“Well worth the money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Studio des Fragrances Galimard

Studio des Fragrances Galimard
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Come and create your own Perfume! During our workshop, you will discover how a fragrance is constructed. With the help of our Parfumeur and assistants, you will choose the ingredients on the organ to compose YOUR unique creation. 100Ml Eau de Parfum included. Booking necessary.
Frankfurt, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Well worth the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Grasse was recommended to me before I came here on holiday. I arrived at the studio with my two daughters at 1pm without an appointment but was told we could join a session at 4pm. We went for lunch at the place des aires (?) in the meantime.
The perfume creation session was very very good indeed and the instructor spoprofessional English. My girls (10 and 6) loved smelling all the fragrances and mixing them. I guess there are about 20 different potions in a bottle. At the end they received certificates and we did (reluctantly) buy perfume bottles at 12 euros each which do look highly professional with labels with their chosen brands on.
My elder daughter is devastated because one has to wait 2 weeks until it can be used.
Certainly an unforgettable experience and leaving with your own personalised perfume is a big reward.
Not cheap but worthwhile.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Debschen1

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Chartley, Massachusetts
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Perhaps the Best Travel Activity Our Teenage Girls Have Experienced Abroad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We just came back from a week in the South of France. As a family travelling together it is tough to find activities that entertain, engage, and educate teenage girls. This activity delivered on all fronts.

Presented with limitless possibilities and total independence, our three daughters immersed themeselves in the exercise and each walked away with a memorable souvenir they can call their own.

This is a comprehensive two hour process that combines art and science in equal measure. It cost 45 euros and while not inexpensive it certainly is worth it considering that the student walks out with a considerable quantity of their own creation.

My 15 year old went back to school today and she admitted that she used her new perfume. Proof indeed that the activity connected.

Be forewarned about the justifiable upsell on upscale packaging at the end of the process. You can easily decline and stick with the basic packaging and get atomisers less expensively on ebay or at a cosmetic supplier.

Highly recommended for teenage girls. My wife was not able to attend and she was envious of the girl's creations so I suppose it is great for women also.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank EuropeinFebruary
A TripAdvisor Member
“A Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2004

I had the wonderful experience last week of attending a "create your own perfume" at the Galimard Perfume "Studio des Fragances" in Grasse, in the South of France.
I recommend this experience to anyone. Aside from learning a lot of fascinating facts about how perfume is made, and its history, you have the opportunity to create your own perfume from scratch. Once completed, with the assistance of some very talented and knowledgeable technicians, your perfume is coded, and you can always reorder it by email. It is a fun experience and something applicable for both men and women of all ages!

19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member