“Better than any roast I've ever had in England!”
Review of La Rossettisserie

La Rossettisserie
Ranked #53 of 1,936 Restaurants in Nice
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Neighborhood: Old Town / Vieux Nice
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than any roast I've ever had in England!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We booked a table here (you have to book even for a table for 2) without even realising it was a restaurant serving only roasts! It served 5 types, chicken, pork, beef, lamb and if you are feeling adventurous, veal.
Not an odd concept if you are from the uk, but I have never seen it in France.
You also get a choice of mash, roast potatoes or ratatouille with the meat. I had pork, my partner had beef. Both meats were incredible, so beautifully cooked. The beef would have put most English chefs to shame, cooked rare of course (for most, I did overhear the table behind explaining to the waitress that in England we don't like our meat rare! You are wrong sir! Beef should be rare at most!)
The ratatouille was gorgeous and complimented the pork very well.

Price was good too, roasts were 13E each, very very good for nice old town.

Within the array of scabby and overpriced restaurants in the old town this is an absolute gem!

• Visited October 2013

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Superb food and good service for us”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Very good food on our visit but they had sold out of the dish of the day, a ham. The key seems to be to visit early to avoid disappointment.

The chicken was wonderful, juicy and perfectly cooked. Lamb my wife had was excellent.

Mash, roast potatoes and ratatouille all good.

Visited September 2013
Cumbria
“Consistent good quality food and service”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant for the first time in 2010 and decided to revisit for three consecutive nights during our recent stay in Nice. The food is still delicious and is still reasonably priced. The service is great. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to have a traditional french cuisine in a friendly, intimate atmosphere. You can check the menus on the restaurant website - I recommend that you make a reservation though otherwise you may not get a table. You can make an online booking.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Eternaloptimist58
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service in Nice!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had a great meal at Rossettiserie and ended up eating 3 meals there over the course of over a week. The roasts were great, especially the chicken and lamb and the ratatouille accompaniment (or mashed potato).

The staff were very friendly and accommodating which was an added bonus. The restaurant has a nice rustic decor and they play nice jazzy music in the background.

Look out too for the daily specials - We had the spicy lamb sausage one day and on another day, Jo (one of the owners) kept and offered me a complimentatry serving of the Lamb Farcis (stuffed lamb) because I had mentioned i had missed ordering it on an earlier visit. That was certainly a bonus and testament to their great, friendly customer service.

We will certainly be back to visit this reaturant next year!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank vince3700
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average food and bad service”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I feel that my dinner was prepared was not fresh made, was prep day before. My waitress was not friendly at all.

• Visited September 2013