“Good for last vacation day”

Novotel Suites Nice Aeroport
Ranked #58 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is the perfect hotel if you have to catch an early flight. It's very close to the airport and there is a free shuttle.

The outdoor pool is very nice even though the water is not heated.

Just make sure you don't go to the restaurant (Le Goût d'Italie). It is so bad that I wished they had served me frozen food!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Spoutnyk

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights just over a week ago. We had a car and it was part of a European road trip! The place is easy to get to by car and within easy traveling by car of Nice centre, Cannes and Monaco. Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The free wifi worked great. Parking was around 14 euros/night. Breakfast was pretty good (14 euros/person). The receptionist really looked after us and ordered pizza on our behalf when we wanted to bite to eat. I would stay again if in Nice and had a car.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Of course, the only reason to stay at Suite Novotel is because you're are in transit. It's about 7-8 Km from downtown Nice and there is not much around. From the hotel to the city center it takes about 30-45 min with bus. The hotel is nice; it has a pool and the rooms are nice and new. The bathroom is awesome - spanking new, very spacious with large bathtub. There are safes in the rooms, minifridge (with one free bottle of water inside) and coffee maker. The toilet and shower are in separate partitions which maximizes your time in the morning if you're in multiple people in the room. They have a shuttle to the airport and it's advisable to use it because even though the hotel has "aeroport" in the name it is not a short walk, especially if you have your luggage. The shuttle works beginning around 4AM, so you should be OK for most flights and it is preferable to stay here rather than downtown (at least the last night) because if you have to take a cab to the airport it will cost you between 30-50 Euros for a 10 min ride (we kid you not). Overall, a good place; price could be a little less though. We paid less for a nice place downtown.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night, sharing a room with my colleague.
Our room had a double bed and a single opposite it... bamboo sliding doors, tv, table, quirky deco and a great shower in the bathroom. The bar was reasonably priced and the location with regards to distance to the airport was super convenient.
The rooms were clean, the staff was cool and we had a good night rest.
We ate at the restaurant situated adjacent to the hotel bar and pool (forgot the name) it smelt great earlier in the day, so we opted to eat there that night... sadly the Pizzas were dry and I therefore cannot recommend you dine there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

As a matter of fact I was trying to book the Ibis Styles in the same location, made a mistake and booked the Novotel instead. I immediatly contacted them and tried to move my reservation to the other unit - which is in the same building, same chain, and probably the same owner - recognized my mistake but asked for some comprehension. They denied my request.
Not Nice, but not wrong either. It was my mistake, as I already said.
I will try not to let this incident poison my evaluation. The room was big and offers a small kitchen with minibar and microwave. That's the pros.
We use to stay at lots of Novotels because we trust the Accor standards. This is, by far, the one with cheapest finishing I ever saw. Looked more like an Etap under steroids. The dinner table was all scratched, there was a terrible smell coming from the sink in the bathroom, and the whole place looked very tired. We stayed in two Ibis in this same trip and the linens in both of them were a lot better than this Novotel.
Definetly, I would never stay in this Novotel again. The most expensive and worst hotel in our long trip to Europe. You can spend a lot less and get a lot more. Keep looking.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Had to stay overnight to catch an early flight after a long raod trip in France and this hotel was perfect. You can park yoru car in the hotel and get there straight from your room via the hotel lift. Thisis a basic efficient hotel with no frills. Taxi ride into town is about E30 - so if you want to be in Nice's old twon suggest you get a more central hotel.

Room Tip: High up rooms have a view of the sea (over the airport runway!)
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here for a two night family break; we had specifically chosen that part of town as we had a friend living on that side of town, I had some concerns about safety after reading some of the reviews however I did not see any evidence of a problem or feel in the least bit unsafe during our visit. As other reviewers have stated parking is an issue although given “French driving” you can be picked up and dropped off outside the front of the hotel without issue.

The hotel itself is a formulaic Accor group hotel the room is more than adequate and a screen can be drawn across the middle of it to split the room up if you have a family. Free coffee tea and hot chocolate as well as biscuits in the room and the breakfast was good quality for what was on offer.

It costs EUR1.50 per person to get onto town on the bus with a stop close to the Hotel and takes about 20 minutes; proximity to the airport is not a problem no aircraft noise can be heard in the room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family