“Average Nicois Cuisine in Old Nice”
Review of Nissa Socca - CLOSED

Nissa Socca
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Old Town / Vieux Nice
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I ate here on a busy Saturday night in August, so I did not expect much in terms of service. And, reality matched my expectations. Service was slow and intermittent, although the waiter was friendly when he was present. Also, it helped that I speak French very well, because I saw how difficult it was for others around my table who didn't.

The food was good though nothing extraordinary. We shared the assortment platter to start, which had a nice variety of nicois cuisine. Unfortunately, the socca -- the typical snack, and the part of the restaurant's name! -- was greasy and without much flavour. The daube was tasty, but unfortunately it was paired with gnocchi that had the consistency of rubber.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Waitress was horrible,she didn't say a single word of thanks after the meal and literally threw the change into my hands.
Food was average.definitely many other restos which are better in Nice. Hence, avoid at all cost!!!!

1  Thank leslieyeoqifu
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Ate here on recommendation from the Rick Steve's travel guide. Sat outside. Not a bad meal, but nothing special. Had salmon ravioli and the lasagna; lasagna was better than the ravioli.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I walked into this restaurant without any expectations (always a good thing) because my young daughter pulled me inside. She made a good choice for us. I order fish soup and was surprised when it came in a bowl big enough to serve two or three people (10 euros). My daughter was very happy with her pasta (8 euros). Thus, 18 euros later, we were both happy and full (we paid much more for our other meals on this trip). Definitely a positive experience.

1  Thank OldriskaB
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Greasy socca, helpful waitress who spoke English, decent house wine.