I was due in Cannes for some meetings and decided to stay here, although a 20 minute or so drive into Cannes it wasn't too bad in terms of commuting.
My first impression of the hotel was it was in poor condition, most likely having been built in the 1970's, it has been neglected.
The name of the hotel gives the impression of a grand casino that one might see in a James Bond movie, but don't be fooled the Casino is a series of slot machines that run 24 hours a day in the basement. When I visited it was filled with men and women in their late 70's who perhaps regularly gambled here in their 30's when the place was actually in keeping with the times, and who perhaps come to reminisce in their Zimmer frames and walking sticks.
The basement boasts a gym too, there is only an exercise bike in this gym no treadmills, and a few weight machines, the gym is was very very cold when I went in there, it was March and sunny outside but the gym felt like it was sub zero, there are no showers in this gym, no towels, it looks like it is very rarely used. Had nice views of the sea though.
In fact most of the hotel had nice views of the sea.
Breakfast as a buffet was limited in choice but the staff were reasonably polite.
The signature for me to this hotel is the lifts, they are padded with some kind of leather hybrid material which lets off a rather distinct odour. As my colleague put it, the lifts smell as though a smelly sweaty builder has come in with his clothes off after a long hot day and rubbed his body all over the walls of the lifts. The smell in these lifts are something I will not forget in a hurry. Yuck.
The floor we stayed on was the top floor which had a mouldy smell....and sleeping was hard, it was always noisy outside, we could hear ambulances / emergency services all night.
All in all the hotel was not one I would choose to stay in again, we paid 524 EURO per room per night to stay here, in general it felt like I was in a time warp from the 1970s..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Hotel&Resort is situated on the beach facing the bay of Cannes, on the French Riviera, 25minutes from Nice International Airport.Our 213 rooms and Suites, nicely refurbished on a contemporary design are all equiped with a private terrace, en suite bathroom, high quality bedding, mini bar, TV 16/9, tea and coffee facilities, safe, free WIFI.The Resort provides a full service 24/24 : restaurant, bars, Casino, private sandy beach, swimming pool, fitness room, tennis courts, night club, conference center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, ACCOR, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Hotel Mandelieu La Napoule
- Pullman Mandelieu La Napoule
- Accor Mandelieu La Napoule
- Sofitel Mandelieu La Napoule
- Mandelieu La Napoule Sofitel