“pas bon”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jardin Albert 1er
Reviewed November 19, 2012

It's located in a place full of tourists.
I can imagine there are lots of [--] restaurants there.
But I did choose one of them . So bad luck
Well, we ordered 1 lunch menu with 'fish+dessert+cappuccino'
Actually, the fish is OK, just not fresh enough.
Just not tasty
The creme bulee is like what it should be.(from picard i think)
But the cappuccino is a disaster!!!(their coffee machine is broken???)
even it costs just 14.90 euros. But it's not worthy.
Not recommend.

There are newer reviews for Al Barattolo

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I found this restaurant by luck as Cyril the Manager was trying to get people into the restaurant and glad we listen to him and tried out the place .

Food no complains from me was always good and my favourite dish was the Seafood Paella which was more then enough for a person as it looks more like a plate for 2 people .

Staff Service was a bit slow but im on vacation so its not an extra 10 or 15 minutes waiting that will spoil my fun as this was our favourite spot in old Nice as we went there 4 times and not once i can say i did not enjoy the food staff or the restaurant as we sure will return next time we visit Nice .

You can have a good meal at this place as food is good if you choose the special of the day for 15Euros you get a glass of wine your main dish dessert and coffee and they also give every person who eats at this place an aperitif maison as i was afraid about food prices in Nice and have to admit it costs more to eat here in Montreal then in Nice .

By the way house wine was fine and if you want better quality well no problem they have it for a higher price .

A big thank you to Cyril and the staff and hope to see you next year ....

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Persuaded by one if their waiters to eat here as he gave us a leaflet offering reasonable fixed price menus However once sat down and drinks ordered we were told that several offers only applied to lunch time
Ordered margarite pizza off a la carte menu and steak Pizza priced at €7.50 However when bill presented charged us €9.50 Waiter told us we had been given old menu and we had been charged correct price Wasn't prepared to take my word until I managed to find an old menu showing price at €7.50 Shrugged his shoulders and referred to me to the Manager Shouted at me in French didn't understand luckily waitress translated for me Wanted to still charge €9.50 but I stood my ground Grudgingly he amended the bill
Since returning to hotel up most of night with sickness I was the only 1 to have steak other family not affected
The excess amount charged was not the issue it was the way in which my complaint was handled

Reviewed September 2, 2012

They advertise mussels and chips as Unlimited, I was lucky to get one portion, and when I asked for more the waiters seemed to make fun of me! I had to wait over an hour for a second portion and it came with cream not with white wine as I had ordered! The people next to me arrived later than me and ended up eating a whole 4 portions each before I even saw my second. I was immensely dissapointed and left hungry after over 2 and a half hours! I've never experienced such poor service in my life! And to make things worse the grumpy old waiter at the till was even upset when I paid with a credit card!
Please don't go and ruin your holiday here! Service was appalling and Food never arrived!
NEVER AGAIN!

1  Thank OllyR3
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Newish. Gone steadily downhill from what was, at best, the top of a hillock. Haven't been this year so - who knows - it may be better now. From the slutty / surly greeters ( all sucking teeth and curling lips ) to what could feature in a list of the most disgusting toilets in Nice ( handily placed by the kitchen serving hatch ), it's just a no go area. Cramped tables, bad service, poor food, lousy wine, disgruntled diners - where to begin ? There's so many places within 1km that are such so much better to go. Avoid.