“Great location and great staff”

Villa Saint Exupery Beach
Ranked #2 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Nice
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights and had a really good time! Were in a busy room but it was clean and the beds were comfortable. All of the staff wanted to help by giving advice, directions and help whenever it was asked for; and if they didn't knoww something then they would find out for you. The breakfast selection was wide and was just what I needed in the morning. Went on the free tour and Emilie was fantastic, she was fun and told many stories and took us to the best places for photos and had so many recommendations and she really knew Nice well! I would recommend this to my friends for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Emilie made an effort to help everyone by asking people in the hostel if they needed directions or help. She was very active in assisting whoever happened to look a little clueless and she gave a great guided tour of the city!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Great hostel, often a good vibe in the bar though probably better during peak season.

Rooms were clean but bathroom in a 16 bed dorm was as one might expect! Go with flip flops and you'll be fine.

Nightly pasta was good and the staff are lovely- friendly and clearly into the backpacker life.

We took a walking tour with Emilie - highly recommended and a great way to kick off our week. Great explanations and tips and solid knowledge that served us well during the week.

Careful of the laundry - they dropped bleach on my girlfriends vest top and no remediation, just an offer to take it up with the manager which we didn't bother with.

All in all, awesome location, friendly and knowledgeable staff, comfy beds - well recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed here 5 nights in April in a 6 bed dorm. The beds were comfortable, location was great, and the beer/ pasta dinner deal was great but I found it too large and impersonal- more like a hotel than a hostel. The numerous large school groups staying as well probably didn't help; and the fact that they took over the common room ( and the bar for some dinner one night) made it difficult to meet others. If you are part of a group not a bad place to stay, but if your a solo traveller looking to meet people I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Its kind of a contrast that right now, sitting in Hotel de Paris-Monte Carlo, I am writing a review for a special hotel/hostel Villa Saint Exupery Beach. I was reading the reviews of this place and became curious to learn about Emily's amazing walking tour of Nice and the magnificent behavior of all the staffs! I travelled 64 countries and stayed with all the big 5, 6 and 7 star chain hotels. I wanted to see it for my self whether the reviews were accurate. Though I have friends renting 3 apartments to stay in Nice and Monte Carlo for free, I checked in the hostel for a night just to try the hospitality! And there it goes!....I have become their regular client since then!! It is not a luxury place (but the best you can get for the amount of money charged). If you are looking for human qualities, customer service excellence, cleanliness, A sauna and Gym in a hostel, warm welcome, smiling faces from dawn to dusk and relentless endeavor to improve you quality of holiday and leisure, THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE IN NICE TO BE. Frankly speaking, I live in Switzerland and I come to Nice not to visit Nice but to visit the wonderful hotel stuffs who make my days so fulfilled with joy. To me this Villa is a supermarket of happiness. I loved the philosophy behind the name of the Villa. Try to get to know it if you are boarding there. And if you are looking for a place to stay in Nice, look no further. This is the best one you can get for the value. I convey my special thanks to Phillip, Emily, Marta, Lin, Kate, Dani, Christian, John and all the other staffs and the owner Mr. Ulf (the visionary man behind the creation of such a wonderful place). I am deeply touched by the helping attitude and customer excellence of all the staff member. So long I visit Nice, I will always come back here even I have places to stay around for free! But for those who like to be in a very quite/lonely atmosphere and avoid a lively -happening surrounding, avoid making friendship with multi cultural travelers, might be advised to book a hotel with private room service. This villa is for people who loves life and find happiness in mingling with people of all ages starting from 7 years old to 81 years old.

Room Tip: I loved the room 105 the most :)
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Razee L
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I came to Nice to visit my Godfather. When he kicked me out, I was not sure what to do, and was lost because I did not speak French. I found this Hostel, and they quickly got me a room, the whole staff spoke English, everyone's nice, and the hostel itself was amazing. They also give good information through Emily's tour. Lin, Phil, Lin, Kate, Dani, Christian, and John are amazing also.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Grannystylebitxh
Villa Saint E, Manager at Villa Saint Exupery Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Greetings from Villa St Exupery.

Thankyou very much for taking time to write your review of our hostel. It's really great to read such nice words and thanks. It's really nice to know that we were able to help you out when you needed it, and it was a real pleasure to have you stay with us at the Villa St Exupery Beach. Good to know you found the time to try our free city tour. We beleive we are the only hostel in Nice to offer such a service to guests.
We wish you all the best in you future endeavours, and it would be great to see you again in the future should you decide to visit you Godfather again.

Many thanks from all the team at Villa St Exupery.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Phil went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable. For example, when I mentioned there weren't enough outlets for my electronics, he immediately brought extra outlets to my room. He and the staff were exceptionally receptive to any concerns I had.

Emily's walking tour is impressive! I enjoyed the fascinating stories she told about French history, and she even held the group in suspense before revealing the story's resolution. She puts a lot of thought and care into her tour, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Best location! Favorite hostel!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ashley C
Villa Saint E, Manager at Villa Saint Exupery Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Greetings from the Villa St Exupery team.

Thankyou very much for taking time to write your review of our hostel and for the kind words you left for us. It's a real pleasure for us to read that our guests have had an enjoyable and pleasant stay. We see you liked our city tour, we beleive we are the only hostel in Nice to offer guests a free city tour.
We see you gave us 5 out of 5 for our service. Going that liitle bit further in helping our guests were we can, is built into our hostel philosophy. But not only that, our staff are people who find satisfaction in helping others, so they're ideal people to be working here at Villa St Exupery.
We hope to see you again if you ever decide to come and visit Nice once again. From all the team at Villa St Exupery Beach.