“I enjoyed it more this year!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of L'Univers de Christian Plumail - CLOSED

L'Univers de Christian Plumail
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Centre
London, United Kingdom
“I enjoyed it more this year!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had the 'saveurs d'ete' menu and we enjoyed it more than the corresponding menu that we had last year: this is probably because the dishes were more to our taste. We both started with a refreshing melon and lobster terrine, followed by pork loin, in my case, whilst my partner had monkfish with chorizo. We both finished with the delicious chocolate cake. We had an interesting Mas de la Rouviere red Bandol wine. I thought that the wine prices in this restaurant were keen. Throughout the service was helpful and professional, and there was a pleasant atmosphere in the busy restaurant. The tables were well spaced. Overall, I think that I enjoyed dinner here as much as any that I have had recently.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank V3971RTjohn

york, pa
“Delicious, but...”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

First I have to say we received the BEST service in any restaurant we ate at in Provence here. Our English-speaking party of four was unable to muddle through the menu but a member of the staff spent at least 20 minutes reading it to us, explaining all the preparations and answering all our questions. It was amazing. The food was really very good (do NOT miss the lemon soufflé!!) but we left feeling we had spent more than we thought it was worth.
It was still a wonderful evening and the service we received made it an experience none of us will soon forget.

1 Thank travelingmomof2
Finland
“Excellent value”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Our group of five had the autumn menu, 45€ plus wines, totalling ca 60 € pp. Scallops were great, as well as the fish dishes. The bird was a bit dry for our taste but still good. One member of our partu was not totally satisfied with her dessert, which the staff noted and offered her a different dish very politely. Very kind of them, we all left happy. So, 60 € dinner in a star restaurant in center of Nice is phenomenal value. Recommended.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank finzki
Barcelona, Spain
“great!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Really enjoyed my experience tonight in this resaturant.
Wonderful meal, good staff. Two juniors in the staff, little bit nervous, but doing well.

All courses had excellent cuisson and the chef came at my table in the end. Not for some obliged chit-chat, but a nice and good talk about my cycling trip!

will go back for sure!

• Visited October 2013
bollington
“classic french excellence”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

me and my wife went last saturday for my birthday after looking a loads of reviews online. Im so glad we picked this place as it turned out to be one of the best food experiences of my life. We chose a 6 dishes from the alacarte menu after loads of help from the waiters as the menu was in french. The service was incredible so friendly and attentitive .

• Visited September 2013