“Rude”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Rude”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The service was really rude. Agressive, ignorant and even a bit hostile to some other guests. Food was okay, but nothing more. And considered the prices, value is pretty poor at best. The ice tea for instance was €4,50. Just walk past.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank appelkaas

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Standard tourist fare and a tad chaotic”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Big plates of pasta.....I needed to season it myself although there was plenty of shell fish in the special.....the shami sushi was lightly smoked salmon and again lacked flavour.....Local wine a fine choice as its all palatable......we left full, happy but uninspired by the service given the slightest request seemed to confuse or seem a hindrance.....won't be going back and more expensive than rival tourist spots that do a much better job......

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Steve R
Vancouver, Canada
“TOURIST TRAP STAY FAR AWAY”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were walking back to our hotel when my mom spotted this restaurant that had alot of customers out on the patio. I was reluctant to sit and eat at this restaurant because it was clear that a majority of the customers were tourists. Unfortunately, the blonde hostess quickly spotted us and led my mom to a table even though I was extremely unwilling. She mentioned that their menu was in multiple languages (greater than 3) which set off an alarm in my head cause that typically means it caters towards tourists. My mom and dad told me to give it a try so I reluctantly sat down. The waiter was fluent in English which was nice but confirmed my suspicions. At first, the service was okay but it went downhill from there.

Long story short, when we got the bill, they overcharged us for items that we never ordered but which they justified we did. That was a complete lie straight to our faces. They thought that because I was Asian I couldn't read French even though I've had 5 years of French training in speaking and reading. Three of us ordered the set menu and my mother ordered one dish. Thus, we clearly knew the price of our meal. The waiter gave us a receipt that charged for two extra items that were written in French (to confuse tourists and thus verifying my suspicions that this was indeed a trap). The waiter even insisted that it was our fault and that we didn't order from the set menu and thus charged us for 2 extra expensive items. This is completely unacceptable and unprofessional. After arguing, he then gave us another receipt that was 10 euros more expensive than the previous. Again, we argued and he finally brought us the correct total.

He then took my father's credit card and swiped it multiple times quickly so that the card didn't have time to process and thus was rejected each time. He did this 4 times to make us look bad as if my father couldn't afford the meal and that we were trying to get a free dinner. My father proceeded to pull out his Infinite card and then it finally went through.

The waiter even had the nerve to ASK for tips after all this hassle. Europe has all their tips already INCLUDED in the price of the food. They clearly thought we had no idea about how European culture worked. They tried to take advantage of us for Euros that they could have earned from honest work.

Food was expensive for it's poor quality.

Conclusion: STAY AWAY IF YOU SPEAK ENGLISH AND CAN'T UNDERSTAND OR READ FRENCH. NOT WORTH YOUR TIME OR MONEY. I will NEVER be back.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Andy W
“Great location”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Had a meal here after the Grand Prix, friendly staff and great location sitting in the evening sun
Would recommend the chefs tapas and great pizza
Will certainly come back again

Visited May 2013
Tampa
“The Entrance to the Flower Market”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

An ideal location to sit and enjoy a nice lunch, some wine and converse with the staff and owner. A tip off is when you see locals gather at a restaurant, like at Atmosphere Cafe. Mussels were superb and so was the goat cheese salad. Some inexpensive red wine and chatting in broken French and English was a delight. It wasn't expensive, it wasn't great, but it was good.

Visited April 2013