“Unpleasant Stay and Rooms Need Renovation”
Review of Le Meridien Nice

Le Meridien Nice
Ranked #82 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This hotel doesn't fit the Starwood Hotel profile and should be removed. The room we had was dirty, the air-conditioning blew warm air and the hotel front desk is non-responsive to guest concerns from those mentioned above to a dog that barked for 3 days straight when the dog owners were out of their hotel room. Even the hotel evening crew that checked the hallways were unhappy about the dogs continuous barking. This hotel needs a lesson in customer service.

Room Tip: Dont' attempt to stay here; better hotels elsewhere.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank checkercab
meridiennice, General Manager at Le Meridien Nice, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Dear checkercab,
Thank you for taking the time to include your review on the trip advisor web site!
The classic room in which you stayed, as all other classic rooms, has been totally refreshed at the beginning of this year and I can assure you that they are cleaned on a daily basis.
May I apologize for the fact that you find the air-conditioning lowest temperature of 18°c too high.
Our security staff spoke with the guest who had left his dog alone in the room after receiving your complaint about a barking dog and the latter wasn't left alone again.
We really do put a lot of emphasis and training in customer service and only hope that you will return in order to experience renewal in this area too.

Pablo Bandala

Write a ReviewReviews (2,177)

Reviewed August 14, 2011

The location of the hotel is perfect , right along the Promenade Des Angelais , ovelooking the beach and surrounded by restaurnats and shopping places. Even one of the Hop on hop off (city tour) drop off points is located next to the hotel. I had read very mixed reviews of the hotel before booking , but must confess apart from the steep price (include a steep one to use the private beach ) , everything else about the hotel was extremely pleasant. It has a great rooftop restaurant overlooking the Nice sealine , courteous staff and decent sized rooms (the one that I stayed in had a balcony overlooking the ocean). Also has a Mcdonalds on the ground floor which is open 24 hours

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Anuj-nangia,
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review!
I am sincerely happy to learn how delighted you were with your stay.
Thank you also for your special mention about the courteous staff and you can rest assured that I will personally share your comments with them shortly.
Our hotel is indeed a perfect choice, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, lying in central Nice and just a stone's throw away from both the pedestrian zone and the old town.
I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again to Le Méridien Nice.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the a couple of days before our cruise was sailing. We had a corner sea view room overlooking the sea and the park and it was wonderful. We booked just a sea view and wound up with this great room. The front desk people were very helpful. Would defin stay here again if we were in the area

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
meridiennice, General Manager at Le Meridien Nice, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Dear mnk910
Thank you for this great review! I was sincerely happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us before sailing away on a cruise.
Our sea view rooms are indeed amazing and I will be very pleased to share your praises regarding the staff attitude.
Very much looking forward to your return stay.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

We recently stayed for 4 nights in a junior suite at the hotel.

My wife and I had an immensely enjoyable and relaxing stay. Our room overlooked the ocean and the balcony was huge allowing us to relax in comfort.

The bathroom was well placed so that you could see the sea from the bath which was a fantastic experience for us. This was also the case with the bed so you woke up to sunshine and blue seas which was fantastic.

We were staying for the first anniversary of our wedding and we organised room service for the night of our anniversary. George, the room service attendant/butler, was incredibly swift, helpful and polite along with his colleague.

We took several trips to various other areas and so had to ask reception questions about these trips. They were very helpful and attentive.

We also enjoyed breakfasts downstairs and were given very attentive service in particular by the maitre d'.

All in all, we had a lovely stay and it was a great way to celebrate our first anniversary.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear RichardB88
Thank you for posting your feedback following your recent stay at Le Méridien Nice.
I am so glad you appreciated the superb Junior Suite, the fabulous bathroom with the magnificent views and last but certainly not least, the helpful staff and very good services.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again - perhaps to celebrate your second wedding anniversary?!

Reviewed August 9, 2011

We booked a trip with Family and Friends traveling thru Athens, Greek islands, Paris, Nice and Italy. 2 families total of 8 people. I have to say we were most disappointed with Le Meridien Nice. Upon check in we were greeted with very rude staff and chalked it up to them having a bad day. Unfortunately, it continued throughout our stay and was felt by our friends as well. Mostly was the front desk staff...we figured they just had something against Americans. We did have an amazing gentleman, Bruno,help us while at the pool/restaurant area. He was great.
As for the rooms, 3 of the 4 were not the renovated rooms so didnt look anything like what they show in the pictures. Very old and outdated. Paint was peeling in some areas and the bathroom was in need of new paint and tile.
The fitness center was tiny and had very little equipment to use. In need of major remodel if they are going to really call it a fitness center.
Great Location but given the price, the quality and the service we would definitely stay somewhere different next time. Very sad as we had great experiences every where else we went and were disappointed that this is part of the Starwood group as it doesnt live up to their other properties.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Laurie M

Dear Laurie M,
Thank you for this review!
I am delighted to read your superb comments concerning your pool/restaurant experience with a special mention for the staff. However, was disappointed to learn that you did not have such an opinion of the rest of the team. In fact, emphasis is made on training in customer service and I can only hope that you will return in order to experience renewal in this area.
In fact, all the rooms are shown on Le Méridien Nice website and all the classic rooms, were refreshed at the beginning of this year. Perhaps a sea view room would meet your expectations, should you wish to return at a future date.
I do hope that you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience and that you will allow us another chance.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

First, the staff at this hotel should learn the Starwood membership rules. Platinum member will get upgraded to the best possible room (including Junior suite) at check-in time (if available). The response that I received at check-in was "You already received double room upgrade", and the room is tiny. Not able to even get a room with an ocean view. Status aside, I went down to the front desk to ask for some hot water and ice. The night manager response was "I don't have any hot water or ice, call room service". The last response I expect from a Catagory 5 hotel, instead of "Let me get room service for you". Another time I went down to ask for a bus schedule and got the quick "every 30 mins" response, I then asked for a printed schedule, that same night manager gave me a dirty look before going to the back room to print me a schedule. When I got the schedule, it clearly was not every 30 mins and it is different schedule depending on time of day and day of week. The bed in the room was very old, and the matress has a natural curve in it after many years of usage. I woke up with a sore back every morning. They are only rated catagory 5 because of its location. In my opinion, they are at best a catagory 3 hotel because the service sucks...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David N
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed for 5 nights. We booked an excutive room with a balcony with a sea view (7th floor). The view from the balcony is spectacular and the location is good. The room was not what we expected for over 500 euros per night - very poor value for money. Very basic and not particularly large.
One of the aspects fo the hotel that attracted us was the photos of the pool and roof top area - we never got to use it! Every time we went up there, all of the very limited number of sun loungers and seating were occupied or covered in towels and belongings preventing them being used. This was very disappoiting as the area seemed poorly managed and they seemed reluctant to remove towels and belongings from seats that were not being used.
We did include breakfast in our package and this was well worth it - the buffet breakfast is excellent but cost extra.
Overall we found the hotel to be a convenient location but very poor value for money. I would not pay these rates to stay there again. We felt ripped off. Front desk staff were miserable too.
Finally, the pool and the gym close very early which is very odd

Room Tip: dont pay what we paid for an excutive sea view room - not worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family