“Good service and price for the location”
Review of Da Mario - CLOSED

Da Mario
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh and homemade Cuisine. The chef offers a true Italian cuisine and also a tasty traditional French Méditerranéen cuisine, Pasta is truly aldente, every sauces including for pizza are homemade as well our deserts. The pizza dough is handmade with natural leaven (also take away). Check the Specials from the day, includive Tapas.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We just stopped by for rosevin on a classic walk by the ocean.
We had a very good wine at a resonable price.
After a while we decided to try their omelett wich was okey in my opinion.
Their service are at a very high level.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were just stopping through and randomly picked the place. There were five of us. It was a nice surprise. The food and service turned out to be much better than the usual strip restaurants on the promenades in many of these Cote d'Azur cities. Three of us had "Nonna's Lasagna" made with a bechamel sauce and three cheeses, small cube. My husband had grilled dorade (a type of sea bass or sea bream) that was delicious with no bones and our cousin's husband had a steak which he gobbled down, with sauteed potatoes. Four of us had the cafe gourmand for dessert with small tastes of panna cotta, chocolate mousse and tiramisu, the latter of which had a strange flavor, but the rest were good. The chef came out to speak to us and it was a nice touch that tells me this is a regular restaurant and not just a tourist stop. The only disappointment was the "rose' wine and pomplemousse" (grapefruit), a traditional drink in France, but which was mostly juice.

1  Thank HdWker
Reviewed August 27, 2013

had enough haut cuisine and fancying something straightforward? The service was relaxed and attentive. The 'famous' lasagne was generous and tomatoey with tiny cubes of ham, bits of beef and lots of cheese. Comfort food. The cod with chorizo was tasty and fresh. Chef says hello which is a nice touch.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We live in Juan Les Pins and had seen the write ups about Da Mario particularly about the Linguini with prawns which has been raved about and pictured so on Sunday we decided to try it.

I had a pizza as I was in a hurry and had to leave mid lunch and while the Italian ingredients were used there were puddles of water on the pizza which really turns me off.

My partner had the Linguini which we had heard so much about.... Unfortunately with no explanation he was served quite a small serving of Penne pasta with an average cream sauce and three whole Prawns. With that the manager walked off. The Pasta was a real let down. We really should have been told about the substitution of pasta.

Not sure I will be rushing back for these reasons.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went to Da Mario's following our hotel advise. It turned out to be an excellent pick, my kids and wife had pizza's ans I must say probably among the best we had, the margherita and four cheeses were just delicious! I went for one of the specials, the linguine pescatore, superb! What else to say, the home made deserts are also to die for.