“Surprised to read any poor reviews”
Review of Bijou Plage

Bijou Plage
Reserve with
Bijou Plage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 187 Restaurants in Juan-les-Pins
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups
Description: Face aux Iles de Lerins, au bord de l'eau sa plage pour profiter d'un repas, poissons grilles, plats mediterraneens, bouillabaisse, fruits de mer...
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I was surprised to see, at time of writing, that this restaurant is now halfway down Tripadviser rankings. When I’m in the South of France I sometimes make a special trip to Juan Les Pins to lunch at Bijou Plage, which is legendary with the locals. I first discovered it in the 1990’s when I was trying to decide upon which restaurant to visit for lunch and the only one surrounded by parked cars (and also packed inside) was Bijou Plage and so in we went and it was fantastic. My most recent visit was last May, once again for lunch. Not quite as fantastic as it used to be but still my best lunch by far that trip.

Give it a try and if booking insist on a table on the raised section, to the left of the main entrance/bar. It is the original area and is far better than the newer addition to the right and down a few steps as you enter from outside.

There are newer reviews for Bijou Plage

Reviewed November 1, 2011

My wife and I were treated to Sunday lunch at the Bijou Plage by some friends. We all had the 34 euro set menu which has four courses. The first course was an amuse bouche which was tasty and fairly substantial. The entree had a range of options. I chose the Assortiment d'Asie and my wife had the soupe de poisson; both excellent. For the main course (le plat) I had Duo de Saumon & Gambas au Citron Vert & Gingembre and my wife had Filet de Loup Polé au Jus de Coquillages. Excellent again. I had one of my favourite desserts - an ile flottante. This was all accompanied by a good bottle of local Provence wine. Although the beach part was closed as it was out of season, the restaurant is fully glazed on the seaward side which affords lovely views across the bay while the food is enjoyed. The staff were efficient and attentive without being overbearing. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Kentishchap
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I have come to Juan les Pins for 5 years in a row. I went to Bijou Plage at least twice a year.

The food was very good.

Now, it seems they changed the chef. The result: horrible. S/he tries to be original, and mixes fruit with fish with horrible results and very low quality (kilos of syrup in the sauce).

They brought toasted bread for a pate. If you call the sanitation authorities, they'd close the place: the bread was 1 month old, and not even toasted.

To make things better, the rudeness of ALL the waiters is unbelievable (in the past it used to be just the Manager/Owner the one who mistreated customers; now even the waitress didn't want to explain the specials twice - in French, which I speak by my wife doesn't -).

Anyways: if you want a beach, go there.

If you want food, find a restaurant. This is not a restaurant anymore: just a piece of low quality junk.

3  Thank GTAOttawa_Canada
Reviewed December 29, 2009

This has been a favourite for about 5 years, but this summer we had a poor meal, made worse be telling our friends what a treat they were in store for. The food was in the main poorly cooked, and service disinterested. Alterations have taken place to the room, so perhaps ownership has changed. A great shame.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Cannes, France
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Good food, little bit expensive, nice beach.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook