“Very average for Thai food”

Restaurant Le Mai Thai
Ranked #56 of 187 Restaurants in Juan-les-Pins
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Had a meal one evening on our holidays. The food was fine and we could eat it but it was not up to the normal authentic thai standard that we are used to. We have eaten in many thai restaurants here in Ireland, Scotland, Europe and the U.S. When on holidays you want to experience something special and this restaurant was not good. I normally write all positive reviews but in this instance I have to advise other holiday makers to avoid this one to avoid disappointment.To be fair the service was good but I could not believe it when I saw a few dogs being allowed into the restaurant while their owners dined. Also there were people smoking near to us when was annoying to say the least. On another evening we decided to get a quick take out as we were exausted from our days touring.......again it was of very poor quality and overpriced.....the same price as sitting in the restaurant.... basic rice overpriced. Just stay clear of this place.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Le Mai Thai

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I holiday a lot in Thailand so I decided to treat myself to a nice Thai meal when I happened upon this establishment in Juan les Pins. I figured the food would be top notch as the menu was pricy and the staff were Thai. Boy was I disappointed with my meal. Portions were small and the quality was poor to medicore. Prices were extremely high and the ingredients really basic. They must be running a gross margin of 90% or above. They would not rate 2** as a restaurant in Thailand. Won't be back.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Good value. Excellent service. A very good Thai meal. The staff (who I think also own the restaurant) were both helpful and humorous. An enjoyable evening.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Quick lunch.

Food was ok. Standard asian food. I heard ominous clings from the kitchen several times, so the food may have been made with microwave.

Service was a bit flegmatic. Polite enough, but didn't make me feel very wellcome.

The biggest thing was the price of the food. It was way too high for the overall quality. A lunch restaurant expecience with a price of a "real" restaurant.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Rude, expensive and overall the worst Thai I have ever eaten. It made me sick after getting off prawns, and when I complained about the rest of the terrible food I was told that I was wrong!!!!
Give a wide birth!