“Service Extrodinaire!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Juan-les-Pins
London
“Service Extrodinaire!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in this lovely hotel. The place is clean and simple. Don't let the 2 star rating set you off! The personal service and quality is awesome. Patricia and her staff couln't do enough for you. They recommended local restaraunts, that were reasonably priced and within walking distance. I had my laptop with me and was given wireless access at no charge. We paid 68 euros a night and 6.50 E for breakfast and ate in the adorable terrace. As I mentioned, there is nothing fancy about it -but a friendly, clean and safe place to stay.. Don't hesitate!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Virginia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

My daughter and I stayed here in June and the hotel management was so friendly! They made us feel at home and gave us great restaurant recommendations. It is a block off of the beach area, but just a short walk and you're there. Excellent beaches in this area, beautiful sand -- the hotel recommended a private beach that was very nice and less expensive than some others.
Great value, not high end, but can't beat the location, price and staff!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Vantaa, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2009

I stayed at Eden for 3 nights at high season with my spouse. I have heard about hotel from my friends who have stayed there for many times. Only 2 stars, but I haven't meet so good service at any hotel, even with 5 stars. I travel many times a year mostly in Europe. Very clean room was at 1 st floor and viewed to the sea. It was rather tiny with tiny toilet, but everything worked. And the air conditioning was super! The breakfast was modest (bread, coffee and juice), but it included at very reasonable price, 96 euros/night. Patricia was very helpful and friendly, also her parents. I really would go there again and would recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Barcelona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2008

BEWARE WHEN RESERVING THIS HOTEL! I made a reservation to this hotel after a friend had stayed there. They confirmed the reservation, and asked for my credit card details. They don't take American Express, so I gave them my VISA card details.

Out of courtesy, I later told them that I would be arriving late, as my flight landed late - 22.30h. They then contacted me to say it was too late, so they had cancelled my reservation!! When I asked them to charge the card now so they could be sure I would arrive, they were very, very unfriendly and refused to help. I told them that if they charged the card now, the room was already paid, so they had nothing to lose! They then said that they did not pre-charge cards (why do they ask for them as guarantees in the first place?) and that the reservation was cancelled.

I told them that I had only mentioned my late arrival time to help them, and as they hadn't asked me for it, I asked them what they would have done if I had arrived at that time and would they have given the room to someone else? They didn't answer, just saying the reservation was cancelled.

I travel constantly, and to hotels all over the world. This has never, ever happened to me, and I think it's very important other travellers are aware of this. If you arrive late, there probably won't be a room there for you. Also, if the service I received when making the booking is anything to go by, then I would avoid this hotel at all costs, as their attitue seems absolutely terrible.

Stayed September 2008
8 Thank MikeinBarcelona
Austin, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2008

We stayed at Hotel Eden in Juan-les-Pins for 2 weeks in July 2008.

The hotel is very quaint and nice, with a great location. The people that run the hotel, Mrs. Patricia and her parents, are exceptional and really make your hotel stay enjoyable.

Breakfast is served every morning in the courtyard starting at 8AM. It consists of freshly baked croissants and bread, butter and assorted jams, orange juice, and your choice of hot chocolate, coffee, or tea. We had the hot chocolate everyday but our son had milk. The breakfast costs 6E but is free for children.

The hotel room is small and the bathroom is very small, but I am used to American standards. There is air conditioning in the hotel rooms, and it works very well. There is a thermostat that controls the temperature. There is no air conditioning in the common areas, but it is not really needed as the climate is mild in Juan-les-Pins and breakfast is eaten outside anyway.

The price we paid was 100E for 2 adults and a child. This was far cheaper than most other hotels on the Riviera in high season, so I think we got a great deal.

The location absolutely cannot be beaten. We had a view of the Mediterranean from our window, and it is only one block from the sea. The train station is literally 5 minutes walk away and the bus stop for the bus that goes to Nice is only 10-15 minutes walk away.

You may wonder, then, why I would give this place 3 stars instead of 4 or 5? Well, this is why. When you go to the beach, sand gets everywhere, including on the bed, especially when you have children.

In the two week period we were there, I believe they only changed the sheets once. So, if you are staying at Juan-les-Pins for a couple of nights, it is great. However, if you are staying 2 weeks, you may not want to go into a bed filled with sand almost everyday.

Second thing is the shower. It would alternate between freezing cold and burning hot. It also had low pressure. This is also a concern because after you are all sandy from the beach, you definitely want a nice hot shower (but not scalding hot) to clean off the sand.

Third is the toilet. There was some plumbing issue where (a) you had to flush twice for #2, (b) the toilet would intermittently run unless you fiddled with it, and (c) anytime anyone else would flush, toilet water would be splashed up in the toilet (and you could hear this in the other room). Our son was actually scared at night of this and we had to leave the bathroom door closed. Also, my wife and I got "splashed" several times while using the toilet. This is not a pleasant experience.

Normally for a hotel with these problems, I would give 1 star, but the quality of the hotel management and the good breakfast and good location overcome these plumbing issues.

If this hotel was updated with modern plumbing, I might have give 4 or 5 stars.

• Liked — location, breakfast, hosts (Mrs. Patricia)
  • Disliked — plumbing issues
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank crazyAustin
Santa Fe NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2007

The Eden was so modestly priced compared to other places we stayed in France that we hesitated making the booking - surely it was going to be a bit down trodden. However, the outstanding reviews here and the huge positives on the Venere site persuaded us to give it a try. The reviews are spot on -- the Eden delivers a lot for the price and is a good place to stay if you are going to be in the Antibes-Juan les Pins area.

Foremost is the friendliness of the owner and her family. They provided a warm greeting and one of the most unusual and pleasurable receptions we’ve ever had -- first they moved their own car so we could park at the hotel and unload our luggage; then later gave up a different parking space nearby, where we could leave our car for free for the entire time we were in Juan les Pins! This was service beyond compare, and it continued every day -- nothing was held back.

The hotel itself is very good for an economy accommodation. It is well kept up and nicely decorated. The rooms are not large, and the bathroom is tiny (well laid out), but everything was very clean. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. Some of the Venere reviews mentioned some noise issues, but we found the noise level from the street was virtually nil with the window shut, and occasional noise from halls and adjoining rooms was minor quite within acceptable bounds. The view of the sea from our room was a pleasure, and it was nice to reach the beach with only a short one block walk. Breakfast was very good, inexpensive, and on a pleasant terrace; one day we added to it with a pastry bought from the bakery downstairs! An elevator would have been nice, but our hosts handled the luggage, so that was a trivial concern when everything else was so good.

This was the least fancy place we stayed on our trip, but extraordinary for its friendliness and value.

• Liked — Friendly reception, low price
  • Disliked — No elevator, but not a problem
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank SantaFeUser
norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2007

This charming hotel is situated spot on downtown Juan les Pins, one block from the beach. Some of the rooms have a view of the sea between a couple of bigger buildings. This, however, is a small building; a classic, family run, old but well kept city hotel. The staff is absolutely fantastic. Don't miss the breakfast in the garden.

Stayed July 2005
1 Thank b4bu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Juan-les-Pins
Le Petit Castel
#6 of 48 in Juan-les-Pins
La Villa
La Villa
#5 of 48 in Juan-les-Pins

Been to Hotel Eden? Share your experiences!