“First Trip to Nice but do not use hairdresser outside - a rip off!”
Review of Le Meridien Nice

Le Meridien Nice
Ranked #82 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Hotel is in a good spot directly across the road from the beach. Our room was large and big balcony but overlooking a side street.

No internet in the room - had to pay extra for it !!!!

Do not use the hairdresser out on the street as they are a rip off !

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room at least
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
meridiennice, General Manager at Le Meridien Nice, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Dear JaneySm
We are delighted to read that you spent 2011 summer vacation at Le Méridien Nice with your family and thank you for your feedback.
I am pleased that you enjoyed our location across the road from the beach and that you also appreciated our rooms with the large balcony.
Hoping to welcome you back to Le Méridien Nice

Reviewed March 23, 2012

My buddy and I stayed for a weekend while on business in Europe. I was SPG Platinum and he was SPG Platinum Ambassador and as such we at least expected rooms with a view of SOMETHING. No, we both got what I would consider to be rather poor rooms facing internally toward other rooms. Seriously, France is the only place where, as an SPG Platinum member, I've never received the slightest hint of recognition of that status, nor do I know anybody else who has - it's rather frustrating. The hotel was in general like Nice - a veneer of fanciness covering up a a rather dirty core. I've had better-maintained rooms at a Holiday Inn Express, and there was absolutely nothing remarkable about the room I was given. It was a motel room looking at other motel room windows for 230 Euro per night. Needless, to say, I don't feel that I got my money's worth. The hotel is in a great location, which I guess you pay for, with quick access to the beach and the many wonderful restaurants along it. Also, the roof-top restaurant/bar has amazing views and good food, but be prepared to pay through the nose for all of the above. Next time I go to Nice, I will be taking a break from the SPG family, which is really saying something for me.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank 451MSH

Dear 451MSH,
Firstly I would like to thank you for being part of our loyalty programme and having chosen Le Méridien Nice for your stay last summer.
Many thanks also for posting your feedback on this website.
I am pleased to learn that you appreciated our great location in the heart of the city and within walking distance from all the touristic spots of the area.
We do upgrade Platinum members whenever possible. However, we were unable to upgrade you due to the very high occupancy last July.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you had with the service and I will share your feedback with the team.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Arrived around 23.30 from London. I know Nice well so the position is ideal for being close to town and meetings.

Entrance lobby on ground takes you upstaits to 1st floor mezzzanine level with low ceilings so momment you walk in you worry about what's coming !

Unwelcominmg greeting from night receptionsist and very inefficient check in process despite there being no one else arriving. Certainly no feeling of being expected despite being an SPG member

The rooms were small and dark but luckily i had a corner room so thought would wake up to bright sunshine and a great view. This idea was cut short as there was exterior works were taking place outside my window so was woken at 0730 to workman and noisy repairs.

The annoying issue with the room other that the lack of lighting was the smell of stale air and possible bathroom drains and imposisble to open windows as these were taped shut - assume to allow scaffolding and repairs to exterior.

Given the off season and repairs the room rate even discounted from "rack rate" was bad value with the issues mentioned.

Great location facing the sea in the Centre of the Promenade des Anglais but other than that this was not the greatest experience

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank WellTravelled2012_12
meridiennice, General Manager at Le Meridien Nice, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Dear WellTravelled2012-12,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on this website.
On behalf of the hotel team, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you suffered during your stay. You also mentionned that you had a concern with the night receptionist and I will ensure that the team is advised of your feedback.
As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so that we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.
Once again please accept our apologies and I hope to welcome you back to Le Méridien Nice, maybe for a leisure trip next time.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I booked two rooms, was going to meet my parents there as I flew into Nice from US. Booked through SPG at a good rate and pre-paid on my credit card both rooms. Parents got there first and weren't allowed in the room without a deposit payment. I arrived an hour later and front desk never even acknowledged my SPG member status.
After the embarassement finding out that my parents had to pay a cash deposit, i had it reversed soon.
The rooms were standard, not on SPG floor, looking into a dark courtyard and on the 9th floor. Clean, efficient, flatscreen TV, nice size bathroom, great bed.
Walking to the rooms and through the hallways, the hotel seems a little old, i saw some mold on the ceiling in the hallway of 9th floor, the roof restaurant and lobby area seem brand new renovated. Maybe the rooms will be next ?
Breakfast was way too expensive (€23) but good in nice setting , however the staff seemed way too eager to update themselves with gossip than to accmodate guests, plus in my opinion way too many, i saw 3 waiters standing while 2 girls did the tables.

It is unfortunate, great city, great location, but i would definitely choose another hotel, i chose Meridien because of SPG.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Ol23232

Dear 0123232
Thank you for sharing your feedback on this website and for staying at Le Méridien Nice.
Starwood hotels revised their financial data protection policies during 2010 in order to give maximum protection to each guest.
Even though a pre-payment of the guest room may have been made in advance, the hotel policy, which is identical to most hotels, is to request a credit card to guarantee and cover all extras (on very rare occasions and only if a guest has no credit card, the hotel requests a cash deposit).
I understand the uncomfortable situation and hope that your stay wasn't marred by this experience.
Our classic rooms have been softly refurbished and are indeed equipped with LCD screens. I am delighted that you enjoyed the comfort of Le Méridien signature bed and the cleanliness of the room.
Again, thank you for your comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.
Hoping to welcome you back to Le Méridien Nice

Reviewed February 20, 2012

To open the curtains on to a sunny bay every morning made a great start to the day. The hotel staff were welcoming and efficient, without being overly formal or fussy. We were on a short family break, and the hotel gave us a free upgrade from a room with a city view to a deluxe room with a sea view. The room was comfortable and had a great view over the bay. The roof top swimming pool was fun, and staff even got us some extra towels without having to be asked. Breakfast was great, nice food, good coffee and again staff were friendly, efficient and yet not fussy. One problem we did have was on the roof top terrace cafe, where the staff seemed to ignore us for some time, and went about serving people who had arrived after us, whilst apparently not seeing that we were ready to order. I had asked the waiter for some water while we chose from the menu. We never did get the water, and gave up and left as we had tickets for the carnaval and didn't want to miss it because of the lack service. I would have given it an excellent rating had it not been for this.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room with a sea view. The view was great although the road outside got quite busy at...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank grandmec

Dear grandmec,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I really appreciate your comments regarding the team at Le Méridien Nice. Customer care is our highest priority and I will ensure that your comments are shared with them. I was delighted to know that most of the team were welcoming and efficient without being over formal.
I will also share your comments with the roof top terrace café team - please accept my apologies regarding your experience there.
I am pleased to learn that you appreciated the upgrade to a deluxe room with a sea view. Our location is indeed fabulous with beautiful sea views yet being very close to the hustle and bustle of the old town and the pedestrian zone just around the corner.
Hoping that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
With my best regards,

Reviewed February 7, 2012

We had a pleasant stay in this hotel for 5 nights! The hotel's location is great, easy access to the old town and the catsle. We are very satisfied with the service as well; most staff are very friendly and efficient!

Room Tip: Top floor is with fantastic view, but there seemed to be some noise at night when it's windy out...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mihuang
meridiennice, General Manager at Le Meridien Nice, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Dear Mihuang,
Thank you for your delightful comments.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Le Méridien Nice and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future on a return trip to Nice, France.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 11 nights, for business.
At first, the front desk was really nice, as my luggage got lost, they asked if I needed anything such as toothbrush,... and delivered it to my room.
The front desk and restaurant area looks brand new and nice. My room was on the Starwood Preferred Guests floor and was really old and not convenient. The TV was really old and only had a couple of channels.
The room wasn't always done up properly...
My company paid for the hotel, taxes and breakfast, but when we left (we were 6), we had trouble as they wanted to cash the taxes, so we got into an argument until they found out that we were right.
The wifi is out of price, it's a proper rip-off, do not pay for it! It should be included in the room prices! I didn't pay for it, I used to go to the restaurant and get the free wifi from McDonald's.
If you wanna have a calm drink, don't go to the restaurant, the staff were quite a few times, sat at tables with customers/friends, and making a lot of noise! It's just horrible.
Before going, I read about the heated roof-top pool, well there is one, open from something like 10am to about 5pm, so if you are there for business, forget about it... The same applies to the roof-top restaurant, which is a shame since the view is great!
Definitely not worth the money! Divide the price by 2 and maybe I could eventually recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Philie4u
meridiennice, General Manager at Le Meridien Nice, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Dear Philie4u
Firstly, may I thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
I was glad to read that our reception team looked after you after the loss of your luggage.
However, I am sorry that you didn't find the SPG floor convenient and that the flat screen TV wasn't to your liking.
We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the issue with the team and hope that this did not impact your stay and the possibility of returning back to the hotel.
Thank you again for your comments.