“Had a blast!”

French Riviera Segway Tour: Nice to Villefranche-sur-Mer
Ranked #7 of 108 Tours in Nice
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A sensational way to explore Nice is on a Segway tour. The Segway is a self-balanced, personal transportation device that has been designed to operate in any pedestrian environment. It goes anywhere people go. An ideal moment to relax and to discover a new way to moove! Our Segway certifed instructors are training and managing the group. City tours: Nice Decouverte 1H00: Promenade des Anglais , old town, gardens, Massena Square Nice Grand Tour 2H00: Promenade des Anglais , old town, Garibaldi square, Castle hill (top speed 20km/h + amazing panorama), Rauba Capeu, Massena Square, gardens Nice/Villefranche-sur Mer : A 15km/3h trip from Nice to Villefranche-sur Mer, along the sea, and enjoying the wonderfull panorama, to arrive after in the old town of the most beautiful village of the French Riviera.
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was our first experience on a Segway. Bern was our guide and he was good at getting us started. None of us had problems, but I could imagine it could be a little tricky for some. He gave individual instruction for each person to make sure they could handle basic maneuvers, so the quicker he can get through the instruction, the sooner all of us can get started with the tour. Since we went at the end of September, I imagine tourist season is over and the big crowds are gone, so I wonder how easy it is to guide a group of Segway newbies through the narrow paths of Nice... but in our case, it was no problem. There was one close call when a guy with his dog stepped our of his building very suddenly, but fortunately, there was no injury (just a scared dog). We took the hour tour, got to see some good sights, and had fun at the same time. It was the best money we spent while in Nice!

There are newer reviews for Segway Mobilboard Nice

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The tour (2 hour Grand Tour) hosted by Frederic (Fred) was a highlight of our stay (13 to 18 Sep 2012). He "walked" everyone through the instruction and safety measures... and helped remove a lot of my wife's apprehension in a fun, kind and friendly manner... Thanks mate! Segways are the best option to see this city in a new and exciting way. We covered a lot of ground in/around the old city and up onto the Castle/Chateau Hill with fantastic views and a waterfall. A fast downhill to the Port with a leisurely trundle around the headland back into Nice. Two hours were never spent better and added considreably to the enjoyment of our holiday.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a Nice must I was rather apprehensive before the tour but Ben our instructor/guide was excellent. After a few minutes of instruction we were off down the prom and through the old town steering between people cars vans dogs and various other obstacles then on to Castle hill where our machines were unlocked so we coud zoom up and down the hill. We took the full 2 hour tour highly recommended as an introduction to Nice to get your bearings with excellent photo opportunities.Highly recommended .
Diolch Ben

1  Thank Daf100
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Truly loved my first time on a segway. What an innovative and fun way to view the beautiful city of Nice. Can't recommend it enough.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I actually did this tour 6 months ago and didn't write a review at the time but after doing other tours recently I've been reminded of my unforgettable tour in Nice.

For our tour we were recommended at the office to take the 2 hour tour which goes up to the top of the hill in Nice where you can go full speed and get fantastic views of this beautiful city. I wasn't too sure at first but I'm really glad I did and I recommend everyone reading this to do the longer tour.

Our tour guide at the time was Ben, who said he doesn't usually take the tours any more and just has to work in the office but the normal tour guide was on holiday so he was our guide. This was not a problem as he was excellent. His English is perfect though he said his French and Spanish is better. He is also a native from Nice and knows so much about the place and people were constantly saying hello to him.

Our tour began with safety training on the promenade and although this was our first ever time on Segways we weren't nervous and he was really patient and made sure we felt very safe on the machines. At later times during the tour he gave us extra training like how to handle steep hills when we encountered them and made sure we were comfortable.

We were taken along the promenade and then through the old town and told information all along the way which was really informative. Maybe it's because there were only 2 of us on the tour but Ben was very laid back and if there was somewhere we wanted to go he would take us there and tell us all about it as we had quite a bit of extra time.

Before going up the hill the machines are unlocked to be able to go full speed which is really fun. The roads up there are very quiet and we didn't meet many cars. At the top the views are simply stunning and there are lots of chances to take pictures. We were only in Nice for a few days and didn't have the time to climb the hill so the Segway tour was perfect for this and I'm so glad we didn't have to miss it out.

At the end of the tour we used the time left over to have a tour down to the other end of the promenade. There aren't very many interesting things there but other tour groups would probably have just taken us back to the office early.

I can't recommend the Nice Segway tour highly enough and if I ever come back I will definitely do it again.