“French/Italian Cuisine at This National Border Town”
Review of Le Nautic

Le Nautic
Reserve with
Le Nautic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #216 of 274 Restaurants in Menton
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Venice, Italy
“French/Italian Cuisine at This National Border Town”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We recently had a delightful lunch at Le Nautic Restaurant, located in Menton, close to the French and Italian borders. The day was sunny and warm, with a gentle breeze coming off the Mediterranean, so we ate at one of the tables situated outdoors. We arrived a little late for lunch, at 2 p.m., so the wait staff wasn't too thrilled to see us. Nevertheless they provided attentive, professional service throughout our meal.

The menu included an interesting combination of French and Italian seafood based recipes. Since I reside in Italy, I was looking for something French. I started with a half dozen raw oysters that were served on a bed of crushed ice, accompanied by brown bread slices and vinaigrette on the side. I tend not to mask the wonderful flavors of the sea with hot sauces or other toppings, adding just a sprinkle of lemon juice before letting the shucked oysters slide out of their "homes" into my mouth. They were indeed tasty and a treat for me.

I was in the mood for Bouillabaisse, one of the specialties at Le Nautic, however it seemed to be greatly over-priced and only available for two people. I ended up ordering a Seafood Stew that featured a variety of shrimp, langoustines, mussels, clams, fish fillets and squid. The portion size was generous and the broth was excellent. Toasted slices of baguette came in handy for dunking. Beware, this dish can be a disaster on white shirts, so do cover yourself with an extra napkin.

My guests each made selections from a fixed menu comprised of a starter, an entree and a dessert. The crab salad was popular, as were the stuffed baked mussels prepared with basil and breadcrumbs. The shrimp topped with a curry sauce and a side of rice was not very good.

Most of the items on Le Nautic's menu were quite pricey, but there is something for everyone's price range. Our meal, plus a bottle of Muscadet, totaled 122 euros. I would return here the next time I visit Menton.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Mirto56

“Great Loup (sea bass) en Sel”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Looking for a restaurant in Menton on Fete of Lemon and Orange on a Sunday was challenging considering the thousands of tourists in town and no reservation. Finding this one was relief, and having Loup en Sel for two which was so tasty and fresh that I still feel it under my teeth without having to pay a fortune for it?

2 Thank Tamim K
New York City, New York
“Good choice for great seafood”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Fantastic seafood restaurant with a pleasant outside terrace overlooking the Bastion. Have been to Le Nautic on numerous occasions and the food has never disappointed. I am particularly partial to the cold octopus salad and any of the smoked fish. Also, a plus is the outstanding service. Even though I only visit Menton annually, the waiter remembers me from year-to-year and greets me like a long lost brother. Yes, it's a bit pricey. So, my recommendation is to go for lunch, when the menu is a bit more budget friendly and get one of the many daily specials.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Il_Magiatore
Toronto
“OK. Just.”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

alwaysthesamealwaysthesamealwaysthesame. You know the kind: fairly pricey seafood eatery right by the water in the Old Town. Service is OK. Just. Food same. Great view, compromised by having to be on alert for mosquitoes, even late into season. Search to find locals eating at nearby tables. There don't seem to be many......the bill comes. YIKES!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank zebecToronto
New Ross, Ireland
“Looked promising but the result was disappointing”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This restaurant is in a great position close to the beach in Menton. The menu offers a good range of fish and sea-food but the food lacked freshness and flavour. Other Dirers were eating large sea food platters and seemed satisfied with what they were eating but we were disappointed with our meal.

• Visited October 2011