“WOW!”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Great new Mexican restaurant in the heart of Juan Les Pins
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Thank you reviewers for recommending this Mexican restaurant. We are massive fans of Mexican food and have to say that it was the best Mexican we have ever experienced. Lovely staff and a fabulous atmosphere. My only grudge would be that if you don't smoke, it can be a bit painful with tables close together and although technically outside it has a bamboo roof which contained the smoke. Unfortunately,we were surrounded with chain smokers. Would certainly return but would request a table on the pavement in the open air!

3  Thank joellebo
There are newer reviews for La Esquina

Reviewed July 26, 2012

When we arrived at La Esquina the staff were friendly and welcoming, the atmosphere was relaxed and we immediately felt comfortable. The food is very reasonably priced, I had the quesadillas, it was a big dish and only €9 and I had a taste of the burrito, both were delicious. The food came to a total of €20 for two people. We returned the next night with a friend and I tried the nachos, again very tasty. The drink prices are much cheaper than places nearby, and I would highly recommend trying one of their cocktails.

Will definitely be returning next time I am in Juan les Pins and am trying to find somewhere as good for Mexican food in Ireland!

2  Thank Ali K
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Spicy, good tasting, freshly prepared food - oh yes - and in a great location next to La Pinéde in Antibes - wonderful!
This area used to be a dead zone if you really wanted food with an authentic 'kick' - no longer.
All the usual suspects on a heavily Mexican influenced menu - our party sampled most of the menu items and all were hot, fresh, spicy and authentic. Tacos, Burittos, Nachos all supported by an excellent cocktail list and really cold beers including Negra Modello [my favourite beer so chapeau for that alone].
Friendly staff all controlled by an excellent Chef/Patron guarantee that you will be well looked after.
Cool decor and a chilled relaxed atmosphere all help make the evening fun.
This is going to be really popular so get there now whilst you can!

2  Thank Chris846
Reviewed July 1, 2011

La Esquina is a very cosy and comfortable place to go for a nice authentic spicy dinner. My boyfriend and I started with the nachos which were perfect and then I had 2 tacos and he had a burrito. Honestly neither one of us could finish but didn't want to stop because it just tasted so good. The atmosphere was also very fun with everyone chatting and having fun. We ended our meal with a shot of Patron which definately suited our tastes more than the traditional french shot of coffee. I would highly recommend as incredible food and really affordable.

1  Thank Jolie1111
Reviewed April 1, 2011

If you're in the South of France and missing the food, flavor and conversation of the Southwest US, this is the place for you!
Fusion tacos along with burritos, quesadillas, nacho plates & daily specials incorporate authentic tastes of the Southwest, Cali, and Mexico along with some interesting Korean & Latin flavors.
This is honestly the only place we have found that can offer you something "spicy" in the French Riviera.
The General Manager is French; however, he went to Monterey California when he was 4 and also spent time growing up in New York. How do I know all of this? He immediately greeted us and started a conversation! American Baseball was playing on the television and the crowd seemed friendly, hip and energetic.
The beers are very cold and they offer Corona and some other "South of the Border" favorites.
They fly in salsas, tortillas, spices, etc. from Mexico (Thank you Internet!) so they have the most authentic items that you can get. Mix that with the amazing seafood and vegetables in this part of the world and you have a wining combination!
Don't get me wrong, we love French food and the plethora of Italian food that we can also get here, but sometimes, you just really want a taco, a beer, and some baseball while having a conversation in English! We are both from the Midwest (Ontario CAN & Minnesota) but living in Phoenix AZ for nearly 15 years. We simply love the fact that we don't have to completely give up our Southwest flavors after moving here.
The atmosphere is definitely a reason to visit as well. Fun and lively with conversations in both English and French, you truly feel at home here.
We have already been back twice since the first visit 10 days ago for takeout as the food is very reasonably priced, fast and delicious.
We would recommend this place to Ex-Pats and locals alike. The food is great, the atmosphere is fun and the GM & staff are friendly and welcoming. Honestly, what else could you really want from a restaurant?

2  Thank Katherine L