“Mixed feelings”

Ti Toques
Ranked #3 of 187 Restaurants in Juan-les-Pins
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Genre : Restaurant de cuisine traditionnelleEn bref : Charmant petit resto. Carte variee allant de la viande de race a une variete de plats vegetariens. Excellentes bieres belges, vins au verre et degustation de rhums agricoles martiniquais.
Reviewed April 11, 2013

After reading the other reviews I decided to venture to Ti Toques and see for myself what the restaurant was like.

I felt like the restaurant was trying to be part bistro part fine dining and the music did make me feel like I was trapped in an elevator with the other diners eating in silence.

The owners seem to be a friendly couple although they did not interact with us that much and we had to signal whenever we wanted something else. The food was fresh and simple for the starter I had the Thai sweet chili sticks which were actually Japanese Yakatori sticks with a side of sweet chilli sauce. For the main I had a minute steak which was not the best and a very average mixed leave salad on the side. My partner had the caesar which was quite disappointing for the price and had pre prepared chicken pieces... We had asked some specific questions about the menu and food and we did get some quite ambiguous answers.

I did see some other meals come out the steak and a fish dish and they did look quite good with large servings of chips and salad... maybe we both just made the wrong choice.

The desert was delicious a pineapple carpaccio I felt compelled to choose the most expensive item because I felt I had been ripped off with the size and quality of my steak.

If you are looking for a basic meal steak or seafood then it is okay and I do agree with others that this restaurant has an unusually higher rating and position on here for the area.

1  Thank Benjamin B
There are newer reviews for Ti Toques

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Juan has lots of very average restaurants but if you just fancy a simple steak and chips washed down with a glass or two of wine this little backstreet resto run by a friendly couple is a good choice.

1  Thank katrinaChester
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I came for the first time in this restaurant with high expectations because i had seen the reviews on trip advisor and also heard from my friend who went there twice that the food was really good . I am disappointed by the overall experience. Owners are nice but i found the plates overpriced. I am a big scallops fan, so i decided to try the scallop wok on recommendation of the chef. It was surprisingly big scallops, but what bothered me most is the fact that there were cooked in so much oil, and the whole plate wasn't very tasty with no vegetables or anything aside... My friend had some pasta that i found very oily too… Finally i still believe this place has potential but its definitely over-priced. I am curious to go back but i found it too expensive for the quality of the food provided so i probably won't. For desert, i had the "Mit-cuit au chocolate'' which is the typical french chocolate desert cake supposed to be half cooked with melted hot chocolate inside and usually served with vanilla ice-cream. AGAIN i was disappointed by the quality of the food. They bring it to me in less than 2 minutes which mean it wasn't fresh at all… And it didn't taste fresh. There were not much hot melted chocolate inside it was a bit dry compared to the real delicious and fresh "Mi-cuit au chocolate". The vanilla ice-scream didn't have much flavor either, probably coming from a poor quality-cheap industrial brand. Conclusion: " Restaurant is "okay", nice service, but definitely overpriced for the quality of the food. I still had a good time but i felt "ripped off" a little bit. I saw they have deals on menu at lunch time so don't go for dinner as i did.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

A nice restaurant, looks like family owned, small and very simple. The chef was coming out to check on every course.
Menu not big, wine list even smaller. But the food we had was good.
Reasonably priced for the town. On balance - a nice option for a casual dinner.

1  Thank meTatyana
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We visited this restaurant after finding it on trip adviser and it wasn't a disappointment,, we had a lovely meal, served by very friendly staff in a relaxed atmosphere. I would highly recommend a visit.

1  Thank ThereseClynes