings and those who book directly on our website
I was happy to know our staff reacted accordingly
We do hope to welcome you again and this time make you a bit more enthusiastic about our product and services: your comments help us to get better
thanks again and have a splendid evening

michel tschann - gm g-m (at) splendid-nice.com

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel because the meeting was being held there. It was a pleasant little place, and I have stayed at worse. First I have to say that there was nothing so negative that I would say to anyone "don't stay there", however the opposite is also true, there was nothing about the place that would make me recommend it either. There were however three small things that stuck in my mind, the first was the woefully poor Internet connection, the second was the size of the two single beds in my room, and third was the restaurant on the top floor.

We were about 60 or 70 in the meeting and it was often quite difficult to get a connection on the orange network, for which we were given free 24 hour pass codes by the meeting organizers. And after having stayed in various hotels around the world I found the room a little poky and the bed was only just big enough for my 1.8m/90kg stature. Probably got too used to the big American beds.

Now the restaurant was the worst of the three. It was like an afterthought. It is too small, the layout is bad, and because of the size the breakfast offering is limited.

So if I had to go back I would not say no, if the meeting was there again, however I wouldn't ask for the place.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
michel t, General Manager at Splendid Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Bonjour
Thanks a lot for taking the time to let others and ourselves, know about your stay with us; I was of course a bit disappointed that you were not enthusiastic about your stay
The panoramic restaurant has about 60 seats, and there is also seating in the bar and on the terraces (weather permitting...); the buffets include eggs, cereals, breads, ham, salami, cheese, etc
We are changing our WiFi operator as indeed when many people are in a conference room and connecting at the same time our bandwidth is somewhat limited
On the next meeting, we would be sorry not to welcome you but perhaps you would then see the changes...and change your mind

michel tschann - gm

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Not a good choice for an otherwise really great trip! After Nice and Monte Carlo, we went onto Chamonix and awesome skiing.Need to go to the perfume factory, which is on the way to Monte Carlo. The train is nice,on time and very clean.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else! The staff were nice, but the hotel itself is old and tired.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Beth H
NiceSplendid, General Manager at Splendid Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

bonjour
Thanks a lot for taking the time to let others and ourselves know about your stay with us; I was of course disappointed that you did not like the hotel...in february
We are constantly doing renovations and I am happy you were not disturbed by their noises during your stay
We all look forward to welcoming you again

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Just getting ready to check out of the hotel tomorrow. Easy to find with good location just a few short blocks from the ocean and the main touristy dining areas. The staff, especially Ophelie at the desk, were quite helpful and very friendly. As an aside, eat at Chez Arthur nearby for the best meal in town, and rent a car from Greenrent for super friendly service and hotel pickup and drop off.

The rooms were fine with a big bathroom and two beds which fit my family of four. They are modern enou with flat screen tv etc though look a bit dated as does the entire building. There is a fairly good breakfast at the rooftop restaurant which is expensive but included if you book directly with the hotel.

Gripes? The exercise room is small and poorly equipped. The "concierges" really didn't know much. I asked about how to get to museums and they sent me to the wrong bus stop and on a Tuesday when all the museums were closed! Hello? You live here and are supposed to be able to guide tourists. They also didn't seem to know much about any of the local restaurants and I had to find things online for myself.

So, again, the hotel was a bit dated looking and I wouldn't have been happy with it in the USA, but accept that this is actually pretty good for Europe, and the concierge and exercise room were not up to par. But, the location is good, breakfast is included if you book directly, and most of the staff were great so overall I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

bonjour
Thanks a lot for taking the time to let others and ourselves know about your stay with us; I was delighted you enjoyed the hotel, and very sorry about the mistake made by our concierge for the museums; I can only assume they did not realize it was tuesday !
Full hot buffet breakfast is indeed complimentary if you book directly with us and stay at least 3 nights which was your case apparently, and I am glad you enjoyed it
We all look forward to welcoming you again

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We arrived very early at the hotel, at 8am due to a very early flight. Although we were not supposed to check in until 2pm, we were given our room straight away at no extra charge, which was wonderful as we were wet through having been caught in the rain.

The hotel is easy to find, and is a short walk from the promenade de anglais, where you get off the bus from the airport. It is also a short walk to the train station and the centre of town, so a great base to explore Nice and the surrounding towns.

The room is a little on the 'cosy' side, but this is due to the largest bed you could wish for and a lovely balcony. The bathroom was superb, with a jacuzzi and a separate shower cubicle.

On the 8th floor is a bar, which is nice and a restaurant (which we did not eat in). There is also a small pool and sun loungers, but this was not open until later in spring, which is understandable given the weather.

Overall, this was an average hotel aesthetically, but was made great by the staff who were very helpful. I would highly recommend to anyone looking to visit Nice.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Phil H
NiceSplendid, General Manager at Splendid Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

bonjour
Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your views on our stay with us. I was delighted to know you enjoyed your stay -despite the rain- and that our staff was able to treat you like a human being and not a credit card number
Our terraces are indeed even more pleasant during the summer season !
we all look forward to welcoming you in the Splendid soon again
have a Splendid evening