“Best meal of the week”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Marlin

Le Marlin
Ranked #207 of 1,875 Restaurants in Nice
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Port
Description: The Marlin is ideally located on the port of Nice. The terrace allows you to enjoy the sun and a magnificent panoramic view of the harbor.
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Best meal of the week”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Sitting in the edge if the port this charming restaurant was the only place we found that served frogs legs. Don't go here if you are in a hurry! We took three hours over lunch which was perfect as we were killing time. The Madame is charming and service as pleasant can be. And the food is sublime. Scallops in coconut milk and lemon grass. Goats cheese salad. The biggest slice of foie gras I have ever seen on the fillet Rossini. And crazy cheap vin! Or expensive if you want. Views of the super rich yachts. A pleasant breeze. Absolutely fantastic and a great way to end a few days in nice. Would definitely go back next time we visit. The port is a world away from the crazy tourisme of the promenade d'anglais. You will not be sorry

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent food, lovely location”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I stumbled upon this restaurant as we were walking around the Port in Nice. We liked the look of it- clean, fairly modern, inviting. We were greeted pleasantly and made a reservation for later that evening.

We had a seat outside, which was lovely as the sun set and we could watch the Port. There was some sort of sailing event going on and music from the party (a Beatles cover band) was playing in the background, which was a nice bonus :)

The service was excellent and friendly.

My husband started with a salad that was comprised mainly of fresh cheese and prosciutto and was delicious. I had the frogs legs which were very tasty, though I was a bit nervous as it was my first time eating them!

My husband had Marlin as his main course, which was outstanding on a bed of a slightly piquant pea puree and a saffron infused rice. I selected the scallops, which were seared to perfection and melted in the mouth.

For dessert my husband had a trio of small desserts which were delicious and I had the melting chocolate fondant, which was indescribably scrumptious!

Overall we were very pleased with this restaurant and would recommend it to anyone!

Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great food and great service!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had been in Nice for a week and then we found this excellent authentic restaurant where everything is made from scratch. Amandine took very good care of us as we were a family of four with two young ones (12-8)...it seems we have created two foodies as they were into the shellfish. I had frog legs myself and my wife had a delicious fish stew. The desserts were also excellent. Good wine list and excellent recommendations. It is right beside the port and the ferry excahnge so make sure your reservations are a little late (8:30PM onwards) or you might find it crowded as the last ferry comes in and the people who want to get on the first ferry drive in and park in the terminal. But again....if you like seafood, do not miss this place.

Nice, France
“Excellent restaurant Nice Port”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We ate here last night 17/08/12 and the food was excellent, reasonably priced and good service. We both enjoyed the fish dishes Moules for starters and Risotto/fish stew. the only downside was the trffic was very congested as it was ferry changeover time.

London, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Nice place out of the busy streets. The food was really good. The service was good too, maybe just a bit slow.