All reviews kids club mobile home tennis courts indoor pool on site south of france fresh bread and pastries mattress protector high season kids play area aqua gym nearest beach each morning evening entertainment great position decent kitchen great campsite
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just returned from a week here staying through regency holidays, Rita and Peter where fantastic hosts and helped us settle in and find our way around the local area and attractions.
Beautiful setting with nice clean facilities and friendly people around the site including the staff would highly recommend thanks guys

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Daniel D, Directeur général at Holiday Green Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Bonjour
and thank you for your advise.
Happy to read that you did enjoy your stay with
Ho^pe to see you again

Reviewed September 8, 2019

Had a lovely week here. Plenty of sun beds around the pool .the grounds are lovely and staff friendly.
Few downsides : caravan wasnt very clean .
Stains all over mattress ..... disgusting
Strict rules at the pool no w
Swim shorts only speedos allowed.
Shop on site is expensive.

Room tip: It’s very steep so I wouldn’t recommend it t9 older clients
Date of stay: September 2019
Daniel D, Directeur général at Holiday Green Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2019

Bonjour and thank you for your message
proud to read that you did appreciate your stay with us
Hope to see you again in Fréjus

Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

Holiday Green is a great site and we would defo go back to this campsite again I would give it a 4 star rating but I want to use this review against booking through eurocamp so others don't make our mistake. Book direct with holiday green or another provider. Our eurocamp mobile was awful, wasnt clean and we did mention to the staff about the condition of the shower to no avail. The pictures speak for themself. Shower hadn't been cleaned in years, should not let out accommodation like that at all. Mobile was not clean, floors bogging, curtains where dirty or missing and not matching lengths. Shower awful, windows awful as well. Not looked after. No cleaning deposits on this site for eurocamp and they didnt check if cleaned before we left we just had to check our shelves out. We did however clearly leave this mobile in a better condition than what we got it in.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank samanthacoyl
Daniel D, Directeur général at Holiday Green Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2019

Bonjour and thank you for your message
unbfortunately, the note (2/5) will dammage our rank and not eurocamp rank
Hope to see you again on our site
Regards

Reviewed September 1, 2019

It’s not often that I leave a review for any venue – usually when they provide service above that expected. However, I feel obliged to warn people of the poor service we received at Holiday Green, Frejus.

Firstly, be under no illusion that 5 star rating means a 5 star service – the facilities were nowhere near the standards I would expect at a 5 star site, and other than a couple of notable exceptions the attitude of staff – including the site manager – was abysmal. I would say that the facilities at Holiday Green are 2 star at best, and the majority of staff would deserve a zero.

Further, the location is very poor: the site is situated next to an army barracks, away from anything of interest whatsoever. If you wish to visit Frejus you will need to use a car. There was no other alternative (there was no sign of any bus service, for example).

The site “restaurant” was poor – more of a burger joint than a restaurant. On the one night where things appeared to be improving – the widely publicised “moules & frites” night, we were confronted with a shrug and turned away as we were told that all tables had been booked – despite there being no notice of any need to book - and told to buy a burger from the poolside bar instead! Hardly 5 star service! The weekly programme of events we were handed on arrival (in English) made no mention of the need to book, so I found this appalling. Worse was to come when I saw the programme of events pinned up in the bar area – in French – DID mention the need to book. Clearly those who spoke English were not welcome that night.

The “entertainment” for another night was billed as a circus. Posters were placed throughout the camp, and starting times were placed on the programme of events. What they forgot to mention on any of this was that there would be an entrance fee of 10 Euros for adults and 8 Euros for children. We paid, as we had already promised our three year old son that he could go, and were astounded by what we saw: a Shetland pony with a very restrictive bridle being forced to run in circles and jump unnaturally – with a long whip being held to its side all the while, a Jack Russell being forced to perform – while having a whip waved in its direction at all times, a llama being forced to run and jump – again with a whip waved at it, and a goat being forced to stand on a stack of stools, ultimately ending up around 6 foot in the air on a stool 6 inches across – with the whip being tapped on its legs as a reminder of what may happen if it didn’t perform. The show was barbaric, and simply would not be allowed in the UK. As my three year old had been promised a circus we had no option but to stay, but I regret doing so.

We also experienced discriminatory service at the bar: I attempted to buy some water during one early evening, but was turned away by the single member of bar staff working there, who told me the bar was closed (despite every appearance of it being open). I sat on a nearby bench with my partner and three year old son, only to see another holidaymaker – a French man - approach the bar and be served with three beers! I therefore went back and asked the barmaid why she refused to serve me but had served him, to be met with a shrug of the shoulders yet again.

Things reached a head when, whilst swimming in the pool, I saw one of the lifeguards shouting at my three year old son and pregnant partner, who were sitting on the poolside sun loungers. I could see that she and my son were very distressed, so immediately got out of the pool to find out what was going on. It turned out the lifeguard was shouting at them as my son was eating an ice lolly bought from the poolside bar! Apparently he was enforcing a “rule” which says that children cannot eat ice lollies whilst sat on a sun lounger (this rule didn’t appear to apply to the many French children in the same area though). He eventually left, only for another so-called lifeguard (who I assume to be his line manager) to approach. I was expecting him to apologise for the conduct of his colleague – but again he started shouting and ranting. I could see no reason for his behaviour other than racial discrimination, and told him so – he then spewed out “F**k off!” and disappeared to the far side of the pool. 10 minutes later the “site manager” came across, so I told him exactly what had happened, in full view of those around us – and he denied his staff would behave that way! There were at least 50 witnesses would said otherwise! I then told him of the other discrimination we had experienced, which he seemed to take more seriously, but he still refused to shake my hand afterwards – all in all, he was as hopeless as his staff.

We had booked the site for 15 days, but decided to leave after 11 – we were so disappointed with the experience we booked into a hotel instead.
This experience has really left a bad taste in my mouth. We’ve been to France many, many times, and I can honestly say this is by far the worst place we have stayed. There were three staff members who we found to be pleasant and helpful though – the 2 ladies working in the shop and small supermarket, and the man who worked in the small petting zoo. They at least deserve some credit.

No doubt management will comment below to dispute these facts (as they have done with all previous examples of poor feedback), but don’t fall for it – book elsewhere.

Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank Christopher W
Daniel D, Directeur général at Holiday Green Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2019

Bonjour,
Astonishing to see that you took a month to leave this message ... Because we remember you and your lack of respect to the pool and on the different spots of the site.
So thank you for this "mood ticket".
We only hope that one day you will find your happiness on vacation. But it's not won!

Reviewed August 20, 2019 via mobile

Our family which included two boys aged 13 and 9 stayed at Holiday Green for two weeks in August 2019. If you’re looking for a base to explore the south of France then this is it. The location was perfect for visiting Cannes, St Tropez (ferry from St Maxine) and Monaco.

This is a relatively small park but with plenty of activities for the children. The animation team worked very hard and there is an extensive timetable of activities for all ages including football and tennis. Our boys made friends very quickly so spent their time in the pool rather than taking part in these activities.

One of the downsides for us was that the pool was exceptionally busy (unbearable at times) and the sunbeds tight together making it feel like sardines. The pool opens at 9am and it was never difficult finding a bed. If you did come down to the pool later in the day then it would be more of a challenge to find one. Occasionally at really busy times, a message goes over the tannoy telling people to ‘evacuate the pool’ and go to your bed’. Any bed that was unoccupied had their towels removed. This was a good idea but frustrating if you just wanted to pop back to your accommodation for a bite to eat. Inflatables are only allowed in the pool between 12-3pm and do Not not forget your buggie smugglers as you are not allowed to wear normal swim shorts in the pool.

We didn’t eat in the restaurant and found the drinks in the snack shop expensive. For instance a can of Coke would be three euros where it would be cheaper to buy a pack of 6 in the supermarket but I guess that this is standard on all holiday parks.

We didn’t watch any of the evening shows but caught part of one where the animation team did the ‘full monty’ dance, occasionally revealing all. We did feel that this was inappropriate taking in to consideration the amount of children watching.

There is a bar that shuts at 12.00 but you can get a drink after in the nightclub. The area around the table tennis tables and bar seemed to be a meeting place for smokers which was unpleasant and there really should be a designated smoking area especially when children are playing table tennis.

Many people that we spoke to went to holiday green year-on-year but for us we like to try somewhere different each year so we have no plans to go back that’s not to say that we didn’t enjoy ourselves.

Many thanks

Paul

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Woodmanafc
Daniel D, Directeur général at Holiday Green Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2019

Bonjour and thank your for all these comments
happy to read that your whole family did enjoy our site and our region : Cannes, St Tropez, Monaco.
Thank you for our Animation Team, for your comments concerning our pool and hope to see you maybe another time with us ....