Le Meridien Nice
$281
$262
$218
2,254 results
All reviewsgreat locationrooftop restaurantold townsea viewtop floorsun loungerscorner roommediterranean seaexecutive roomlarge balconyfrench rivieracote d'azursea frontmonte carlopromenadeterrassemonaco
Reviewed October 12, 2010

we stayed here in october and booked the La meridien sea view suite. what a surprise when we checked in and were told we had a free upgrade to the Presidential suite. WOW the suite was huge. it had a lounge room, dining room and bedroom. The terrace was almost a whole floor long. Simply stunning. the food at breakfast was great and had a huge selection. The only down side was for some reason the bathroom in the suite attached to the main bedroom stunk of raw sewage. it was almost unbareable to enter the room. Being the only presidential suite in the hotel we could not be moved to another room. Also the staff were amazingly friendly. Especially george the room sevice manager who was simply charming. thanks alot for a very memorable stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
meridiennice, General Manager at Le Meridien Nice, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2010

Dear Jasonkiran,
Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay in Nice.
I am glad you appreciated the free upgrade to the Presidential Suite, which is indeed a huge suite with fantastic views
I was also delighted that you found the team friendly and helpful, with a special mention for George of Room Service. Many first class comments concerning the evening butler service have been received.
As for the excellent breakfast, our breakfast bar offers a very wide range of delights, including the classic continental breakfast; a fitness breakfast with freshly squeezed orange and grapefruit juices, cereals etc; a superb buffet breakfast and also a special "live cooking" area where one can order made-on-the-spot omelettes and also a variety of cooked eggs : scrambled, fried, poached etc.
The breakfast bar is located in the beautifully refurbished Colonial Café restaurant with picture windows overlooking the bay and the Promenade des Anglais.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again.
With my best regards,

Reviewed October 12, 2010

Though the rooms are quite expensive, you have to pay separately for breakfast, terrace, fitness room and so on. The bathroom looked shabby and the reception staff was not very friendly. The entry, the reception and the hallways with stained carpets do not belong to a hotel of this category. There was a unpleasant surprise when we got home: each of our credit card had been charged for an extra 950 euros. Nobody seemed to know why, or cared. We are still waiting for a refund. A letter to the manager never got an answer.
In future we will go the Negresco, a real luxury hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
meridiennice, General Manager at Le Meridien Nice, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2010

Dear Solange37,
Firstly, may I apologize for the accounting error you experienced further to your stay.
After investigation, I have been reassured that your reimbursement went through on 30th September. Please check your account and should you require any further assistance, I would be only too happy to help.
I'm afraid that I did not receive your letter. I especially make a point of replying to each and every letter I receive.
In closing, please receive my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused. Should your travels bring you back to Nice, I do hope you will give us another chance to welcome you and to make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed October 8, 2010

outstanding staff, location and quality. i look forward to returning in the near future. We enjoyed our stay in Nice and would highly recommend this hotel for sophisticated travelers that expect the finest things in life.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
meridiennice, General Manager at Le Meridien Nice, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2010

Dear JP 2553,
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor.
I was sincerely happy to learn how much you enjoyed your recent stay at Le Méridien Nice and look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2010

Loved the Meridien...! The location was perfect as it was close to everything and you could walk virtually where ever you want to go.
Many restaurants, shops etc..within walking distance. I would recommend definately getting a sea view room - the rooms on the otherside of the hall did not look as nice and perhaps were not renovated yet.
We found the front desk was helpful with dinner reservations as well as arranging transportation. No issues here!
Don't hesitate as we really enjoyed our stay!
Have a cocktail at the Roof Bar - what a beautiful view!

• Stayed: September 2010

Dear Luv2travel67
I'm delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay at Le Méridien Nice and that you were taken care of by our friendly and helpful staff. I'll ensure that your comments are shared with them.
Our hotel has indeed a great location, with spectacular views overlooking the Mediterranean and the famous Promenade des Anglais; it's only a stone's throw from the old town; the pedestrian zone, with the exclusive shops, is just around the corner.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again. Don't hesitate to contact us, we would be more than happy to assist you with your reservation.
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on this website.

Reviewed October 8, 2010

Based on several previous negative reviews of Le Meridien Nice here on TripAdvisor, I approached our stay thinking "will this be the worst-ever use of 12,000 SPG points?".

What a most pleasant surprise my wife & I got when we arrived at the hotel and found it to be nothing near as bad as some reviews had led us to expect.

We took the escalator up to the hotel lobby, where we received a warm and friendly welcome. Even though we were using SPG points for our stay, we were upgraded to a Deluxe room, on Floor 8.

Our room was very large and spacious, with a balcony providing great views overlooking the Baie des Anges.

The bathroom was surprisingly big (by European standards), with a combined bath/shower.

We didn't dine in the hotel, but the restaurant was busy at breakfast when we went out for a walk.

Staff were attentive and friendly whenever we asked for directions or assistance.

We found Nice itself to be an unexpected treasure (we especially enjoyed walking through the many lanes and alleyways of the Old Town), and wished that we had more time to stay and discover Nice.

Should we ever return to Nice, we would not hesitate to stay again at Le Meridien Nice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear BrisbaneYankee,
I am delighted that you were given the opportunity to make your own opinion about Le Méridien Nice and that you were pleasantly surprised.
Thank you for giving us such a wonderfully honest account of your stay.
I do hope that your travel plans permit you to return to Nice in the not too distant future.

Pabli Bandala