Mandarina Hotel by Actisource
Le Virginia(Grasse)(Great Value!)
$89
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
AEC Les Cedres(Grasse)(Great Value!)
$97
  • Pool
Hotel La Bellaudiere(Grasse)(Great Value!)
$90
$88
Travelocity
$310
$298
$341
  • Restaurant
Les Jardins du Golf(Chateauneuf de Grasse)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The hotel is very basic, but clean. Towels and bed sheets very clean. Rooms are cleaned every day which is good. All the rooms differ, some are very small, but some are pretty spacious and in need of a bit of attention. But the management were great at moving you around - not a problem - very helpful. There is no air-con and no fans in rooms. The hotel is a 2 star which is definitely what it is. Breakfast was adequate - but only about 8 cereal bowls and bearing in mind there were 17 of us a bit difficult if you all wanted cereal!!!
One problem we had was the Bar - well in effect the bar doesn't operate. On our first day the men had one beer. But they are not licensed to sell alcohol. The second day they said they didn't have any beer - so no beer or wine!!!! Or water - we couldn't even buy a bottle of water. On the Saturday we were attending a wedding but not leaving the hotel until 4pm, so the drink definitely was a problem. A couple from our party went into town and bought some beer and water. They should install a machine with water and soft drinks.
But the hotel is definitely okay for a couple of days stopover - but take some water with you.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies are bigger. Rooms downstairs are tiny. Also the double beds were very small, we changed to a twin room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dgibbonsLondon
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We find it very easily,coming from Italy by car.
It's 10 minutes walk from Grasse which is a city where parking isn't easy.
This hotel has got an area to park the cars just inside the property.
The breakfast was with a nice buffet and the price is almost the same you can find having it in town. Room was clean and silent.There's a nice view on the valley.
I would definitely suggest.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in September 2011 and had an amazing time. The culture of the hotel WAS friendly relaxed and welcoming. I returned in May 2012 and advised 15 of my friends and family to stay there (we were in town for a wedding).

We arrived @ 11pm on a saturday night to discover no one on the terrace and no sign of life at all. Reception was closed and we had to wake up a lady in order to check in. The next morning I went down to order a couple of drinks only to discover it was "under new management" and they did not have a bar licence. Even for soft drinks - No wonder no one was on the terrace.

The manager - called Antony (I did ask for his surname but his reply was "do i ask questions about your life ... you are very strange") was rude from day one. He looked tiered and miserable and he generally gave me the impression that he did not want guests to be in his hotel. On check out I asked if me and my considerable amout of guest could leave our bags anywhere. His responce was "we`l see" and then "no". He then also charged me 15 euro per day for parking ... this was not mentioned when booking and was not applicable in Sept 2011.

Overall a truely miserable hotel. The loctaion has great views but I would not stay here again. It is a decent walk into town and the return journey is up a hill. Such a shame.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2012

From the start: On a scooter tour of Southern France with a group of 10. I was traveling with a buddy (also male). Took a bus from the airport in Nice. Called the hotel from the bus station to get directions and a cab. No answer on the phone at 10am. Eventually found a cab, very short ride from the bus station that I never would have found by myself due to the lack of signage and one way streets. On arrival, we were greeted at the reception are by the view of a hole in the ceiling of the dining/breakfast area where a repairman was disappearing into the ceiling dropping wet drywall onto the uncovered dining area. We were taken to a tiny room, formerly a cell for monks at a converted monastery. There were two twin beds pushed together. The manger (male) remarked how cozy my pal and I would be. During the week, he propositioned me two more times. Nothing against gays (a boy DOES like to be asked!), but seems highly unprofessional for a hotelier. Was able to settle for separate rooms due to a no-show couple. 143 steps from desk to room, of these, 42 were stairs, some up, some down. Had to live out of the suitcase as there was no dresser or other reasonable storage option. My closet barely had room for 5 plastic hangers (see photo). The bathroom had a shower stall 30" square (I measured it). You couldn't bend over without shutting off the water or adjusting the temp by bumping into it (I'm 5'4", 165lbs. Not very big.) Caveat: Excellent water pressure. Spectacular view of the city out the window which remained open throughout my stay as there was no other climate control options other than a radiator which was hardly necessary in June and not turned on anyway. Wi-Fi strong on patio and closer to reception area, very spotty in room (to be fair, my room was as far away from desk as you could get). No phone, no clock, no radio. No hotel staff on site after 9pm. So when your magnetic key didn't work, we were instructed to call a phone number and wait 30 mins for somebody to arrive. Told this was the norm, nothing they could do about it. Witnessed an unrelated guest, an elderly Asian woman, who could not get into her room on a day that there was a sign on the door saying nobody would be available from noon until 3pm. Guess what? Nobody was available until 3pm. Remember the ceiling incident? There was wet drywall permanently embedded in the dining room rug and the GM said that the hole would remain in the ceiling until the end of the summer. The other receptionist, a woman, would grudgingly assist you, if her smoke break was over and she didn't have a phone call.

If you've read this far, thank you. Bottom line: Clean sheets, good water pressure and view. Walking distance to old town if you have two good knees. Snotty, disinterested staff. If I came back to Grasse, I would stay for the view. If I was alone. But I won't come back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Timdnml
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Not suitable for people with walking difficulties, as the hotel is on a steep hill. On arrival, I found there to be no tea and coffee facililities. There was no drinking water available, and no drinks machine. Great views from hotel. Breakfast was well presented. The room was very clean, and the bed very comfortable.

I would be in two minds whether to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo