“Not Terrible,...certainly not great.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nexus Caffe - CLOSED

Nexus Caffe
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“Not Terrible,...certainly not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2011

I enjoyed eating a small Pizza and coffee here for brunch one morning. However, I felt ripped off when I ordered an olive-cheese pizza and got a pie that only had three olives on the whole darn surface. It tasted alright though. My husband enjoyed his omelette, but wasn't thrilled by it. We had great service, and it is at a great location. I would recommend looking around before settling here. Can't say the value was all that great considering the quality of food wasn't at all worth the price. If it were a bit cheaper, I'd recommend it as an adequate place for brunch.

• Visited September 2010
2 Thank ShadOcat

Gouda, The Netherlands
“Great place, don't understand the bad reviews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

As I understand from one of the reviews below, the reviewer was treated miserably by the waiter. I don't recognize this treatment at all. We visited this restaurant and the service was really great. The waitress was friendly, patient and took the time to explain things to us. The food was great, although it was a bit more expensive than the average Nice restaurant. But hey, do you want to pay 7 euros for a greasy pizza or 12 for a great one? I know what I'd choose.

My partner had a steak, which was served with fries (best we've tasted in a while), salad and the steak itself was great too. Myself, I took the Pizza Neptune, which was really good. We ordered one of the cheapest wines they had but despite being cheap it was really good. It was served in an ice bag so it stayed cool.

We both took two different coupes of ice cream for 6 euro. To our surprise it was quite a large amount of ice cream, and it tasted delicious. Brainfreeze!!! ;)

The service was great, so the review below was probably an unfortunate incident.

We would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank PrinsErwt
London
“Nexus caffe - Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2009

Great service, food took some time to arrive but was great and tasted very fresh when did arrive. Really friendly accommodating waiters too - not pushy. Was very surprised to read negatives reviews as I have just got back from Nice and went to Nexus twice and both experiences were very good. Would recommend the restaurant..

3 Thank Lara-7
Nce
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2009

First off- there was only one person working mid during the lunch hours. Despite this, the service in general was too slow and severely lacking anything good.

I went with another person and we didn't even get menus given to us. I had to find them myself. Then we ordered and a party of seven sat down after we ordered. The waiter never brought us our water but he did to the larger group- it took me 2 times to remind him to bring it to us.

Then another couple sat down next to us. Despite us being there first- the party of seven and the couple next to us were served first. Then after getting a little frustrated did we finally get our meal. Nothing bad with the food, but small mistakes showing that the waiter did not listen to our order.

The story continued with trying to track down the waiter to get more water and to clear our plates. He never asked if we wanted a dessert or a coffee. I finally caught his attention and ask if we could get two coffees for free since we had been to badly served (mind you I asked in Perfect Polite French) and he said yes. He brought us the coffees and the the bill where he had added 9 euro for the coffees. I asked what happened to getting the coffees for free? He threw a huge temper tantrum and yelled at us saying that nothing was for free. I told him he agreed and should have said no earlier when I asked. I told him that I realized that he was by himself and that overall he was holding down he fort well- but that should not come at the expensive for semi-decent service. The waiter banged the metal tray of the bill against the table and screamed that now he would have to pay for the coffees himself and ordered us to pay and get out

Summary: Horrible Service--Nothing special food- Not that great prices

Skip Nexus Cafe and find another place!

• 1 of 5 bubbles