“Overnight”

Novotel Suites Nice Aeroport
Ranked #58 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Very difficult to find this hotel, there are three novotels close to the airport, however having been to Two we finally got to the correct one, shuttle buses were provided, most welcome at midnight. Clean well appointed room, a large double bed and one single, on the eighth floor, reasonable views, modular bathroom and separate loo and washbasin, very good, must have been interesting when being built watching all these modules being put in. Good nights sleep,not fond of square pillows! Breakfast fast and impersonal, all the bases covered once you get the hang of self service, coffee machine difficult for the technophobe but good when I worked it out, for a short stop in transit very good and appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Hotel has outdated rooms and very far from city center. 45 min by bus and 15-20 min walk to the airport.

Service at the front desk average.As a family we thought was overpriced from what it had to offer.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is the perfect hotel if you have to catch an early flight. It's very close to the airport and there is a free shuttle.

The outdoor pool is very nice even though the water is not heated.

Just make sure you don't go to the restaurant (Le Goût d'Italie). It is so bad that I wished they had served me frozen food!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Spoutnyk
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights just over a week ago. We had a car and it was part of a European road trip! The place is easy to get to by car and within easy traveling by car of Nice centre, Cannes and Monaco. Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The free wifi worked great. Parking was around 14 euros/night. Breakfast was pretty good (14 euros/person). The receptionist really looked after us and ordered pizza on our behalf when we wanted to bite to eat. I would stay again if in Nice and had a car.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Of course, the only reason to stay at Suite Novotel is because you're are in transit. It's about 7-8 Km from downtown Nice and there is not much around. From the hotel to the city center it takes about 30-45 min with bus. The hotel is nice; it has a pool and the rooms are nice and new. The bathroom is awesome - spanking new, very spacious with large bathtub. There are safes in the rooms, minifridge (with one free bottle of water inside) and coffee maker. The toilet and shower are in separate partitions which maximizes your time in the morning if you're in multiple people in the room. They have a shuttle to the airport and it's advisable to use it because even though the hotel has "aeroport" in the name it is not a short walk, especially if you have your luggage. The shuttle works beginning around 4AM, so you should be OK for most flights and it is preferable to stay here rather than downtown (at least the last night) because if you have to take a cab to the airport it will cost you between 30-50 Euros for a 10 min ride (we kid you not). Overall, a good place; price could be a little less though. We paid less for a nice place downtown.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night, sharing a room with my colleague.
Our room had a double bed and a single opposite it... bamboo sliding doors, tv, table, quirky deco and a great shower in the bathroom. The bar was reasonably priced and the location with regards to distance to the airport was super convenient.
The rooms were clean, the staff was cool and we had a good night rest.
We ate at the restaurant situated adjacent to the hotel bar and pool (forgot the name) it smelt great earlier in the day, so we opted to eat there that night... sadly the Pizzas were dry and I therefore cannot recommend you dine there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

As a matter of fact I was trying to book the Ibis Styles in the same location, made a mistake and booked the Novotel instead. I immediatly contacted them and tried to move my reservation to the other unit - which is in the same building, same chain, and probably the same owner - recognized my mistake but asked for some comprehension. They denied my request.
Not Nice, but not wrong either. It was my mistake, as I already said.
I will try not to let this incident poison my evaluation. The room was big and offers a small kitchen with minibar and microwave. That's the pros.
We use to stay at lots of Novotels because we trust the Accor standards. This is, by far, the one with cheapest finishing I ever saw. Looked more like an Etap under steroids. The dinner table was all scratched, there was a terrible smell coming from the sink in the bathroom, and the whole place looked very tired. We stayed in two Ibis in this same trip and the linens in both of them were a lot better than this Novotel.
Definetly, I would never stay in this Novotel again. The most expensive and worst hotel in our long trip to Europe. You can spend a lot less and get a lot more. Keep looking.