“Not bad, but not for these money”
Review of Les Rosees

Les Rosees
Ranked #1 of 16 Mougins B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 31, 2012

First of all let me say that in general it is difficult to call Les Rosees 'the hotel'. This is most likely the country house. Les Rosees is located in the vilage, among other private villas and homes.

The hotel area is very small - there are a small pool with 4 sunbeds (there are 5 double rooms in the hotel and if it is fully booked you may have problems with available sun beds) and garden where guests can have their breakfast.

We lived in suite Serguey for 3 days.I do not know why, but I could not sleep well there (the bed was ok, but atmosphere was too spesific - you always feel that you are in very old house with long history and it is a little scary. Maybe this is very subjective, but still.)

The interior of this room combines very modern and vintage styles. There are one pretty big room with bed and fireplace, separate dressing area and bathroom. You can see there also details of Art - for example, contrabass and many art books.

Also it is always very hstrong smell of some incense or spices in the house and you can be tired of this.

The staff is very friendly.You must be asked how you spent time in the city or how you slept.
Breakfast is rather poor. And if you wake up later you may miss out on some food.

The location is not very suitable unless you have car - it is difficult to get to Mugines by walk because there are no foot zones on the roads. Cannes is about 15 minutes by car.

I really think that all this you can get for less money (we payed more than 1000 Euro .Even more you have to stay here at least 3 days (you cannot come only for 1 or 2 days). There is just nothing to do for so long time and you can be bored.

I don't think I will comeback there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
LesRosees, Gérant at Les Rosees, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

We just wanted to come back to this review with some facts.

We have a total of 12 loungers for our guests which is more than our total number of clients staying in the rooms.

Les Rosees is indeed categorized as an Inn and not a hotel but we do have similar services to what you would find in a hotel.. room & garden/pool service from 8 am to 10.30 pm, small bar, Jacuzzi, luggage service, laundry, internet connection and much more.

Les Rosees is indeed ancient but fully restored 10 years ago with constant improvements.

Our Beds are 'Treca Imperial Pullman' and in the case of this client the bed is 2 meters x 2 meters- King size ! On the east side the view is on the river and village and on the south side the garden.

We do have essential oils through out the house which guests often like so much much that they go to our shop to bring some home.

Finally concerning our location, we are 1 minute from the medieval village of Mougins, 15 minutes from either Cannes or Grasse, and just 25 minutes from the airport in Nice. This makes us very central to very many cultural events, the sea or the mountains ...

Thank you for your time !

Kilperick
Owner

Reviewed July 20, 2012

If you happen to go to the french riviera you should definitely stay at Les Rosées
Just the place whre you feel at home.

Room Tip: there are only 5 rooms and each one has it's own charatcter
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed in the Isadora suite for 3 nights in June (which was not really long enough!),we had a lovely time, the furnishings are beautiful and we loved having our own private terrace.
The house is very pretty, the grounds delightful and everyone who works there is so considerate. The breakfast is superb and we were lucky to have fresh local cherries.
We loved the area and did some great walks that Kilperick recommended.
Walking to Mougins for dinner was also great - we had some lovley meals out. Then coffee and armangnac to send us off on a long sleep.
Thanks and we truely hope to return.

Room Tip: Had a peak at the other rooms and all are lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LisDanWorcsUk
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed at Les Rosees in June 2012 and normally do not have time to write reviews. However this inn provided to me one of the most perfect respites I have ever experienced, so I felt compelled to write about it. The staff are fantastic. Since there are only 5 rooms you get as much attention as you might need. The rooms are of the highest quality - roomy, windows on the gardens, quiet and finished in the most chic French style one can imagine. In June the gardens were so fragrant and lovely that we had a hard time figuring out where to sit to enjoy our evening Rose and snacks. Days were spent ambling around Provence and hill towns and then heading like homing pigeons back to the best place of all: this Inn. The pool was delightful - plenty of gorgeous chaise lounges in sun or shade and quiet for relaxing with a book or cold beer or refreshing plunge. The only problem with this place is that it is hard to leave and go back to 'real life'!! Can't wait to go back to Les Rosees. Plus I love that it's close to all of the Cote D'Azur magic - ocean, maritime alps, small lovely towns, etc. Highly, highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank AllisonSFCA
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed at Les Rosees 5 years ago and knew that I would need to make the trip back. I just did! I went in June 2012 for five nights and I am so glad that I did. The details are lovely. The garden smells wonderful. The owner and staff are delightful. The 400 year old home is spectacular. You are nicely tucked away in a Mougins neighborhood instead of a touristy hotel area. 5 years ago I stayed in the Isadora suite which was very nice. This time we stayed in the St. Marguerite and it too was perfect. Evenings are candle lit and include fireflies! Mornings are on beautiful patio with breakfast. Afternoons? Read by the pool. Drink Provence Rose. Relax. Loved it!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Peg S
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I was meant to stay in Les Rosees Mon to Friday, but found out on the Thursday night that we were double booked. Despite fishing out the original booking form created by Les Rosees which stated Monday to Friday I did not receive an apology or a discount, I was just shipped out to another hotel!!

That said the hotel would be lovely and peaceful was it not for two loudly barking dogs two doors down from the hotel which spoil the tranquility.

This is the first time that I have been sufficiently annoyed to write a review, but I have to say do not stay at this hotel if you find any other option!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank UKtravellerWC
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Unfortunately this review is inacurate. There was no overbooking as this guest asked for 3 nights and that is precisely what we gave. We are happy for trip advisor to check this. This guest wanted to stay longer asking arriving guests to stay in another hotel. It is because we refused that he is now writing this review. Concerning ‘barking dogs’ we ask that you look whether there is any mention of barking dogs anywhere else...

We have built our reputation out of trying our hardest and this is what we will keep doing !

Thank you for your time.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Recently stayed (alas only 2 nights) with my wife for our 10th Anniversary. Extremely helpful and accomodating staff.
The suite was as advertised - perfect!
Thoroughly recommend to couples without children.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple