Nice hotel, clean, spacey, great view from the room and great corporate negotiated rate,
- We held a conference, while restoration or repair works were taking place in the upper floors meaning that drill and hummer noise was accompanying us through the sessions, making us at least nervous. Please do not organize conferences at the same time with restoration works !
- No WiFi available in the rooms in 2011 (!) in Nice that is supposed to be the technology city of France.
- Room had 3 phone appliances. When I asked a colleague to call me, I heard a ring tone, but the phone on the desk was not that one (was still giving a dial tone!). Tried the one close to the bed next, was able to talk, but was quite away from my laptop that had to stay on the desk connected to the network wire due to the lack of WiFi ! In a few words could not do work this way. Another time that I asked a family member to call me, he did so, but no phone ever rang ! (Possibly the operator connected another room).
- Once I ordered room service, and after finishing put the tray outside my room door in the corridor. Shortly after I found under my door a cart that I should have called the room service butler at phone 4400 to collect the tray. Found it very rude indeed and regretted immediately the generous tip I had signed in my bill !
- On the morning of departure, did not find the bill pre-printed under my room door so I could have an express checkout. Had to go to the reception together with numerous other colleagues to do checkout waiting in queues. No billing information on the TV either.
In a few words, nice hotel for tourists, but with huge room for improvements for a business traveler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At n°1 Promenade des Anglais, Le Méridien Nice is set in the perfect location, facing the sea, right in the centre of town. Featuring a a roof top terrace with the main restaurant "La Terrasse" offering a spectacular view and a taste of the Mediterranean and a heated swimming pool, the hotel also benefits from an indoor restaurants, "Le Colonial Café," in a relaxing lounge setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Nice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Nice Hotel Nice
- Meridien Nice
- Nice Le Meridien