“New hotel with great staff. Poor wi-fi...”
Review of Hipark Nice

Hipark Nice
Ranked #76 of 205 Hotels in Nice
Brazil
“New hotel with great staff. Poor wi-fi...”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

The hotel is new and well maintained. The staff is very helpful and friendly. As it was my first visit to Nice, and my French is below the minimum required, I made much use of the tips people at the front desk. The hotel is located in a tourist region nothing but has a mall across the street to McDonald's and Carrefour (French Wal-Mart). It can be a little dangerous to walk alone at night. The train station is a 5 minute walk. From the hotel to the beach is 30 minutes walk, passing by Piazza Garibaldi, which is beautiful and has several restaurants. The breakfast is satisfactory, with varied choices of cheeses and breads. The wi-fi did not work, because my room was located in "limbo" between two routers located in the hallway ... and the signal did not reach any of them. To navigate, I needed to move me to the bedroom door. Terrible. The room was spacious, clean and had a balcony, but who likes to watch TV in bed will not appreciate the fact that the only TV was in a sort of living room with a sofa. The bath, "European" design, has no curtains or glass door ... a simple bath is enough to flood the entire bathroom floor.

Room Tip: The suite is very spacious, while the standard rooms are tight. Depending on the availability, the h...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Julie D, Gérant at Hipark Nice, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear guest,
Words cannot describe how thankful we are for your beautiful comments! It was a treat to read your excellent remarks, and please be assured that we have shared them with our dedicated teams
We take pride in our proposed services and products, but nothing could make us happier than to hear great compliments for our team and the services we provide to our guests.
We hope to see you again soon and please do not hesitate to contact us before your future visit in Nice or any of our other residences in France.
Frederic ROUSSEL / General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed here with my mom on 1 June for a night. Made the confirmation via booking.com for around EUR110 per night for a studio about 2 weeks prior to my arrival. I chose this hotel in Nice because I had wanted a hotel that was near train station Riquier as I also wanted to take the train to visit Cannes. Train station Riquier is quieter and less crowded that station Nice-vielle.

In terms of location, there are at least 3 ways to get to the hotel:
(1) the hotel is only a few blocks away from tram station Acropolis. You can first take bus no 98 from the airport arrivals (the bus station bay is right across the road outside the airport arrivals, costs Eur6 per way per pax which you can buy on the spot) and alight along the way to the tram station (ask the driver where to alight to switch to the nearest tram station which unfortunately is not Acropolis) and proceed in the direction of Acropolis. You can buy the tram tickets from the vending machines on the spot either with coins or credit card. Each tram ticket is EUR1.50 but for 10 passes, it only costs EUR10. From Acropolis tram station, it should only take you only 5 mins to walk over to the hotel but you have to have a map ready to navigate to the hotel as it is not a straight path. Look out for Carrefour as the hotel is just right opposite. The whole bus + tram journey might take about 60-90mins depending on traffic conditions.

(2) If you do not want to change over to the tram station, you should verify with the bus driver of bus 98 that the last stop is right outside Riquier train station. From Riquier train station, you should prepare a map ready to walk over to the hotel (not a straight path unfortunately). Hipark Hotel is a 10-15min walk away from Riquier train station. Look out for Carrefour as the hotel is just right opposite. The whole bus journey might take about 60plus mins depending on traffic conditions.

(3) Another option to consider would be a cab from the airport which would take about UR35-40 to reach the hotel. The whole journey might take about 45-60mins, depending on traffic conditions.

As I had booked a studio, I was not expecting much. Nonetheless, the room is rather spacious, furnished with a modern look, has a small kitchenette with a microwave, dish-washer, hot water kettle, utensils and plates. Overall it is clean and bright.

There was a flatscreen TV, table and to get the wifi password, you have to turn the TV on and it took me a while to use the remote control to get to my messages with the wifi log-in and password.

The bed, oddly, was actually a sofabed and was already pulled out. The mattress was rather thick so I was okay with it. And because I was only staying for a night, I did not see the point to make a fuss. But I did wonder why the hotel did not put in a proper bed.

Hipark has a small swimming pool on the top level but I did not use it as I still found the weather quite cold. I also did not pay for their breakfast package as there are many cafes/ grocery shops along the tram line.

The service was not really what I expected:
(i)I had asked the front guest to confirm that I could take a train from Riquier train staion (which was 10-15mins walk away) to get to Cannes. The lady said she wasn’t sure and asked her colleague who said there were no trains from Riquier train station to Cannes. This was very odd. They also did not offer to check the internet nor give me a number to call to verify the information. Regardless, I made my own way to Riquier train station and there ARE hourly trains that got me to Cannes.

(ii) The hot kettle was leaking and after I called housekeeping to inform them, they said someone would be at my room but no one came eventually. Because I was only staying a night, I did not bother to call them again.

Overall, for the price of the studio with a sofabed and the service, I would say this hotel stay was average for me and my mom i.e. it has met all my basic expectations of being clean, safe and reasonably well-located, hence 3 out of 5 stars; but I would not say that my stay was "very good".

There are other hotels in the vicinity one can explore, including Relais D’ Acropolis, Espirit d’ Azur, Hotel Ibis Nice Palais des Congres and Commodore Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank WP K
Julie D, Gérant at Hipark Nice, responded to this review, June 19, 2014

"
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Nice hotel both for business and vacation purposes.
I got the standard apartment room and it was big, with a living room with sofa, dining table, small kitchen with fridge and cooktop, and a bedroom with king bed, plus a nice bathroom.
I heard that the studio room does not have bed, but a sofa bed.
Room is very well decorated, furniture is new and well maintained.
Location is also awsome. 4 blocks from the Acropolis convention center (I was in a conference) and in front of a Carrefour, Drugstore and a mall.
The only thing is that the cleaning is just every couple of days, because the hotel is probably focused on long stay situations. Not a problem for me.
Breakfast is ok, not spetacular. Service is also Ok, not awsome.
The only real problem for me was the wifi connection, that was horrible in the room.

Room Tip: I got the 102 room, in the corner of the floor, far from elevator and noise, but with poor wireless...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank RafaelGrottoli
Julie D, Gérant at Hipark Nice, responded to this review, June 17, 2014

"
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I spent two nights in this hotel, which is close to the acropolis, and about 15 min walking from the old city. For me the location was good, and there was an easy connection with the bus from the airport. The price was fine as well.

The reception was very friendly, but slow (I was on business, not holidays, and 15 min checking in is just too slow...).

The room was actually a studio, which was large, with a decent bathroom (only the shower was too low).

However, my main complaints are firstly the bed, which was in fact a sofa bed, which just does not sleep very comfortably. Secondly, the wifi was terrible, impossible to get real work done. For me, this are the two of the main components of a good hotel stay... I will not stay there again...

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Julie D, Gérant at Hipark Nice, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you.
We strive everyday to create special experiences to our guests and I am truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. I would like to apologise for the shortcomings that you have encountered with us. Please be assured that this is not indicative of our usual standards.
Frederic ROUSSEL / General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Nice hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed for five nights at this great Apart hotel in Nice, We catered for ourselves or ate out but the studio apartment we stayed in was clean and the sofa bed very comfortable. A downside was the small size of the roof top swimming pool - but get there early on in the day to grab a sunbathing spot or have a quick dip in the pool. There is only wifi in the lobby but this is free to use, it is air conditioned and very pleasant there. We were lucky to have received a reduced rate for this hotel through my partners company - otherwise it might have seemed expensive for what it was.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah P
Sincerely, "
Beek, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed in the hotel for few days for business. Price is certainly too high for what is offered. I will not complaint about the breakfast, that you know in France.

I do complaint about the fact that when you're at the reception and employee at the reception receives a Phone call, you have to wait. This happened 2 times to me and one time I even had to wait for 2 Phone calls, people queueing up behind me. The lady told me this was a procedure she had to follow from her manager.

While checking out I wanted my company's name to be printed on the invoice (receive tax back). That was not possible that moment, had to be approved by the god almighty manager. The clerk made a note to send it to me via e-mail. Guess what? I had ask for it again. And guess what? My company's name was not on the invoice. Not really a customer friendly hotel.

The bed I slept on was a couch.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Raymond F
We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you.
I just remind you that the person on a phone can't see that there is a lot of people instead of you directly on spot. This is why, the priority is the telephone.
And concerning your request about the invoice name of the company, if your request was made on arrival, there wasn't some problem during your check out. Receptionnist don't need my acceptation to make a special invoice with company name.
Sincerely"
Frederic ROUSSEL / Hotel Manager
Rio de Janeiro , Brazil
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Save your money and move to your next choice. Defnetly not worth what they chage! Change of linen just once a week for a stay of a week or more, and you only know this at your arrival. Small breakfast room which gets overcrowded and servive not as speedy as it should be! Buy yourself a soap bar and a shampoo on supermarket in front. You ll need it since you only get a mall soap once a week. Internet? Wi-Fi? Forget it! So far it is taking them 5 days to fix it and not a word, no explanation, no dates, no perspectives given. They just say they have a big problem. And NO internet al all for 5 days. Can anyone believe that in 2014, in EU, it may take 5 days to fix ANY problem on WI-FI? So folks, Save your money. The place is not worth what they charge. Not even half of it!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends