“A California patio with a 4 course 100 euro menu”

Le Moulin De Mougins
Reserve with
Le Moulin De Mougins is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 87 Restaurants in Mougins
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2012

If the price tag doesn't stop you, read on. We had menu, together with a couple amuse bouche and migardise - even the hefty appetites will be satisfied.

Foie gras polee starter was nice. Cod with truffles and potatoes was a revelation; the cochon/pork cutlet looked well-done, but was somehow wonderful, perhaps it was the lighting that deceived me. The fraise du bois dessert was nice as well.

So 2 superlative courses, and two competent courses; much better than your average restaurant.

Wine list was quite nice.

The ambiance was end of summer, and we dined outside on the patio. We could have been in California except that the food was better and service and details was superb rather then "HI, my name is Bob, I'll be your server tonight."

A bit of French will help, but English-only speakers need not be afraid, the staff can translate and menu comes with mostly accurate translations. English speakers don't get offered the cheese course, and menu eaters will probably be too full. Navigating the roads will be a bigger problem.

1  Thank svnr2000

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I took cooking class there - perfect. THe place itself is very beautiful. It has nice gardens with exposition of art works everywhere. Must see

1  Thank MIMIBelgrade
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We just turned up without a reservation at the Moulin and we were welcomed no problem, we sat in a beautifully manicured garden area with the unbelievable smelling flowers around us, the ambiance was superb, both ordered the Lamb and it was excellent, cooked to perfection, The staff were very accommodating ( unusual in France) It took a while to come which is always a good sign as it indicates that it is prepared individually for you. It is Relais Chateaux so you expect to pay accordingly to our surprise the bill was less than $!00. go there but not if you like pizza ( there is no hope for you)

2  Thank DerekCC_12
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Overpriced mediocer food served with an attitude reserved for Parisienne tourist traps. Worst value for money I have ever spent in a resturant. This is not gourmet food.

3  Thank Knuppa
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I booked 5 weeks in advance. I called to confirm to find my booking cancelled "as we now have a private wedding". They initially tried to make out it was my mistake but later after pressure agreed it was their fault but offered no help or alternative. I regularly eat in Michellin restaurants and have never been treated in this way before. One to avoid at all costs

3  Thank Vikka8433