“Clean, comfortable hotel”

Novotel Suites Nice Aeroport
Ranked #57 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hotel staff are excellent. Rooms are large and comfortable.

Location is near airport 5 minute walk to train and 4 minute train ride to the city center or Nice, 20 minutes from Cannes and 30 from Monaco.

Value for hotel was well worth it $100 per night, free wifi, hotel movies, water and snacks all included in price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
ClaudeEven, Directeur général at Novotel Suites Nice Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Sir, Madam :

Thank you for leaving your comments regarding your stay at the Suite Novotel Nice Aéroport Arenas.

We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay and we will be very happy to welcome you again for a new stay.

Sincerely yours,

Claude EVEN

Reviewed December 24, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have stayed at several Novotel's and, in general, love the hotel chain: large rooms, free Wi-Fi, minibar/microwave, pool, movies on demand, location and price.
My stay in Aug. though left me very concerned. One evening, my family and I went outside for dinner at the Italian restaurant (quality/prices not good), when I needed to use the bathroom. I checked inside the restaurant - no bathroom - , I checked by the pool - door locked-, I went inside the hotel and the reception bathroom would not open without a key. I asked the young lady at the desk, who saw me go to the locked bathroom, if she could please loan me a key. He response was , "Don't you have one?" "Yes, but it's outside at the restaurant." She then began raising her voice with me, saying to get away from that side of the bar. Mind you, I was not at all "behind" the bar. I had walked directly from the bathroom to the closest bar area. She continued to raise her voice. I asked again if she could loan me a key. She coded a new one and flipped it on the counter. When I returned from the bathroom I put the key back down at the bar. She then rudely yelled after me, "Merci." I later returned to the bar and told her I have never been treated so rudely at a hotel. She seemed unconcerned and unapologetic. I later returned and asked to see the manager to further discuss, again the manager seemed unconcerned. Another strange thing...our soap dispensers were empty. When on the second day they were not filled, my husband took the bottle out of the holder and put it by the sink, so the cleaners could see it was empty. When we returned to the room, the bottle was missing and no new one was in the dispenser. When I phoned downstairs to let them know, someone came up to "inspect." Both my husband and I felt they were implying that we took it.
I do, love the Novotel concept, and am not one to complain. I am not difficult to please, and have never been displeased with a hotel. I'm generally happy with service, even when others are not. I draw the line at not just poor costumer service, but at rude costumer service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ClaudeEven, Directeur général at Novotel Suites Nice Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience at the Suite Novotel Nice Aeroport. I am sorry that some points about your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

However, we would like to provide some answers about your comments:

The restaurant "Gout d'Italie" is not our restaurant and does therefore not part of the hotel. They have some publics toilets inside that you could have used during your diner. Anyway, you were totally right to come in the lobby and use our lavatories.

I do regret that my receptionnist didn't have the correct behaviour and I present you again my sincerest apologies. I did record personally up your discontent about the attitude of my staff with the head of department concerned.

I look forward to welcome you again, please accept our sincere greetings.

Claude EVEN

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Close proximity to Nice Airport: however, bit far from city centre. Not much choice for meals as very limted restaurants nearby. availability of food items and beverages can be expanded. Rooms are good size, clean and comfortable.. One of our rooms did not have airconditioning functioning and required room switch by hotel staff. Staff on duty for limited hours and not at night. Staff can be trained to be more customer-friendly.

Room Tip: Fair value for money if you are comfortable to stay close to airport.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Comfortable and spacious rooms, very close to airport and offering wifi and shuttle service. The personnel is not the best, quite average in my opinion and could be rude at times. Not a lot of shops in the area which I guess is more or less normal for the airport location.In the end it stays an airport hotel, and it serves very well that purpose.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the size of the rooms which is very generous, this is about it. The staff are not very welcoming nor do they really care about guest satisfaction. There is no real personality or charm in this hotel, I know its only an airport hotel but even then the decor etc was very dreary. Breakfast was good and I enjoyed their cheese selection the pool was pretty nice too. For the price it is what I cam to expect but I do believe there are better options in the airport area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends