“Fantastic Couples Retreat”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Mougins
Peapack-Gladstone, New Jersey
“Fantastic Couples Retreat”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel was a little slice of heaven. We went with the Azur Getaway package which is room, spa treatment, breakfast and dinner. Wow, it was worth it! We were there for 4 days and ending up staying an extra day. Spa was wonderfully relaxing and the treatments were fantastic. The spa pool was one of our favorite spots, it's a SwimSpa style pool and the water was warmer there...as well as having fewer people. Rooms- our room was situated on the other side of restaurant with it's own terrace and absolutely beautiful view of Grasse, I believe. Restaurant, I still have food fantasies. There wasn't anything I tried that I didn't love. If you are there and have the time visit Grasse.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank frenchyphile
marksilver94, Owner at Le Mas Candille, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for such a wholehearted positive review, I will make sure that I will thank ALL the team here at Le Mas Candille , and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

marksilver@lemascandille.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Spent 3 days at beginning of March in beautiful setting only a few minutes walk from the pretty village of Mougins. Fabulous food and wine and brilliant service from all the staff. Spa treatments were very relaxing and professional. Great place, can't wait to return.

1 Thank Anna H
uk
Reviewed March 23, 2013

we had a warm welcome on arrival and were upgraded which was a nice touch. the corridor leading to the room lacked character but the room was nice and comfortable but not breathtaking like some relais hotels. having said that our stay was really relaxed and we didn't want to leave.

the car valet parked our car in a space that would avoid doors being opened on it without us having to ask for this....very thoughtful.

we didn't eat there as we took the short walk to mug ins where there are lots of restaurants.

would love to return one day

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed March 10, 2013

SPA:
The SPA which is free of charge was awful. What you get for free: sauna without any wood floor, without ANY service (you should go by yourself and find water to heat the sauna), Jacuzzi in 50 meters from sauna and a small pool. When its 10 degrees outside such kind of "SPA" (actually I wouldn't use this word to the facilities the hotel has) is not good at all. So this kind of "SPA" is not appropriate at all for cold weather but when it's hot you would least likely would like to go to the sauna. So I don't know for which purposes the hotel did this kind of "SPA" area. From the 5 star hotel which includes the word SPA in its name we would expect something more.
Bar:
Another impression is the bar service. We ordered a couple of glasses of wine. And usually some snacks go with this (olives, chips..). Here after our request we were provided with a something looking as a dogs food...
Room:
Spacious but looking old.
To summarize our stay I would say that the service in the hotel is definitely not a 5 star.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
marksilver94, Propriétaire at Le Mas Candille, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Madame,

i have read your comments and I am sorry we have not met your expectations.

Please contact me directly so that I can more fully understand your issues with the hotel.

marksilver@lemascandille.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We booked this restaurant for valentines night, it had a set menu and fixed price, expensive but wow, what a meal! About 6 courses, all served with appropriate wines and the food seemed to get better with each course. The last course was pigeon pie with fois gras. Heaven. The evening was topped off with a 2 man entertainment guitar and singers doing great French chansons.
One of the most impressive parts of the evening was when we arrived, the valet parker new our names and that we were expected and likewise when we left, our car was waiting for us outside with the engine running. Truly old fashioned fabulous service. We look forward to our next visit to le mas candille

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sidneyoz
giuseppe-cosmai, Directeur général at Le Mas Candille, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Sir,
I would like to thank you for your positive comments and for taking the time to share your experience at Le Mas Candille for your Valentine’s Day diner.
I am very glad to read that you enjoyed the menu of our Chef Serge Gouloumes and the musical atmosphere of our musicians.
I will not forget to share your kind comments with our teams and especially with our valet.
Best regards,
Giuseppe COSMAI
Valbonne, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I went to the gastronomic restaurant with my girlfriend. I had already been there once, but it was a total surprise for her. We were both delighted with the quality of the service from the valet service outside to the waiters in the restaurant. The food was amazing, by the end of the meal we had had the perfect amount of food, all of it delicious. My girlfriend had the "Menu decouverte", which consists of several dishes, all excellent. I had a pheasant based dish and would definitely recommend both oh them.
The setting is also great, we had a really nice view of Grasse by night. It really was a perfect evening.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alex B
giuseppe-cosmai, Directeur général at Le Mas Candille, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Sir
I would like to thank you for the warm comment. We are delighted to see these beautiful appreciations of our property and our teams. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Kind regards,

Giuseppe COSMIDear Sir
Kind regards,

Giuseppe COSMAI
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for a long weekend as an anniversary celebration. We have stayed before and chose to return because we had an amazing time before and wanted to see if they had maintained their excellent standards. We were not disappointed. We were upgraded to a suite at no extra cost when we said we were repeat customers and it was a special occasion. The meals were outstanding, just as we remembered and the staff are so attentive and polite. The views are breath taking, it is a part of paradise hidden away. I cannot recommend the hotel high enough. We will definitely return. Please don't change anything.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katieperfect
marksilver94, Owner at Le Mas Candille, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
thank you for your kind words, we will try to maintain the same standards you enjoy, whilst improving various areas of the hotel slowly and surely.

Mark Silver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mougins
Hotel Royal-Riviera
#3 of 126 in Cannes
Hotel de Mougins
Hotel de Mougins
#4 of 13 in Mougins

Been to Le Mas Candille? Share your experiences!