“Best Veg Restaurant So Far in Our Trip to NICE!”
Review of Alounak Restaurant

Alounak Restaurant
Ranked #144 of 1,946 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre
Description: Alounak is where Vegetarians and Non Vegetarians can happily share their table to please their palate!Menu Vegetarian & Mediterranean,also Seafood & Meat! pleas check always with phone or visit our website for opening time!Thanks
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was a very good experience for me and my partner, as I am vegan and find it difficult to get tasty, non meat/dairy/egg foods. The menu was varied, lovely hummus and tagine potatoes. Very friendly, informative and accommodating staff. We got a one-to-one lesson and sample of Saffron and learned a great deal about herbs and spices from the Persian proprietor.
Ice-cream was excellent, pistachio and saffron. And beautiful fresh, mint tea.
So far, the best vegetarian accommodating restaurant we have tried in Nice.

2  Thank rht321
There are newer reviews for Alounak Restaurant

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Finally me and my husband have found a restaurant where we can each eat our favourite plate, I am vegetarian but my husband isn’t, we will come back soon, this time with our friands!!!

1  Thank sara b
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice and cosy, just off the main road. For a place that specialises in vegetarian they do meat very well too! Plus the very friendly owner, gave me free dips and even a drink to help with digestion.

Very personable, friendly and great food too!

2  Thank Mattylovell
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The owner / chef is vegetarian and as a vegan he made me feel very welcome and reassured that my food would be handled and cooked separately from that of meat eaters. I went with someone who eats meat and it is nice that we could both eat our choice of food. The food is North African and delicious, the owner takes a real pride in his restaurant and it makes for a lovely relaxed visit. Nothing is too much trouble for him, and on both visits he brought extras that were not on the menu. It is close to the main train station so a handy location.

3  Thank Anne2518
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The waiter was extremely helpful and fun.
The vegetarian food was excellent.
We would come back to this restaurant if we visit Nice again.

1  Thank JRBEE