Generally, we were quite satisfied with our stay - we were here for 36 hrs in July. Can't say we absolutely loved it (nothing striking happened) but the stay was of consistent quality and the service was excellent, especially for France (Note that I am not making sweeping statements about France. It is just that, in my personal experience, service tends to be somewhat inconsistent in quality.
- service up to par for the stars of the hotel. Mailed my correspondence, took our luggage to our rooms, very helpful all around.
- free wifi in the lobby. Obviously, given that this is a luxury hotel, not in the rooms.
- relatively spacious rooms (at least for my taste). We had the standard
- location! Location! Location! I mean the best in town
- nice spacious bathroom and a real hair drier
- can print boarding passes free of charge. Can print other things for free if you send an email to the front desk (ask them first)
- i liked the gym - good aerobic machines. I think if you wanted weight training, this is probably not it. However, never really been to a hotel gym that was particularly amazing for weight training.
- The roof top pool sucks. There are no lounge beds, only chairs and couches. You can lie on the couches but you have to be pretty shameless, given that other people would be eating lunch right next to you.
- sauna/hamman are not free. 20 euros
- the beds are terrible for le meridien standards. Very stiff. They need to upgrade!!
- no beach access. Discounted lounge beds (still not cheap) at a private beach club across the street. On the upside there is public beach access and other (cheaper beach clubs) less than 200m away from the hotel. Not a problem for us though - Nice beaches and their pebbles (read - huge rocks and no sand what so ever) are just not for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At n°1 Promenade des Anglais, Le Méridien Nice is set in the perfect location, facing the sea, right in the centre of town. Featuring a a roof top terrace with the main restaurant "La Terrasse" offering a spectacular view and a taste of the Mediterranean and a heated swimming pool, the hotel also benefits from an indoor restaurants, "Le Colonial Café," in a relaxing lounge setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Nice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Nice Hotel Nice
- Meridien Nice
- Nice Le Meridien