“great views and location”
Review of Hotel Negresco

Hotel Negresco
Ranked #18 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed June 22, 2014

this is 5 star splurge for me and was lucky enough to be bumped up to a junior suite on the 5 th floor with great views. this old school elegance ! blue beach across the the street is great place to eat and drink and suck up the riviera!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank kelekai
There are newer reviews for Hotel Negresco

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I have stayed in cheap and expensive hotels but have faced such incompetence and rudeness for the first time at Le Negresco, Nice, who claim to offer a Luxury Stay.

In this hotel anything you need, like an ironing board, the answer is always an aggressive NO! This is in addition to stained carpets, non functioning sockets and broken locks in the bathroom. My Mother and I had to charge all our devises in turns as only one socket behind the mini bar was working.

I was attacked for daring to complain at the reception and was told that even if I leave now they will charge me the price for the week. I was told that my dissatisfaction is only my perception and should show some respect to them.

I am only learning French and it is quite weak but as not weak as that of some people working here :-(

I have styed one night out of 7. I've booked and moved to Cannes to a better hotel.

This is the hotel that is capable of ruining your whole vacation :-(

Room Tip: don't stay here, you will be in tears :-(
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank Elena F
Direction_Negresco, Directeur général at Hotel Negresco, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Elena F,

Thank you for your review which describes some inconsistencies in one of our rooms. We were sad to read of your bedroom disappointment and have asked our housekeeper to review all that is mentioned in it as the highlighted items are most definitely not of our usual and agreed standards. We are sincerely sorry that this impacted your stay.

Here at the Negresco, as you can well imagine, we take special care about the staff we hire, and in particular our front desk who are in daily contact with our guests.The large majority of our employees have been with us for many years and their reputation for efficiency and professionalism can hardly be doubted. They are constantly trained to give the best service possible. Despite the fact that your reservation was not refundable our front desk has made a great gesture of goodwill for you.

Your trust is our priority and we look forward to serving you better.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for three nights in June. The location was excellent and only a short drive from the Nice airport. We stayed in a corner junior suite which was very spacious and had amazing views of the Promenade des Anglais and the Mediterranean. The staff was very helpful in checking us in early and escorting us to the room. The furnishings and decor are very opulent and you definitely feel like you are in the French Riviera. My only complaint is that the hair dryer in the room was the old attached to the wall kind so I was very happy I brought my own. They also do not permit clothes irons in the rooms so you must send everything to the hotel launderer to be pressed (for a fee). We were disappointed we weren't made aware of the missing iron when we checked in, as we only realized as we were getting ready for dinner our first night. This last minute realization left us no time to have anything pressed by the hotel so we were forced to wear wrinkled or alternate clothing. With spending $1000/night on a room, I'd expect a modern hair dryer and complimentary pressing.

The beach across from the hotel is very nice - but highly recommend water shoes for swimming as Nice beaches are all rocks.

Finally, highly recommend Le Chantecler for dinner. The service was excellent and the food delicious. Don't forget to save room for the extravagant multi-course dessert.

Overall we very much enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Negresco for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2014

On a balmy summer's evening in mid-June, I found myself wandering along the Promenade des Anglais.
Dominating the Nice Promenade is the famous Hotel Negresco.
The Hotel is a stunning example of the in your face belle epoque architecture made so famous in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
What better place to sit and watch the passing parade that in the Versailles Lounge.
The ambience was cool and refined with a hint of imperial luxury.
The extra dry chilled martini was superb.
A perfect end to the day and the beginning of the night!

Room Tip: The outdoor Promenade Versailles Lounge is a wonderful location to start the night
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Robert W,

Thank you very much for your comments and especially for highlighting the magnificent and unique art collection as well as the service you received from the Bar "Le Relais".

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is an excellent hotel. We had the Napaleon suite on the second floor. Wow! The sea views were breathtaking. The hotel is steeped in history and is a major point of interest in Nice. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: You pay for what you get. The hotel is not cheap but it is an experience.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank flysandy

Dear flysandy,

Thank you very much for making the Negresco Hotel as your hotel of choice when visiting Nice. We are very pleased to read that the suite you occupied has fully satisfied you. Indeed this suite has a magnificent panoramic view of the "Angels' Bay". It is decorated by many iconic symbols from the past emperor : Napoleon Bonaparte.

We are looking forward to your next visit in Nice.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I've now stayed at Le Negresco on 2 occasions. The second time around was just as fantastic as my first stay. The room was quite large & comfortable. The staff were very helpful. The view of the promenade & the Bay of Angels is an absolute picture. I look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe V
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We ate dinner at the Negresco on Maundy Thursday this year.The food was superb as well as the service.
The dining room staff were brilliant,professional, relaxed and chatty as well.
It was great value for money we will certainly go again

Room Tip: We didn't stay at the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family