“Locaiton, location, location, and the serivice is prett good, too.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Nice

Le Meridien Nice
Ranked #70 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Alexandria, VA
“Locaiton, location, location, and the serivice is prett good, too.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed my 2-night stay here. I used Starwood points, and perhaps if I had to pay normal rates, I may not have been quite so pleased. I stayed in #860, which had a stunning view of both the Mediterranean Sea and the old city. The room was average size for Europe, but efficiently laid out with plenty of closet space for a single person. The wall of windows out to the terrace with that view made the room seem much bigger than it was. The only complaint I had about the room was that there was the occasional mild mildew odor in the bathroom--which was otherwise sparkling clean and well lit. I'm sensitive to molds and mildew, but this wasn't bad enough to bother me. It wasn't even bad enough to complain about. Even though this room looked out onto the main promenade, the double-paned windows ensured the room was vey quiet. Everyone I came in contact with at the front desk was courteous, knowledgeable, and helpful, regardless of what I asked of him or her. I had looked for a small, boutique hotel in Nice, but decided that this location outweighed the disadvantages of a large chain hotel. And to their credit, the staff—front desk, housekeeping, and room service—was top notch.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dallas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2009

Overall we were disappointed that a 4 star rated hotel could have such horrible rooms (we booked a classic room - as they call it).
We first were put in a room which was quite horrible -- heavily stained carpets, smelling bath room, AC was actually dripping water. However, on request they move us to another similar room - but, a bit better (the AC does not drip water) - overall the rooms were horrible. If you are booking here DONT get a classic room - they are not at all good. Perhaps other renovated rooms may be better - but I dont know for certain.

The service was good overall and the location is great with easy access to most tourist places.

The hotel has no parking of its own - you will have to use a nearby public parking (with about 23 euro per day). You can ask for a package (if you are staying multiple days)with the parking lot assistant which could save you some money.

The hotels internet is costs 23 euro per day. But, you can actually easily connect to the 'Orange wifi' access point which seems to be available through the hotel will get you the internet for 10 euro per day.

The TV programming is mostly all french with no usable entertainment for free. Perhaps the paid package will get you some english channels - but thats extra money.

There is a entry fee to use most of the services in the hotel - including fitness center, swimming pool and most other services.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Nice hotels

San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2009

We booked a classic room with SPG cash and points for a few nights on vacation. Based off of somewhat negative reviews, we were very satisfied with our stay. The lobby was renovated. Friendly front desk. While the rooms were not high end, they were clean, had all the necessities and perfectly suitable. The best part was the roof deck and pool, and the location of the hotel can't be beat--right in the promenade. Keep in mind that we used cash and points--if we would have paid full price for the room my expectations would have been higher.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Long Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2009

I would like to sincerely thank the staff at the Le Meridien in Nice, France. From the moment I arrived, I was 'wow'd' by the service of the staff as well as the trendy and chic lobby. I had a room on the top floor (Floor 9) in the corner suite. The butler George was superb and the view was spectacular. The room was immaculate and the hallways were all very clean. The pool and restaurant on the top floor were out of this world with their unobstructed view. Food was excellent also. We actually went to the beach across the street one afternoon. It cost $34 Euro's for the both of us. It was well worth it.

The Hotel is smack in the middle of the beach and town and we also walked up and down the streets in the evening. Great shopping stores like Fendi, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Hermes etc.. There is also a great little GRILL restaurante only a few hundred yards away that we truly enjoyed. We sat outside as the serene noice of a trumpet player from the park serenaded in the backround.

I really recommend this spot. Great Stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
meridiennice, General Manager at Le Meridien Nice, responded to this review, September 21, 2009
Dear Rover87,
Thank you for the great comments you wrote regarding Le Méridien Nice.
I’m very happy to read that from the moment you walked into the hotel you were “Wow’d” by the service of our staff and the newly renovated lobby. I’m also glad you were able to enjoy on of our corner suites, the view from our roof top terrace and the location of our hotel.

It is always a pleasure to read of such great success with our clients and I will personally share your comments with all our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Nice in a near future. To this end, please do not hesitate to contact one of my associates directly if you would like to make a booking or if you have any queries.

ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2009

spent 10 days in hotel. first time in nice so location of hotel perfect...bedroom very very basic, carpet soiled,looking out on courtyard. ..breakfast at 22 euro very expensive as were all meals. ..one of gentlemen on the terrace was very very pleasant and helpful. the other was a grouch! reception staff in general were not very helpful but bar staff and dining room staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear barracala,
First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write you comments and personal experience at Le Méridien Nice.
I was happy to see that you were able to enjoy the location of the hotel and found our restaurant staff to be friendly and helpful.

With regards to your other comments I have personally passed this information to our reception supervisors.

Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

We stayed at Le Meridien Nice 9-15 September 09. Stayed in a superior room with breakfast included, the room was lovely, newly refurbished, bed, table and settee outside balcony with sunbeds and table and chairs, side view over the bay. One wall was glass so you woke up looking out over the bay. Nice is expensive, that said, the Hotel is right next to the touristy end of town lots of pavement cafes etc from right outside the door, beach accross the road. Staff very friendly and helpful, breakfast,, all you could wish for. The decor in the corridors is a bit odd, someone went overboard with the mauve paint, and there is a strange smell in the corridors, but the rooms and all the other common areas are fine, so not much of a problem. We would definately recommend and stay there again. We travelled from London by train.

Dear wizardSurrey,

Thank you for the great comments you wrote regarding Le Méridien Nice.
I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I was happy to see that you
were able to enjoy our one of our newly renovated rooms, found our hotel to be in a great location for sightseeing and enjoyed the variety of choice for breakfast.

General Manager,
savannah, ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2009

Very difficult to review, but if its your first time to Nice, this can be a good hotel for sightseeing and beginning your journey. Bastille Day is amazing from here, you are in the heart of it with mobs of people and fireworks all off your balconies. That being said, the staff are inconsistent. The SPG individual, a mature woman with thick dark hair who seemed as if she were switzerland, was there this past summer and the one before, and she had a good memory and a more professional demeanor. The younger women at the front were rude, distracted and not very professional.

The costs for the room and the food were out of line with what you received. The Meridien could be a marriott or anything else the only difference being that the hotel sits on a beautiful location.

Hard to criticize this place, but I just want a lot more from it

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple