Very bad hotel except receptionist Silvia!!!
1.First of all, i have to complain about absence of blinds in the room considering the fact that the room which was offered to us was lighted by the hotel luminous sign. I had to use the bed cover to construct the blinds because the hotel sign was throwing light inside the room and it looked as if it were the day time (though it was almost midnight when we arrived).
2.We did not manage to drop the curtain outside the balcony because it got stuck. The conditioner did not function.
3. Pascal, the receptionist, was very angry with my friend and I, who demanded to change the room. He didn't understand English at all because he is illiterate, and he didn't speak good French as he is just stupid. I was heard well enough of bad service in France, but the the manner Pascal communicated was beyond any expectation! We could change the room only next morning after the arrival thanks to Elenia.
4. On the last day of our staying at 8.40 we were awaken (the 3d and the 4th floor guests) by the drilling sound cominf from upstairs. The maid who was cleaning the room next to us told us that it was some other organisation (not the hotel) who were doing some construction/maintainance works. Is it ok that the hotel guests have to be awaken by the noise at such an early hour?????????? Maybe according to the French legislature 8.40 is ok for starting building and construction works, but not for tourists. The hotel had to have negotiated it earlier!!!!
5. On top of it all, for the date of the departure a mini van was booked for us by Silvia (who deserves special thanks for her best service I've ever had in my life- I've travelled to 13 European countries up to now) and we were expected to be brough to Nice airport at 4.30 a.m. (my friend I was sharing the room with and one more friend who was staying in single room). When we went downstairs at 4.25 a.m. (with my friend I was sharing the room with) we found our 3d friend, who was already there, in a perplexion. She said the mini van had gone.... The driver arrived beforehand, found her alone and started to lift her suitcase when she exclaimed he took it by the wrong side. He dropped her suitcase, went to the receptionist, exchaned with him several words and... left for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you imagine the situation of 3 ladies left alone in the night city of Menton (no cars at all at night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) expecting a back flight from Nice airport in 2.5 hours??????? We find the situation extremely awful!!!! The old receptionist told us that my friend who was first to receive the mini van driver told him smth in a bad manner. Whatever she told him (we are 3 the Unversity professors in Moscow Lomonosv University, we cannot be so rude for the driver to leave so soon without service!!!) he shouldn't have left 3 ladies alone at night in Menton!!!!! The pld receptionist ordered us an ordinary taxi but 45 min later, and we paid as twice more (125 EUR) to Nice airport as we could have paid for the mini van (61 EUR)!!!!!!!!!!!
6. The noise of cars will wake you up till 4 a.m., after 4 a.m. only some bikes will disturb your sleep till 6 a.m. So you will have no sleep at all. As between 4 and 6 a.m. the sea gulls will have a meeting near the hotel. And there arrogant cried will also keep you awake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Chambord offers you a central and calm location at the same time. Between the Casino and the tourist office, at 100 meters far from the sea, all our rooms are totally renovated in 2014. Air conditioning and soundproof. Free wifi. Private underground garage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Chambord reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chambord Hotel Menton