“Simply wonderful”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were directed to this tiny restaurant by the owner of a wine shop at the end of Cours Saleya when I asked what place he would recommend for our last night in Nice. Good choice. The best meal with the most welcoming people and perfect wine suggested by the sommelier, who happens to be the wife of the chef, and co-owner. Agneau au lait, risotto frutti de mare, both superb. A perfect last evening.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Unfortunately we did not discover this excellent restaurant until the last few days of our 3 weeks in Nice, but after one visit we went back again and will be sure to return on our next trip to Nice.

The food is excellent and great value for money. The menu is not long but there is enough variety and there are daily specials. The baked cheese entree was plenty big enough to share and the main courses were also generous. My St. Pierre in a red wine sauce was unique and delicious, as was my wife's baked cod.

We found the wine very well priced with a modest Burgundy Pinot Noir at 27E versus the 32E we paid for the same wine at other places. The service is friendly, courteous and attentive. On our first visit most tables were reserved but we managed to get in.

Good quality food expertly cooked at reasonable prices, with excellent service. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We sat at the table and ordered a bottle of vine and an appetiser. A moment later we saw at the next table some appetisers that were not offered to us. We asked about it and were told that we could not change our order in a harsh tone. We suggested that he use a different tone (to the person who claimed to be the owner) and he said he did not need any advice from us about how to treat his customers. The fact was that my spouse is a consultant on customer satisfaction! We said we would have the other food we ordered as well (essentially a plate of cold cuts which would not go bad anyway) but we wanted to try the food on the other table. The man said he did not want to serve us. So we left. Well, I don't care about the food in such a place as long as I cannot have a decent service. Food, I cook as well. Plus all he was serving was a plate of cold cuts!

2  Thank sgist
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had a couple of tapas, main courses and wine. The food were good and tasted homemade. I recommend to go for the pata negra if they have it when you are there. Restaurant decor is warm and cozy. The menu is written on a blackboard which adds to the restaurant's rustic feeling. Location is fantanstic as it is in Old Nice but slightly off the touristy main square and it is surprisingly quiet.

The stand out of this place was really the service. The staff were friendly and patient enough to go through each menu item with us (we do not read french well). Dinner service is prompt. The only minor bump is the wine selection, while decent, I would thought that there will be alot more variety. Other than that, we had a good dinner and would recommend the place for a no fuss dinner.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The earlier comments were right. The food is good, the wines delightful and the service prompt n friendly. I must say the fish soup and the grilled black pork from spain courses were outstanding. We are happy