“Good Nicois food - Great Christmas Lunch!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nice
Brasserie Restaurant de l'Union
Ranked #107 of 205 Hotels in Nice
Gullane, United Kingdom
“Good Nicois food - Great Christmas Lunch!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We have eaten at L'Union several times, and quite liked it, but never raved about it. At Christmas, we were keen to find a restaurant for the whole family that was open at lunch time, and decided to give it a try. They came up trumps, with an excellent meal at a very reasonable price. Their pate de foie gras was superb - a huge helping, and their confit d'agneau excellent - even if the helpings were on the large side - well, it was Christmas Day! My son loved the boar casserole, and the dessert was a picture - 5 little desserts, all delicious. Wine prices were very reasonable, as was the whole meal - 30 euros on Christmas Day, and the didn't charge a cent for our 5 year old grandson. Service was both polite and helpful. Well done, L'Union - I'm sure we'll be back

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ericmyra

Solo
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I were visiting Nice, looking for a good place for dinner. We happened upon this place and were so pleased that we did! The staff made room for us, on a night with a full restaurant and the service was terrific. The waitress who served us spoke a little English and we tried our best in French. The menu is all French and taking a chance, we started with a combination plate of several appetizers... Tapenade, stuffed tomatoes, etc. and we were not disappointed. For our main couse, my husband ordered the carbonnara, which was HUGE - easily enough for two people - he simply couldn't finish. I had the ravioli with a truffle cream sauce - oh my, it was to die for! To finish, we shared a selection of mini desserts. The prices we very good, an excellent value. Our bill, including a glass of wine each, was only 55 euros. In the end, it was a wonderful evening with a great atmosphere and friendly service. I would highly recommend this fantastic find!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suzanne Y
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We were staying with friends in Nice and wanted to take them for a meal to thank them for their hospitality. This was the restaurant they recommended. We were warmly welcomed by the staff and taken to a table on a lovely covered outdoor terrace. The staff were attentive and helpful. The set menu was a reasonable price, with a good choice, and we all found something we liked/wanted to try. I started with a platter of local specialities, followed by delicious gnocchi in creamy herb sauce. Always one for a dessert, the big new taste for me was the Tarte de Blettes, which is made with Swiss Chard. It seems to be a love or hate, and I loved it. Will definitely be trying the recipe soon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family