“Small, clean and perfect for a group of friends”

Appart'hotel Odalys Palais Rossini
Ranked #5 of 54 Specialty Lodging in Nice
Cork
“Small, clean and perfect for a group of friends”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stayed here for the weekend of the monaco gp and got a great rate of 120euro/night for a 4 pax apartment.

Found the staff to be quite friendly and while it's no 5 star hotel, it suited the needs of 4 guys on a trip for a long wekend. It is a long walk to the old town (30MINS) and 10 mins to the promenade.

There is a supermarket next doos for all your needs and while the apartment is small it is adequately equipped. Staff were always eager to help and the maid came every day to tidy up, make beds etc. Would probably stay closer to the old town next time but it is very close (5mins walk) to the train station and monaco was only 20mins by train.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank CorkPaul23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
ireland
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Stay here for 1 week. Close to amenities. Supermarket next door. Kitchette is a bit small but adequte. lots of restaurants nearby. 10 mins to beach. 15 mins to rue Jean Medicine.Also close to the train staion if you want to go to Cannes and Monaco. Bus from the airport passes by. Get the bus to Gare SNCF and get off at boulevard Gambetta.Lots of nice bakeries and cafes nearby. Great ice cream shop across the road yum yum.would recommend it and would return.didnt have car so parking not a problem.Also went sking to valberg for a day. get the bus from the Gare SNCF costs 1euro 90 min journey.

Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ruddock
Kildare
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I was very disappointed in this accommodation which I booked for my family who were visiting Nice. One of the reasons I booked this hotel was that it advertised the fact it had air conditioning......... which did not work and when I pointed this out to the receptionist on the third occasion he just grinned and said "I know it does not work"....... no attempt to apologise for the inconvenience or that he might try to have it fixed for us......His untoward manner ruined an otherwise ideal location to stay when in Nice..... His racist remarks were not welcomed either and when I said that I found his remarks objectionable hisanswer was that he was entitled to air his opinion - I disagree - not to clients of the hotel....... also I was not impressed by the fact that he tried to overcharge 50 eurofor the room that he claimed was not clean - I asked to inspect the room with him and on doing so he had to admit a mistake........ i think this particular member of staff needs some training in public relations........ what a pity that one person can effect the impression of an otherwise reasonable accommodation.....

Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank BertsKildare
Dubai , UAE
Reviewed June 1, 2009

I shared an apartment (sleeps 4) with my Mum, who is 77 years old. As She doesn't like lifts, so we walked up the stairs to the 4th floor. (Our choice).The air conditioning was not working, and as the weather was hot , we had to leave the windows open. As a result, the mosquitoes had a feast on my poor Mum. We notified the Receptionist, but nothing was done. So my poor Mum had to suffer for 3 nights with no a/c!. Then on each night, our swipe keys did not work, so I had to go back down to reception on each occasion in order for them to "electronically ok the swipe card"!. They forgot to give us the remote for the t.v whilst checking in, so this was another trip down to them.
My friends also stayed here at the same time and the receptionist wanted to charge them 50 Euro as their room was "left in a mess". On investigation it was found, that their room was exceptionally tidy (according to the cleaner). The receptionist also made a racist remark about them being Irish! When confronted about the charge of 50 Euros and the racist remark, he apoligised and agreed that he was wrong. He was basically taking unfair advantage of 4 young Irish girls. I travel all over the world and am very quick to write compliments and very slow to write complaints. But on this occasion, I feel it necessary to warn other prospective clients. I am also willing to allow for workers having "Off Days", but not so patient when it lasts for 4 days and involves a 77 year old woman who should be treated with respect. I would not reccommend anyone to stay here if they are looking for a stress free break, whilst staying in Nice. The rest of our holiday was perfect with fabulous staff in all the restaurants that we went to.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank JetsetterDubai_UAE

Travelers are raving about these Nice hotels