Hotel Negresco
$289
$265
$218
2,676 results
All reviewsla rotondeart collectioniconic hotelmerry go roundcarousel horsesmichelin star restaurantsea viewleading hotels of the worldpublic areasluxury hotelfrench rivierahotel barprivate beachjunior suitebreakfast roomsouth of francecote d'azur
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We booked this hotel because we liked the location . This is indeed very good. The hotel is very grand. Main problem is that the rooms have not had any investment for years. Our room was on the 4th floor facing east towards the park and we could see the sea. Unfortunately there was pealing paint on the door to the bathroom. Also the bathroom floor was not completely clean. This would have been an excellent 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Direction_Negresco, Responsable commercial at Hotel Negresco, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear miker999_11,

Thank you for your comment. Please be assured that the hotel has undergone extensive renovations since 2010 and that we continue our improvements to the hotel. We have taken note of your complaint and will make sure to see to the necessary work.

We hope your next stay will be more to your satisfaction!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you want to stay in a museum with equally stuffy staff then this is the place for you. Not one member of staff has heard of the word 'friendly' or indeed 'pleasant'. Yes the building and contents are quite wonderful but the rooms are dated, tatty and inefficient.

We stayed for 3 nights to celebrate a 'big' birthday and had made a prior reservation in their restaurant for dinner. On arrival we were told our room was not ready (at 2.00pm - how long does it take to clean a room for goodness sake) and they did not have our diner reservation. All this took about 20 minutes or more during which time we were not offered so much as a glass of water - just basic manners forget 5 star hotel expectations.

My husband attempted breakfast one morning (a cup of green tea does me) as the experience in this noted hotel would be memorable. It was - total chaos. I have never in any 5 or lesser rated hotel for that matter - been witness to such a disorganised, untidy, and badly managed breakfast service. The room might well suit some eating functions but not a busy breakfast service - quite useless. We left and were surprised to have been charged - my husband accepted his coffee and bits at check out - I wouldn't have.

We cancelled our now resurrected dinner reservation if this was their standard and chose a wonderful little place in the atmospheric lanes of old Nice - marvellous. A late night drink in the hotel bar was called for - again to experience what this hotel could surely not get wrong. It was almost empty so we sat - a young lady brought over 2 large expansive menu's and walked away. Not a 'good evening', not a smile - nothing. We did the same - without a smile - and just left.

On returning one evening from a day out I stopped to buy some bottles of water - 'no need' says the man in the know - hotel of Negresco standard will replace the ones in the room. Big mistake -when I rang down to ask why - I was told the 2 small bottles in our room on arrival was a VIP gesture for the first night only! Speechless was the only reply I could think of.

We have stayed in some wonderful and not so wonderful hotels all over the world but this is by far the most over rated I have experienced. It is just so dated and I do suspect that the attitude of staff must stem from an unhappy ship. Leadership starts at the top - so whoever is running this place, roll up your short sleeves, get all the rooms and bathrooms updated and put a smile on the faces of your most important asset - the people who work with you.

We'll never go again, never recommend it and never get this time back again - total waste of money.

Rowy Buitekant

7  Thank Rowy B

Dear Mrs.Buitekant,

As we have alreday responded to you directly, we can only reiterate that we regret that your experience was a disappointment and that we have indeed made our staff aware of your impression.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel based on the reviews, among other things, on this website. I am blown away how this hotel is even in the top 10. The hotel lobby is AMAZING, the history here is gorgeous and the location is to be desired, HOWEVER, it stops right there. The owners need to put tens of millions into this hotel in my opinion for anyone to want to stay here. Our room had two twin beds pushed together with a very uncomofrtable crack in the center. The AC did not work and we went to bed sweaty. Then, our tub overflowed and my shaver shocked me and the power blew out. Needless to say, I went to the front desk and complained, they refunded my money for the next night, but in my opionion the stay should of been fully paid for. We had to pack up all of our belonings and moved to another hotel. My electric razor was shot, and our trip was impeeded by this hotels dilaplated room.

The manager did send a bottle of champagne to the hotel we moved to (they called and ensured their was availbility) so kudos for that, but i would not recomend staying here and anyone giving this place a vote is nuts. I have never had to move hotels in my life...

3  Thank prouss134439
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Although its location is good and the staff were all polite, it was not as good as I expected. The decration is indeed different from that of ordinary hotels, but I didn't like it much. The room we stayed was big, but we couldn't see outside through the window. What surprised us was that the water bottles (500 ml) in the fridge in the room cost 9 euros each! We drank two bottles so paid 18 euros for water the day we checked out. what a waste...

I'm satisfied that I could stay at the Nice's "icon" hotel, but I will neither stay here again nor recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SaOn720

Dear SaOn720,

We thank you for your comment. Indeed, we are sorry that you found that the water in the minibar is too expensive and we are little bit confused that you could not see through the window…

Feel free to contact us for further information : info@lenegresco.com

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Le Negresco. Wow, what an experience. I stayed there for 4 nights and loved every moment. I had a room on the 5th floor with a sea view. What a view! Yes the hotel is old, 100 years in fact. But, that's what I loved about it. The staff were very friendly and willing to help. The location of the hotel is perfect. Would love to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple