“One of the highlights in the Cote d'azur”
Review of Mirazur

Mirazur
Ranked #5 of 275 Restaurants in Menton
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Awarded its second Michelin star in 2012, Mirazur blends supremely elegant style with the richness of nature. Elevated above the Mediterranean sea, the dining room features 1930s design, and offers stunning views over the water. Dine out on the tranquil al fresco terrace, or in the spotless interior, where stretching windows frame panoramic views of the glamorous Cote d'Azur.
Hong Kong, China
“One of the highlights in the Cote d'azur”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We had a lovely lumch at the Mirazur on the way driving from Portofino back to France. The location is absolutely spectacular. The view is even better than Eden Roc. Food was lovely - predominantly seafood-based which is wonderful for me as I don't really eat red meat. Staff was attentive and friendly and even introduced the cool owner/chef Mauro to us at the end. A wonderful experience not to be missed!

1 Thank Jolo899

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Rome
“Perfection”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

An Argentinian friend, obviously proud of a great Argentinian chef, Mauro Colagreco, had told us not to miss this experience on one of our travel from Rome to Provence. I am so grateful for this recommendation.
A beautiful location, overlooking the Bay of Menton, elegant decor, attentive service, all to make one happy to have chosen this destination.
We normally eat lightly for lunch so we had the business menu, menu affaire, for an incredible 45 euros. The wine list is excellent too. We had a very good Chablis.
The chef prepares his menus every day depending on what he finds on the market. You are simply asked what you do not want to eat, oysters for example, or if you have any allergy, if you prefer
meat or fish. Then leave it to him to compose a menu and let you be surprised. Each dish was worth a photo. So elegant. Surprising flavours. Surprising discoveries also. I had never heard of a fish called Centrolophe. Deep sea fish , delicately cooked slowly. It is rarely fished.
I will not describe the other dishes as you may never see them again ... And I want you to be as nicely surprised as we were.
A Relais & Chateaux and two stars in the Michelin. They are well deserved.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank JJGRome
Belfast NIreland
“A Fabulous experience”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My daughter and I decided to push the boat out on a recent trip to Menton in May . We booked a table in Mirazur by email and had a wonderful view of the Mediterranean. We both had the Carte Blanche Menu where we put ourselves in the hands of the Chef. My daughter is a vegetarian so they catered for her with some exquisite vegetable dishes. I tried foie gras and sweetbreads for the first time and had no regrets. We had 10 amazing courses each and were made very welcome by the friendly and helpful staff. We were at our table for three and a half hours in total.
It certainly was an evening to remember.

• Visited May 2013
BUENOS AIRES
“AN INCOMPLETED EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

With my wife, we are fans of gastronomic and wine experiences. As we were planning a trip to Europa for mid 2013, we started in January to make our reservations. One place we wanted to go was restaurant Mirazur in Menton, France only a few meters off the italian border. The chef, two stars Michelin, from Argentina was suddenly in the gastronomic comments and we wanted to be there. We adjusted with enough time our itinerary and made a reservation for June 16th. We arrived, early for us, at 8pm to see the marvelous views of Menton city from the restaurant windows. Really very nice views that change every minute with the night falling and the lights of Menton starting to shine. The reception was ok, there were two argentinian sommeliers with pretty well knowledge and excellent treat. Before we placed our order, we had the pleasure to meet Mauro Colagreco, the chef/owner. There are several chefs in Buenos Aires that we both know and this was a very pleasant chat. Later we started to taste the excellent preparations that were offered to us. My wife had the Menu Decouverte that consists of four different courses and mine, which name I don't remember, of six different offers. One better than the other. I can't describe exactly because they told at the beginning that we were going to have a print a copy of the surprises the chef prepared for each menu, but we didn't receive it. There were local fishes, duck and other delicious preparations.

After the third of my wife course and the fifth of mine arrived the first dessert. We told them that there was missing one course for each of us. First they recognize that there had been a mistake but, after a long period of time were we had no notice of what was happening, the maitre, I supposed he was, approached to our table to tell us that the four and six courses included the two desserts that they were to present to us. This was not true. This was a silly excuse, first because previously other people from the staff recognized the mistake, and second, a question of mathematics. If two desserts were included in the two menues, we received and additional course each. Two desserts in a four course menu leaves only two meal offers and my wife had three. The same for my six course menu. I received five instead of four courses as the maitre suggested.

An excellent gastronomic experience ruined by a very bad way of handling this situation. And, at the end Colagreco did not show up. We believed he wasn't informed of what happened.

Mirazur was recently added to the gourmet restaurants by Relais & Chateaux and this group of hotels and restaurants characterizes for its 5 C's. In this case, one was missing: courtoisie

Boston, Massachusetts
“Was fantastic”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I do not understand why some people had a problem with this restaurant other to say they they like to give bad reviews. My friend and I made a special excursion to Menton from Nice via private car to celebrate his birthday. We were not disappointed, at all. Was it expensive? YES. Did we know that going in? YES. Did it disappoint? NO. It was fun. Quirky. And sweet. The staff, while, with some language barriers, were kind and lovable. Yep, lovable. I could not have asked for a better experience for our last meal on the south of France.

1 Thank tenajroc