“Loved it!”

Ranked #151 of 1,974 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre
Description: Alounak is where Vegetarians and Non Vegetarians can happily share their table to please their palate!Menu Vegetarian & Mediterranean,also Seafood & Meat! pleas check always with phone or visit our website for opening time!Thanks
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our favorite dinner in Nice was at Alounak, a vegetarian restaurant, although we are not vegans (menu has plenty of meat options, too). But, because of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to get some exercise and walked from the Promenade des Anglais to this wonderful place. My husband and I both had the vegetarian special, and all our dishes were excellent, some of the best we've ever tasted, with the finest ingredients. Husband had the eggplant appetizer and tajine vegetables over rice for his entree; and I had the hummus appetizer and ratatouille and potato entree. For dessert we had lovely mint tea to go with the delicious pastries and chef surprise of strawberries with creme topping. The owner was very personable, with great stories and philosophy about life. We also enjoyed the ambiance, decor, and music, making the meal a total immersion experience. Note, for those who don't want to walk, the tram is only a block away.

2  Thank DeeFry

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We ate at Alounak accidentally, as it was next door to our hotel. We had a delightful evening, enjoying the calm and philosophical approach to food and life shared by the owner. We ordered 2 of the vegetarian dishes ( ratatouille and Turin vegetables) then the strawberries in a saffron sauce with a mint tea. It was an excellent meal, with subtle flavours, and lots of interesting conversation. We thoroughly recommend it to vegetarians and non- vegetarians alike.

3  Thank Barbara R
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I visited the restaurant with my partner during a week in Nice. The food was excellent, the ambiance was good and the owner got the balance right between polite, attentive service and friendly conversation. It was clear that he really cared about his restaurant and the food he served.

The menu contains vegan and vegetarian options as well as meat dishes, which was great for us because my partner is vegan and it meant she and I were both spoiled for choice. I highly recommend eating here whatever your culinary persuasion.

Alounak stood out from other places we ate at during our stay and is definitely worth seeking out if you are looking for a memorable meal.

3  Thank JFWilkes
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I came here with my fiancé, I prefer vegetarian food and she is not a vegetarian. It was nice that we could both have what we preferred, in one restaurant. We were both pleased with our meals and the owner is pleasant and nice to converse with. We went in for a quick bite and ended up staying for several hours. Both the green tea and Persian tea are delicious as well as the desserts . Thanks for a great meal and time!

4  Thank alexcgri
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

This place was amazing from the moment we walked in to the moment we left! Great vibe, amazing and fun service, food is INCREDIBLE! Even if you are not vegetarian get the vegetarian dishes ... The meat is great too but the vegetarian is just something else! Best food I've ever tasted! We got free tea, nuts, biccies. This is a must and close to most hotels! Loved it! Keep it up Alounak! Sorry we ate all your chutney ;) just had to keep you busy some how! :)

5  Thank becjvallee