“a nice walk to the beech” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Cannes Mandelieu

and 1 more site!
Comfort Suites Cannes Mandelieu
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“a nice walk to the beech”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a new place, so very clean, but a bit spars. The staff are very smile, helpful, and nothing was to much trouble. They's a pool, and half the rooms look over the river.It has a laundry in the main block, a kitchenette in the room, and a balcony. Its very peaceful without being to far from anywhere, and Its only a short walk next to the river to the sea. This is very well placed, and excellent value for what i think is the best area in this part of France.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was a bit doubtful about staying here after some of the reviews that I had read on Trip Advisor, however we really liked the accommodation. We had emailed prior to arriving to request a double 'normal' bed so we would not get a 'pull out' bed, which was acknowledged and arranged with no problems.
We requested 2 key cards 'just in case' one did not work and made sure we did not put them next to our credit cards which would affect them working (I've been caught out many a time at Premier Inns for this happening!).
Reception were always there when needed (and lent us a loo roll as we didn't realise we should be supplying our own!).
The underground parking is brilliant.
They have loungers round the pool now which is nice.
The air conditioning was a bonus.
The shower was excellent (powerful) and we always had hot water whenever we used it.
It would have been helpful if the accommodation was sign posted from the main Road as the silly sat nav on the hire car would not acknowledge the address!
All in all a good place to stay, clean and in a nice quiet area. The accommodation is not expensive but for the price, I felt that we had a good deal :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jumo2k
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed here for five nights in June, used as a base for some travelling. It was cheap, comfortable and modern. Intermittent reception, fortunately, didn't affect us. Although I did go to reception area one evening to access email, without the plastic room key, which also allows access to the block, so getting back to our room was problematic and depended on the arrival of another guest to that block.
Wifi access only at reception and was very hit or miss.
For such a modern building, we were without any water in our whole block for a whole morning.
No room service and onus on you to leave the room clean and tidy to avoid cleaning charges also seemed a bit strange for a holiday rental.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Firstly, there is no 24 hour reception, and this is just an accident waiting to happen. I was staying at the complex for the Cannes Film Festival arrived back at the apartment at 5.to find that my key card would not work. No one from the staff was ever able to tell me how this happened, but my key card had somehow been completely blanked and was effectively a useless piece of plastic. So I was locked out of my room in the middle of the night. Fortunately I was totally sober and so able to deal with the situation – God knows what would have happened if I’d been drunk.

After calling the Appart’City company's number numerous times and raising the alarm, a member of staff finally, reluctantly, gave me the code for their night safe and I was able to access a different room and get at least some sleep. I say some sleep, because I was woken up from that room at eleven by a staff member with no idea of what was going on. It had taken until 7am to sort out the mess and get into any room at all, so at that point I had had very little sleep. At that point I went to reception, explained the situation (again) and finally got a replacement room key. No one from the staff ever apologised in the slightest for what had been an exhausting, frightening and frankly risky experience for a lone female traveller.

I've stayed in hotels and apartments all over the world and have never before been locked out of my room for hours on end. And I seriously hope it never happens again, to me or anyone else. But I believe it will, because I see on Trip Advisor that I'm not the first guest this has happened to, and no doubt I won't be the last.

An apartment complex or hotel needs to have 24 hour cover on reception if there is ANY chance that someone's key can fail like mine did. It's not fair, reasonable or safe to have a guest locked out and having to make endless phone calls in the middle of the night. Apart from anything else, what if someone is locked out and needs to take diabetic or other medication? I’m making an official complaint to the French tourist authority about this shambles of an operation – in the meantime, I’m appealing to anyone reading this to take my advice and avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank 741EilishM

Travelers are raving about these Mandelieu-la-Napoule hotels

Keerbergen, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights during the cannes film festival. We arrived late at night, so the reception was closed but we got instructions through e-mail to get our key. All went smoothly and we parked the car in the spacious underground garage. Breakfast in the morning is served as a buffet with pastries, croissants, bread, cheeses, ham, coffee, orange juices,etc. Simple but clean and totally worth spending 9,50 euro. Our apartment on the ground floor had a small kitchenette, completely equipped even with a mini dishwasher. The bathroom was very spacious with a shower, wash basin and a toilet. Towels were in the room as well as bed linen. The living area had twin beds and a desk with internet access and a TV. It's brand new and very clean. The walls are thick enough, so you won't be bothered by loud neighbours. I would recommend this place as a great pied-à-tierre for everyone who wants to discover Cannes and surroundings.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We payed $375 for 3 nights here during the cannes film festival and I thought that was such a great deal considering everything else was asking about that for 1 night. When I read the fine print I realized why they were so cheap. They have reception hours. Meaning you can only check-in at certain times. Monday to Friday from 8-12 and then again from 3 to 8 because apparently they need a 3 hour lunch break. Then on Saturday from 8 to 12 and 2 to 5. They're completely closed on Sundays. If you don't know you're going to show up after they close you can't get in. Such was our case, our train broke down from Barcelona to Cannes 5 different times and we didn't get in until after midnight and had to go to a different hotel for the night. We payed euro 119 for the night on top of the euro 285 we already paid for this hotel. Once you book it it isn't refundable. The place is really nice once you're inside so my sister and I didn't complain. We were even surprised because there's a kitchenette and a decent bed, although it's a pull-out bed, once you lay in it for a little bit it actually gets comfortable. There isn't wifi in the rooms only an ether-net cable. If you want to do your laundry you have to make sure you get tokens for it before they close, we made that mistake, we didn't realize you needed tokens and not coins. They don't even have a machine in the laundry room to get coins once they close. There is absolutely no way for you to do your laundry on Sunday unless you get coins the day before. They also turn off the heat at night. It's abnormally cold in Cannes right now, May 24 to the 27th 2013 is when we stayed. I'm literally sitting in the room right now writing this review because I just got out of the shower. Why do you ask? I was in it for 3 minutes and I'm assuming when the heat is turned off that means so is the water heater because the water turned freezing cold mid-shower, I had just put shampoo in my hair. I realized then why there was a towel warmer in the bathroom. I am so pissed off it isn't even funny. I'm even thinking about shortening my trip and leaving tonight despite already paying for the room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

£165 per night!.. Stayed here whilst on business for the MIPIM event, busier than the film festival prices were hiked up, the room is clean, large and functional but the bed was just a sofabed, very uncomfortable and noisy as you turned over. in 4 nights did not have a good nights sleep. in addition the reception is not 24h which I would expect at this price. I broke my door card and had to sleep in another room after calling their helpline who directed me to another key. NOT IDEAL. in addition breakfast was not included in this room rate!. on the plus side it's in a nice quiet location and there are lots of electrical sockets in the room and the staff when available were excellent.
put a proper bed in and include the breakfast and this would be an excellent accommodation.

Room Tip: If you stay here make sure you get a room with a real bed.